• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

SCV Facebook page!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
(Copied over from the Southern Cali Vapors social group)

So I mentioned a while back that I was going to be more active in the group, and try to help facilitate our evolution (in so many words...).

I think a Facebook page is the next logical step. This will allow us to update our locations, send out event invitations, offer up new ideas, and to give and receive feedback, to name a few.

I think this will be an easy way to set up impromptu get-togethers, as well as schedule future dates. And as many of us have Facebook on our mobile phones, we can stay updated while on the go.

I figure anything e-cig or vaping related would be part of the territory, naturally. But also believe this needs to be a fun place for us to congregate and socialize.

I would be posting a link at about this point, but I just don't think I'm up to the task of managing the page. I work 2 jobs, and am very busy. However, if this falls on deaf ears, or no one else is up to the task, I'd definitely be willing to reconsider. After all, how hard could it be?

Please feel free to post any comments/criticisms/ideas or suggestions.

And as for who will take charge of the page, I'm sure we can come up with a democratic solution if we put our heads together... hell, maybe we could vote on it. we'll just have to be sure to leave out all that electoral college nonsense...

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
I'm a newbie here, been vaping 17 days... tobacco free for 16 of those!!
I am also very active on Facebook and I think it's a great idea!! I have already joined the ECF group there and a couple of others I found, but nothing that related specifically to SoCal.

I have been talking about my whole experience on there and already had a couple of friends interested before I had even placed my first order, and a few more have joined in to watch my progress and ask questions... So I started a little group in the messages where we can talk back and forth without doing it just on my wall. And of course I have pointed them all in the direction of the ECF.

I am not working and have WAY too much time on my hands, so if you really get stuck and need someone to help out, I would be more than happy to be of service in any way that I can!!

Just say the word... :thumb:

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
That sounds good. I may take you up on that. Where in SoCal are you?

I was hopoing to generate a little more enthusiasm on the topic. But these social group forums arent all that active. People just seem to forget about them. Thats why I wanted to put us on FaceBook. people check that religiously.

An, as you alluded to, it would be great to just send your friends who may be interested to a Facebook page about vaping. and not just that, but made for and by vapers here in southern california. i think it will provide a great support network for new and old users alike, on a local level. the forums are great! dont get me wrong. but in many ways they can be impersonal. with this, you could actually meet, and hang out with the vary same people you discuss vaping with online. hell, they might even be your neighbors!

anyway,
BUMP

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
I live in Redondo Beach, just So. of LAX... and my friends on Facebook are spread out from San Diego to Fresno, and another one who lives in Oregon (but he's more interested for his wife, and I know that they have been having problems up there with the recent banning of the sale of 2 OTC brands...)

I also think we might have enough people here to start a sub-group for the South Bay/Westside area, since I know that we have a few folks from Torrance, Gardena, Redondo, Playa del Rey, Culver City and Santa Monica... and maybe a few more would come forward if we did.

I would LOVE to be able to get some sort of group events happening, and Facebook is a good place to do that!! They have the apps in place to send out the invites and to track the RSVP's, too... I used to hang out at a local Blues club around here, but the owner sold the place a couple of years ago. I still know my way around town and have a few contacts, that I'm sure I could find a place that would let us turn it into a 'Vapor Room' (of sorts) for one night, or even an afternoon... :vapor:

Let me know what you think!!

(btw, one of the 1st people I met on the ECF only lives a few miles away from me...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread