SB vs Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
New Jersey
Hey guys its been awhile sense I have visited the forums or used a eig.. I bought a SB awhile back and loved it but it was just to big to carry around. So my ?'s are, Is the omega smaller at all and does it perform better or the same as the SB? Im looking to purchase everything I need again as I sold everything I had before so I would just like to hear from a few people before doing so.. Thanks

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Hey guys its been awhile sense I have visited the forums or used a eig.. I bought a SB awhile back and loved it but it was just to big to carry around. So my ?'s are, Is the omega smaller at all and does it perform better or the same as the SB? Im looking to purchase everything I need again as I sold everything I had before so I would just like to hear from a few people before doing so.. Thanks

AHA! So YOU'RE the guy that got my nick! :) (I kept sending the admins requests to make it available since you had died... they wanted a certificate...)

P.S. I'm not well liked here. Lots of people will hate you. If you see angry mobs with torches they are probably looking for you.

The BB is significantly smaller and lighter in the hand/pocket. It will just fit (with atty/carto attached) in a shirt pocket -- maybe a bit diagonally. Without making it sag. I think I prefer the domed button. Performance is identical to the SB -- just for not as long. My 14500 batteries usually last about 4 hours.

Last edited:

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Yeesh, somebody is changing the title right? I could swear it had BB in it a minute ago.

The Omega does feel smaller and a bit lighter than the SB. Also coutoured to the hand. It does take more effort to activate. It is not really pocket friendly (sit down with it in your front pocket and you're likely to compress it and activate). It is mechanical and user serviceable (...but how many people have ever had their SB serviced?). I prefer holding the Omega. I prefer activating the SB. I will put the Omega in my pocket but only temporarily and never sit with it in there. I like both.

DCP_1065.jpg

DCP_1069.jpg

DCP_1067.jpg

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Im a heavy smoker so I really want something thats going to help me save some money. I did have a problem when I started to vape and I was told it was the juice I was using (PG) so Im willing to give it another try using VG.. Do all 3 run at 3.7 and 6v?

Yes.
The SB and Omega are identical as far as batteries go.
18650 - 3.7v
CRC123A's - 6v (I recommend the Tenergy protected 3v ones)

For the BB.
14500 - 3.7v
CR2's - 6v (only 1 option for protected here. It's those green ones (trustfire?) from Madvapes I think. And the protection circuit will trip when using atty's/cartos less than 3.0 ohms)

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
I have never fired the BB or the SB in my pocket. I have fired the OMeGa in my pocket and that can get uncomfortable if you're driving and can't get it out.

haha, that's exactly when I fired mine the one and only time. I was driving back over a pretty aggressively twisty and hilly road. I didn't notice the heat for a while. By the time I got it out of my pocket I had melted a delrin drip tip on the cartomizer.

ChRi$

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
☆ So-CaL ☆
i havent used a BB or SB so i cant really compare the three. i can say, i love my Omega. it rarely goes in my pocket, its always in hand, on my desk, or in my bookbag. when i do put it in my pocket while walking or farting around with a beer in my hand i try to always remember to pull the atty or carto off and slip it in the small pocket on my levi's. just a lil insurance and safety policy i follow.

i've been thinking of a way to make a failsafe washer of some type to slip in between the omega to make it inpossible to fire. i was thinking of cutting out a horseshoe shaped piece of plastic or firm rubber to clip on the slide housing, but i havent found anything to use just yet. any ideas Chad?

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I recommend AW 2x3V Batts for 6v vaping over the Tenergy's all day long they hit way better, also the AW IMR AND IC 18650 Batts for 3.7v vaping as for the SB & OMEGA they both ROCK, Chad you sure you don't wear your pants on the ground and your pencil holder isn't showing while your machining all these units, hahahahah

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
i've been thinking of a way to make a failsafe washer of some type to slip in between the omega to make it inpossible to fire. i was thinking of cutting out a horseshoe shaped piece of plastic or firm rubber to clip on the slide housing, but i havent found anything to use just yet. any ideas Chad?

ChRi$
Get one of those elastic hair ties, experiment with different ways of wrapping it into the switch groove.
I,m sure it won't take you long to find a method that works.
I just lay the tie in the switch groove, cross the elastic while drawing tight and then hook the free loop over the atty.
OR, tie a knot in the elastic tie so that one of the loops is a little smaller than the diameter of the Omega body, use this loop to jam the switch. This method seems to be the most secure.
I can't get the switch to fire no matter how hard I push.
Works great for me.

Last edited:

weaponX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2010
C-bus, Ohio
Both are obviously great products built by
an amazing manufacturer.

Seems like it comes to personal preference.

For me, the SB was a bit too fancy for my taste.
I like the manly "throw it off my roof" feel and look
of my silver vein Omega. Like I could be working
on my car and not worry about smudging it.

But, the SB woulda been a fine match sittin next to
my mac...lol

Thats all aesthetic tho...never used the SB, but so far
imho the Omega has performed beautifully!

Ω

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread