Scared I have popcorn lung

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagebers

Jun 27, 2018
Hello im having some minor symptoms on popcorn lung like a cough and some minor wheezing but I've had a stuffed nose and minor allergies as well so might just be allergiesbut I worry alot and am scared I have popcorn lung I would go over to my friends house sometimes and use his juul frequently there but never had my own and just wanted some feedback because I'm freaking out right now

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
OMG! ME TOO! Xanax cured mine.

"Scared" and about very specific "popcorn lung" is the issue.
That is what the govt, media and tobacco control want. Control by fear. Keep on paying them money while they try to scare you less about lung cancer so they can keep 20% of the population paying them tobacco taxes.

Even if you were vaping a flavor called Buttery Flavored Caramel Movie Theater Diacetyl Laced Popcorn you wouldn't have had enough from the usage you describe to get "popcorn lung".

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
There is no need to worry about popcorn lung. There has never been a case diagnosed that has anything to do with vaping. It was a scare tactic by the people that want you to just keep smoking so they can collect those big tax dollars. We still dont know just how safe vaping is but we do know its safer than smoking. Since this is the greatest country on earth I wish they would actually do some real research on the subject and quit with the BS studies just to make a dollar. Its a shame the way these so called scientist twist things around and just downright lie and all for what?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You don't have popcorn lung.

However, if you are worried about it, go see a doctor.

Also stop using your friend's Juul. If it's causing you THIS MUCH angst, there is a very simple solution. Stop using your friend's Juul and don't buy any more vape equipment or vape ever again.

If you have even a HINT of the slow, deadly and totally imaginary case of Vape popcorn lung, I believe you have a chance at a totally normal life, if you cease vaping.

Uh, also, if you read about popcorn lung somewhere (I mean you MUST HAVE, right?) I can't imagine why you started vaping in the first place.

If you read about the slow, deadly and totally imaginary case of Vaping popcorn lung by excessive googling after catching a head cold or allergy season started, well, STOP VAPING, and also, do not google late at night and also not after having completed some science and statistics courses, well STOP DOING THAT too.

In all seriousness, my sympathies and all, I know it's scary thinking you have a disease (imaginary or not) and go to the doctor, but I'm 100% certain that you don't have it. Something else maybe but not that.

Anna

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
In all seriousness, my sympathies and all, I know it's scary thinking you have a disease (imaginary or not) and go to the doctor, but I'm 100% certain that you don't have it. Something else maybe but not that.

Anxiety is a terrible thing. Public Health is a horrible thing for exploiting it. As are advertisers who exploit it.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
baited.jpg

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I think with all the garbage that has been put out there about the evil e-cigarette we might be seeing more and more people having fears/anxiety that they "have something".
The Anti Smoking Zealots, Media and the Government have done a huge disservice to the public with their fearmongering, money grubbing FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) about e-cigarettes when they should be encouraging e-cigarette use if they really cared about Public Health.

Please have some heart in responding to these types of threads and knock off the wisecracks.

With that said - if someone thinks they are truly ill, they need to go to the doctor, not be posting on a Forum.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I think with all the garbage that has been put out there about the evil e-cigarette we might be seeing more and more people having fears/anxiety that they "have something".
The Anti Smoking Zealots, Media and the Government have done a huge disservice to the public with their fearmongering, money grubbing FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) about e-cigarettes when they should be encouraging e-cigarette use if they really cared about Public Health.

Please have some heart in responding to these types of threads and knock off the wisecracks.

With that said - if someone thinks they are truly ill, they need to go to the doctor, not be posting on a Forum.

FDA playing on anxiety sent me back to smoking for 3 years in '09.
I make sure to tell them every chance I get.

I think a lot of these types of FUD campaigns are why anxiety disorders are up.
It's not just the FUD fears, how many times do we see someone saying they're addicted to smoking only to find out they don't smoke enough to keep the half-life of nicotine going to support addiction?
They have to know exactly what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread