The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

seeking knowledge

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by pita1028, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. pita1028

pita1028 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2011
    North Jersey
    I've seen kicks for sale, and I'm trying to but I don't understand. Can someone please explain what a kick does and what can a kick be added to?

2. cerver7

cerver7 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2010
    Shamong NJ
    Check YouTube.com for pbusardo review on the kick and he shows you in full detail what it does and how it's operated.

I know it works with a few mods, but I have yet to see a list of what mods it works with. I use mine on my silver bullet.

3. HappyTimeHarry

HappyTimeHarry Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2012
    Cedar Park, TX
    It turns a lot of standard tube mods into variable voltage. I believe it is for 18650 battery mods. Instead of putting the 18650 battery in them, you put a 18490 battery and add the kick at the bottom. You can adjust the kick to whatever voltage you want.

4. thinkingaboutit

thinkingaboutit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2012
    mn
    I thought the kick was variable wattage, not voltage.

5. RsK0807

RsK0807 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It's Variable WATTAGE. you control the wattage, the kick decides what voltage to use. It goes at the positive end of the battery in a METAL tube mod. Theres a ground spring on the side of the kick that needs to come in contact will the metal of a tube to Ground the Kick.

Youtube search for "Evolv Kick" and you'll find PLENTY of vids on the unit.

Good Luck

6. djwyman

djwyman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2012
    Lake Charles La
  7. lannister

lannister Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    CT, central
    The kick makes your device work the same regardless of the resistance of the atty or carto you use. I reads the resistance (ohms) and adjusts itself to deliver the same power (watts) through whatever heating element you choose. It also self regulates- meaning it adjusts for loss of battery power through the life of the battery.

It's a good thing to have- I have two. If you don't jump around too much from juice to juice or heating element type to heating element type, it is a fantastic device. Otherwise, you adjust it but that isn't too hard. It works in certain pv's that are listed on the evolv or super-t website, some people make them work on other devices but that voids the warranty (how do they know?).

PM me if you have other questions.

8. pita1028

pita1028 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2011
    North Jersey
    Thanks everyone I think I get it now. Now if I can find one. Most seem sold out.

9. lannister

Jan 6, 2012
    CT, central
    Yvw!!!!!!!!

10. MickeyRat

MickeyRat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2011
    Hickory, NC
    Last time everyone was out, I found that nhaler was putting a few up every few days. That's how I got mine. I sometimes wonder if they did that because people started putting them up in the classies for around $70.

11. cerver7

cerver7 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2010
    Shamong NJ
    I was thinking of selling mine but it would be with my silver bullet and some batts and juice.

12. lannister

Jan 6, 2012
    CT, central
    I have two but only need one...............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.