Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
Another saddle valve user here. I don't know what type of peoples saddle valves are dulling easily. I got mine at Lowes in the plumbing section for $7 I think. It has punch at least 30 cartos and still going strong. I don't have a fancy dremel tool or have money to buy a descent one. It doesn't even matter though, the saddle valve takes 2 seconds and works perfect.

Provangelist

May 25, 2012
USA
Sorry if this is redundant but do you punch 1 hole or 2? I'm confused because I thought they needed 2 holes but it sounds like now everyone is just doing 1?

I've punched up to 3 holes in cartos before, and had them work beautifully. It just depends on the VG content, really.

As for methods, I have a saddle valve that I've been using, but it likes to slide down the side of the carto a lot of the time. It worked great like the first three or four times, but now it's just a hassle to use. Last night, I slotted one with my Dremel. It worked quite well, but now I have a metallic taste to my vape, which is not so good. It could just bee the carto though, I've had that before. Phiniac sells a sweet punch on their site. I think I'm about to order one myself.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Carolina Vapes has one that works well and has a 15% off code for Fathers Day. Should be right at $30 shipped. DAD2012 is the code http://www.carolinavapes.com/Tiny-Mite-Carto-Punch-V-2_p_158.html

I have used an Awl and hammer for a very long time. It never gets dull and the carto will not dent like it will with a nail or softer metal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread