Screwdriver MKI - follow up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I was suggesting I could mail them to you. You are in Nova Scotia? I don't know if I have any brand new ones, but I could clean them and drop em in a little envelope and send them. Just PM me if you want.
Cool I would definitely appreciate that if they are of no further use to you. I would sure like to master this RN4075. PM sent

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Yup! in this case it is both the vendor and the community that were blind sided by the change. The 510 only marginally performs better on the RN4075. I like the vaping experience through the atty, when it works like it is supposed to. Unfortunately, it doesn't do, what it is supposed to, more often than not. That is my frustration, and albeit there is a learnign curve, it is one that if you follow the recommended instructions as stated, it should not be a problem. I have and yet, I can only define the atty as finicky, at least the ones I have tried 4, and I popped one, my first one??? So yeah we can blame a lot on user error, but sometimes and it is my opinion there is more here than just user error.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Switched, I found the "older" version of the RN4075 to be almost flood proof. I think I made a statement to that earlier in this thread. Apparently that is not the case with this newly designed 4075s. I seldom use the 4075s anymore since I have switched everything over to the 510. But I find the 510 is also more susceptible to flooding then the old 4075, but like the vapor production I get from the 510 more. It's all perception, opinion, and how the user uses the atty. I like the fact that w/ my 510's, if it starts getting a burnt harsh, burn your throat taste, well it's dry...top off or add a couple drops if dripping. If it's producing little vapor, it's probably flooded and just blow it out from the battery side.

It seems the new 4075 acts more like a 510 now?! And it seems the distributors didn't know the manufacturer had made changes to the product.

Last edited:

boxhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Chico, california
i waited waited for some batts from deal extream way back when nobody had them, now there are quite a few...who have them and some that are higher amp ratings, output...( not higer volt but more amps out under load)

anyway, in post #8, having batts for rotation just let me find subpar batts, i mean that out of 16 batts 4 do not have the preformance of the others from new. and i did allow for a limited amout of charge/discharge cycles to get the batts up to speed. so i have dropped the rotation quanty to 6, and for me was easyer to track what batt was reaching the end of life by how many batts i had to charge at the end of the day and which ones was in the recharge line more often, i did for a while carry harbor frieghts 3.00$vdm to check batt AND atty ohms...and the cheep meter i think didnt show ohm diffs to allow me to say the change of atty reistence was wearing batts, i do think that is an issue, but on a bigger batt, not as much as with oem kit batts (901, 801, 510 standard):cool:

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
On another note, when my 510 or RN4075's get weak, I switch them over to my HV mod and the performance will be great on it. Going on travel so I just went through 6 510 atty's to determine the vapor production of each @3.7. Two where good, and the others are moved over to HV even after cleaning them. They work great @5-6V. The resistance builds up on them due to gunk buildup, type of juice used, and starting resistance etc. The HV mod overcomes most, if not all of these problems... until they pop!

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
i waited waited for some batts from deal extream way back when nobody had them, now there are quite a few...who have them and some that are higher amp ratings, output...( not higer volt but more amps out under load)

anyway, in post #8, having batts for rotation just let me find subpar batts, i mean that out of 16 batts 4 do not have the preformance of the others from new. and i did allow for a limited amout of charge/discharge cycles to get the batts up to speed. so i have dropped the rotation quanty to 6, and for me was easyer to track what batt was reaching the end of life by how many batts i had to charge at the end of the day and which ones was in the recharge line more often, i did for a while carry harbor frieghts 3.00$vdm to check batt AND atty ohms...and the cheep meter i think didnt show ohm diffs to allow me to say the change of atty reistence was wearing batts, i do think that is an issue, but on a bigger batt, not as much as with oem kit batts (901, 801, 510 standard):cool:
I'm not quite sure what you are stating here? I received my spare batts and all are numbered (1-10), that's the easiest way I can keep track of them. I have 4 in rotation as we speak. The nano charger bit the dust. I believe because it was from plugging and unplugging it, as I do not leave chargers plugged when not in use, as they have been proven to use a certain amount of power, whether they are in use or not. Regardless, it is now toast.

The first thing I do when performance drops is measure resistance, is get the meter out and check things. My sig says it all...

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
On another note, when my 510 or RN4075's get weak, I switch them over to my HV mod and the performance will be great on it. Going on travel so I just went through 6 510 atty's to determine the vapor production of each @3.7. Two where good, and the others are moved over to HV even after cleaning them. They work great @5-6V. The resistance builds up on them due to gunk buildup, type of juice used, and starting resistance etc. The HV mod overcomes most, if not all of these problems... until they pop!
I have found that keeping liquids below 20% VG will increase the life of an atty exponentially. I popped 2 801s in two days using HV liquid from Nhaler, which was quite thick. I believe it may very well be pure VG. Regardless the other 2 801s that I am using with Dekang and my liquid are performing like champs. Coincidence? I don't know, but those are my findings and based on what I am reading, could very well be quite plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread