Schematic of m4x and Gamucci?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rykk

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Florida
Hi - I was given some really jam up batts by the lady who sells e-cigs at the local flea market. They are 1000mWh Gamucci manual batts that, allegedly, didn't work. Well, one was easy as they simply 4got to install the LED board on the top of the batt in China! It worked anyway, just didn't have a light. The second worked fine from the git-go. So both worked.....for a day or two.

I tried to charge them to no avail. When I took them (manual Gamucci) apart (I'm pretty fair at repairing batts) I noticed there was only a double pole, normally open switch and what "looks" like a surface mount transistor or diode. It looks to me like these may be "disposable" e-cigs as I can't see how it would recharge. Although maybe with the switch closed there would be a potential difference and charging might happen that way?

So, to cut to the crux of the bisquit: What I want to do is take the circuit board from an m4x series batt and replace the vacuum switch with the manual switch from the Gamucci and also use the 1Wh batt (m401 is 0.74Wh) from the Gamucci. so as to have full functionality - recharge, blinking LEDs. I tried just wiring the batt/LED in to where the same wires/signals go with the m4x batt and swapping the vacuum switch with the manual (normally open) switch. No-Go - LED lights, but no 3.7 (wahoo!!) volts across the atty.

So, either the m4x board has a bad part (maybe why it didn't work - thought it was vac sw) or the vacuum switch "might" be a normally closed switch, which might explain how the rechargeable batts know they are plugged into 4.2 or 4.6 volts? I've not been able to actually measure one of the vacuum switches that I knew FOR SURE worked and never got one to switch while I had a meter across it..

Does anybody know where I might find a schematic for these things or maybe have one they've made, themselves? Sure would help if I knew what I had - the "PIC" chip only says "e-smoke", no part number to look up.

Thanks!
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread