Second go around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perpetualsharon

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2012
St. Louis, MO, USA
This is my second go around trying the e-cig. A couple of years ago, I bought a kit from modern vapor but quickly went back to smoking. I bought a new set up this time, eGo-C and an eGo-C pass through plus a CE4 2.4ml cartomizer. Then I upped my nic dosage to 24mg. I think part of the problem the first time was that I wasn't getting the full vapor effect I wanted and my nicotine dose was too low(18mg) for me. Or maybe I just want the quit more this time. I don't know.

But I have to say, this time I am enjoying it a lot more. I don't feel like I have lost a part of me by stopping my analog cigarettes. I am 12 days in and haven't even had the urge to smoke a real cigarette. Usually by day 2 or 3, my husband is driving me to the store and saying, "just buy them, ok?" I thought work might be a problem since I work nights and my smoke breaks helped to break up the night, but this is actually better. Our company allows us to use our e-cigs in the office and in company vehicles. Sweet. No standing outside in the blistering heat. I am looking forward to not standing outside in the bitter winter cold either.

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
congrats and try not to think of it as quitting cigs. You didn't give up anything. You still get to enjoy your nic, you inhale it and it tastes even better. You get everything you wanted without the junk you didn't want in the first place. It's every bit as social and enjoyable. It also doesn't make you and anti-smoker like all too many people who give up cigs. They seem to feel the need to get all preachy and look down on smokers. No need to look down on anyone, us vapers get to puff away right next to them. If anyone asks why you quit just say you didn't quit you found a new way to get your nic and you enjoy it.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Kremppie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
McKinney TX
This is my second time around too. It has been much easier this time, but I have had a few rough patches. I just ordered supplies to make my own juice. I may not be any good at it, but it will keep me interested in my new hobby. And...I think summer and winter are the best time to quit. I don't like going outside in the heat or cold just to smoke.

Perpetualsharon

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2012
St. Louis, MO, USA
In my mind, all I told myself was that I was changing brands. lol seems silly but it's working for me. I smoked a PAD for 24 years. Outside or in the garage. Now I smoke on my couch, in the car, in the bedroom, playing the piano, on the pc, at work, in my Mom's house... I actually played golf today with my husband, first time in 10 years and we walked the course! The swing is bad, but the breathing is better walking uphill. I'll take a bad swing and being able to breathe any day.

zuzette

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2012
Colorado
congrats to you :)

One word of advice on the c - buy extra tanks NOW. the design of the tanks can create a hard draw after 5-6 refills. Nothing is more frustrating than finding it hard to vape when the equipment worked just fine before.

Also - go ahead and get some extra attys right away. You might not need them but again - if and when you do you dont want to wait for them....

I like the c just fine. It gives a good vape when the tanks are new and the atty is new. Having said that my own experience degraded when the parts started to fail. I have had much better luck with the mini vivi nova tank and the heads (atty) is very easy to replace and cheaper than the c atty too.

Still you have good unit - just be sure to keep some spare parts on hand. While Im at it - order some extra caps for the tanks too. After taking the tank on and off the atty the hole in the cap can become mishapen and start to leak. but by that time you might be wanting to replace the tank anyway.

RickPBush

Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
devon
Hey, I'm Rick and I'm a second timer (lol), first time I tried vaping was in 06-07 ish, when the very first ecigs hit the UK. A friend had one and I thought it was amazing until I bought one and suffered no end of liquid in my mouth and the thing not firing, after that I couldn't be bothered with the iffy tech. I decided to give it another go after trying a disposable recently that really worked if only for half a day but it prompted me to research and buy a vv mod. I now mix my own liquid at 24mg and to be honest I don't think I'm ever going back to real cigarettes.

Perpetualsharon

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2012
St. Louis, MO, USA
congrats to you :)

One word of advice on the c - buy extra tanks NOW. the design of the tanks can create a hard draw after 5-6 refills. Nothing is more frustrating than finding it hard to vape when the equipment worked just fine before.

Also - go ahead and get some extra attys right away. You might not need them but again - if and when you do you dont want to wait for them....

I like the c just fine. It gives a good vape when the tanks are new and the atty is new. Having said that my own experience degraded when the parts started to fail. I have had much better luck with the mini vivi nova tank and the heads (atty) is very easy to replace and cheaper than the c atty too.

Still you have good unit - just be sure to keep some spare parts on hand. While Im at it - order some extra caps for the tanks too. After taking the tank on and off the atty the hole in the cap can become mishapen and start to leak. but by that time you might be wanting to replace the tank anyway.

Thanks for the advice. I do have the small tanks and atomizers(they go in the cone) that came with the kit and then bought a cartomizer style tank (i think thats what it is called) that I use almost exclusively. I'm lazy and don't like to refill very often... Right now I only refill the 2.4 ml tank every two days. I do have a mini stockpile of juice because I want to be prepared for never having to go to the gas station for a pack. I will look into the mini vivi nova tank. Thanks!

Perpetualsharon

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2012
St. Louis, MO, USA
I decided to give it another go after trying a disposable recently that really worked if only for half a day but it prompted me to research and buy a vv mod. I now mix my own liquid at 24mg and to be honest I don't think I'm ever going back to real cigarettes.

Hey Rick, is the vv you mention the same as the vivi Zuzette mentioned?

SeaBrz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2009
Florida
I, too, am on my second attempt with ecigs, but now have no doubt that I will ever want another regular cig. That was not the situation back when I joined here in 2009. The research, knowledge, hardware, juice and vendor base have advanced so much over the past few years.

I am so glad that you came back to give it another chance. Like you, I am lazy about refilling and absolutely love my Vivi Nova's (both regular and minis). I still have some Stardust Clearos that do not disappoint me at all, and I have a few 510 atomizers that I use for just dripping on occasion. (Yeah, I have started DIY now and that is so much fun, too!)

Anyway, just wanted to say welcome back to someone that experienced the "old times" like I did. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread