Seeking advice on ecig models, after losing my Riva ego batteries, what is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

judybr

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
Land of the Dragon, Western NC
I am looking for some advice on what kind of ecig models will hold longer charges, loved my riva set(were killed yesteray-barely had more than a month-bad new mega cartomizer-) but could stand a longer charge.
I have spent the last 3 months having to haul a lot of stuff around to make it through a normal work day(about 11 or so hours a day between work and driving) and would really like to lighten my load. I guess I am somewhat of a heavy vaporer.
I also want to be able to vape without filling something up every few mins and not have to work so hard (draw) at getting good vapor/th and flavor.
I really like the 510 parts but that is all I really know about. Of course, cost is very important.
Are there bigger batteries that hold a longer charge in something near the same shape as the ego varieties and what will they work with so I can vape longer?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and replies!
Judy

Dee74

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
Tampa Bay,Fl
Not sure why your Riva batts died so young. Mine are 3 months old and are just now not holding for more than 6-8 hours each. I keep 3 in rotation. I use a regular 510 atty. I nurse 12 + hr shifts and have had no problems. Maybe the Mega is killing them? I would buy another Riva or Ego or a 900 mah Ego or a mod that uses 510 stuff. I have a 510 (mega batts),Riva, Journeyman and all parts are inter changeable. Parts are available almost anywhere and priced well. Good luck.

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
You need to look at the bottom feed mods - REO, REO Mini, Phidias, or Ali'i. These PVs have large batteries that will provide 12 hours or more of vaping, 3ml or 6ml dispenser bottles that will easily get you through a full day or two of vaping with out worrying about a re-fill, and no carts or cartos to fill. These units provide truly hassle free vaping. You don't want to consider battery mods that only provide you with a larger battery, but leave you tied to carts, cartos, or dripping. I have both a Screwdriver MKII & a Sparkplug SP2 (both battery mods), and they are both collecting dust in my junk drawer.

Last edited:

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
You might look at these Madvapes Maxi Roughstack. If you go with the 18650 battery at 2400mah it's almost 4 times the capacity of a stock eGo. At $50 it's about the price of an eGo starter kit. Replacement batt's are only $7.59 too so if you kill a couple it's cheap to replace. It's also a 510 threading so you can use your Riva atty's and carto's on it.

rogerdugans

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
A house in the US
As another HEAVY smoker who didn't like constantly hauling a pile of supplies around, I'll second the idea of upgrading to a liquid fed device of some sort.

Most either come with 510 threads or can be used with 510 adapters.

I just started with my GGTS/AVS and finally put down the analogs, after 6 weeks of fighting with carts and cartos. ;)

judybr

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
Land of the Dragon, Western NC
Stu99
Do a search on altsmoke silver bullet, or omega. Also, jeff at thagbuilt sells the chuck. Both large battery mods that will get u through the day. Just do due diligence in knowing what you are buying and batteries. Good luck.

Stu

Hi Stu,
I checked out those sites and OMG, a little high for my budget but definately something to consider down the road. Thank you for the assistance!!

Dee74
Not sure why your Riva batts died so young. Mine are 3 months old and are just now not holding for more than 6-8 hours each. I keep 3 in rotation. I use a regular 510 atty. I nurse 12 + hr shifts and have had no problems. Maybe the Mega is killing them? I would buy another Riva or Ego or a 900 mah Ego or a mod that uses 510 stuff. I have a 510 (mega batts),Riva, Journeyman and all parts are inter changeable. Parts are available almost anywhere and priced well. Good luck.

Dee74,
It was the new cartos that burned up my batteries. I had never had something like that happen in the 3 months I have been vaping and didn't know it could happen. I was very happy with the Rivas as I could get a whole day out of 2 of them. Bummer!
I work at a hospital but am a medical coder and since I have a 2 hour drive I work over so Friday will only be a half day for me. Need at least one afternoon a week to take care of bills, lol. I did go after the suggested model below (roughstack) and hopefully its on the way and will have enough power to actually get through a day. Then a way to get more juice! Have you seen some of the newer atomizers that hold juice and not all the stuffing, wow, can't wait to get ahold of some of those.
Thank you for the response!!

banjo
You need to look at the bottom feed mods - REO, REO Mini, Phidias, or Ali'i. These PVs have large batteries that will provide 12 hours or more of vaping, 3ml or 6ml dispenser bottles that will easily get you through a full day or two of vaping with out worrying about a re-fill, and no carts or cartos to fill. These units provide truly hassle free vaping. You don't want to consider battery mods that only provide you with a larger battery, but leave you tied to carts, cartos, or dripping. I have both a Screwdriver MKII & a Sparkplug SP2 (both battery mods), and they are both collecting dust in my junk drawer.

Banjo,
I looked at those sp2's and actually kind of liked it. I agree on the not being tied to things but I do have to watch my spending on these things and am not sure at all about the models you have suggested. I have seen some and like the looks but the prices I have seen are still a bit much for me. If I ever actually see some savings maybe I can SAVE for one.
Thank you very much for your suggestions!

cskent
You might look at these Madvapes Maxi Roughstack. If you go with the 18650 battery at 2400mah it's almost 4 times the capacity of a stock eGo. At $50 it's about the price of an eGo starter kit. Replacement batt's are only $7.59 too so if you kill a couple it's cheap to replace. It's also a 510 threading so you can use your Riva atty's and carto's on it.

cskent,
Well yours is the post I followed through on. I don't like the nakedness of this unit, umm, no color, but I can fix that. I called and talked to them and this is what I have on the way. This is where I ordered the maxi cartos that killed 3 of my batteries and they are helping with the losses I have had. Talk about great customer service!!! And I know it's not their fault something failed for me. Mad Vapes will probably be my supplier for non nic juice items in the future, they are close! Well, possibly nic juices also after I try a few of theirs. I think though TV will always have my heart on juices.
I have of course now learned to use a multilmeter to check things in the future thanks to spider.
Thank you so much for this info as I think I will at least be happy with the long term batteries this thing has.

You just gotta love this place!!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

rogerdugans
As another HEAVY smoker who didn't like constantly hauling a pile of supplies around, I'll second the idea of upgrading to a liquid fed device of some sort.

Most either come with 510 threads or can be used with 510 adapters.

I just started with my GGTS/AVS and finally put down the analogs, after 6 weeks of fighting with carts and cartos.

rogerdugans,
I am not sure what a GGTS/AVS is but if it cuts the extra hauling stuff around its got to be good. I think I will now always keep backup in my car with my little 510's as crap happens fast and I have had too many failures lately. But I am hoping the roughstack will take care of long term battery issues and then all I need to work out is the juice issue. I am seeing some new atomizers with a juice type barrell in them, one was an Australia site, and it looks like we are finally moving ahead with newer items that will make vaping so much better. I still keep analongs on hand just in case and don't know if that will ever change. In 3 months though, I have only bought one pk and it's still half full!!
Thank you so much for your response and insights.

Thank you all for taking time out of your day to help me with my issues. I have to say this is one great place to find help from so many!

Judy

jmanning

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2010
Amarillo, TX

That really is a super deal on a quality 18650 device!

REGGAEGEEK

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
West Georgia
There are several good suggestions here but each has its own pros and cons. The large battery mods offer great battery life but require bulkier chargers that don't travel so well and you really have to pay attention to the batteries each unit uses. lithium ion batteries can differ in sizes based on the manufacturer and whether they are protected or not. Then there is the overall size issue...these big battery mods are just that, BIG. Not everyone likes the idea of vaping from a device the size of a flashlight, not to mention the initial costs involved in spare batteries, charger, etc.. There is also the issue with performance. Even the large mods that use a single battery won't really offer increased performance, only longer duration. The newer IMR (liMN) batteries offer increased performance but sacrifice duration so again it's a trade off. Multiple battery units offer increased performance by increasing the voltage but carry some risks and require higher resistance atomizers to function properly.
There are several good alternatives that offer reasonable size and loger life while still maintaining the asthetics of a production unit. Drew at Nhaler offers a RIVA 1300mah kit for about 50 bucks i think and extra batteries are not too bad. I think GoodProphets offers Joye ego 900mah batteries for about 22 bucks each. These are great batteries as well and would work with all your existing RIVA stuff. I don't favor any particuliar vendor so i only mentioned these as reference. They both have a good rep here but google for your best bets. Hope this helps.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
... There is also the issue with performance. Even the large mods that use a single battery won't really offer increased performance, only longer duration.

The Madvapes Maxi Roughstack can use 18650 batt's for 3.7v at 2400mah, or 2 x 16340's for 7.4v at 880mah. Although under load you'll see less voltage, probably around 3.2v or 6.4v respectively. There are a lot of alternatives out there, it's just a matter of finding the right one to suit your needs and taste.

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I know i'm late to the party on this thread ... but have you considered a passthrough for the car? Did I understand that you have a 2 hour commute?

I believe the eGo has passthroughs and I know that Volcano Inferno (eGo clone) has the passthrough and a 650 & 1000 mAh bat in their kit. Volcano Fine Electronic Cigarette Mini Starter Kit

Last edited:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
The hello 1300 mah battery is the cheapest answer. You can use your 510 attys or carto's but you can't use the Ego cone with it. There is also a 1300 mah Ego which is the same diameter as a reg ego and you can use a regular cone and charger but is longer and the individual batteries are expensive when you can find them. They last me about 16 hours when they are new using a standard atty. The hello battery is the best answer because they are cheaper and you can use the riva charger so you don't have to buy a kit.

Last edited:

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The hello 1300 mah battery is the cheapest answer. You can use your 510 attys or carto's but you can't use the Ego cone with it. There is also a 1300 mah Ego which is the same diameter as a reg ego and you can use a regular cone and charger but is longer and the individual batteries are expensive when you can find them. They last me about 16 hours when they are new using a standard atty. The hello battery is the best answer because they are cheaper and you can use the riva charger so you don't have to buy a kit.

Good idea... and it comes as a passthrough that charges while plugged in and using. hello usb passthrough (oops... as has been pointed out below, this link is for a standard battery passthrough)

Last edited:

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That is just a standard 510 battery not the 1300 mah 016. It looks like he is out of stock on the 016 batteries but he has the best prices when he has them. Madvapes has them in stock for 25.00 or 35.00 for a carto 016 kit.

oops sorry about that. I didn't have my glasses on. I believe they make them though. I know absolutely that the Volcano Inferno is a 1000 mAh with a passthrough and charges. I think I've seen the same on a 016. maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread