Seeking new setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
I had the Melo 3 and wasn't too impressed.

The very best flavor you can get is from an rda or rta where you build and wick your coils but IDK if you really wanting to go that way.

The best tank with drop in coils I've tried is the baby beast but you would need a more powerful mod and will definitely get more vapor too.

I have the geekvape aegis legend and do not have any complaints but let me say you must do the firmware update on this. You will also need 2 18650 batteries of good quality and a charger.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
@Doctorvapes makes some good points. Even a pico is bigger and more powerful than an I stick 40w. Particularly a used one.

How much bigger did you have in mind? What do you need from the device? That legend @Doctorvapes talks about will go all day under heavy vaping. Is this the kind of endurance you need?

Reactions: stols001

aveytare

Jun 25, 2018
@Doctorvapes makes some good points. Even a pico is bigger and more powerful than an I stick 40w. Particularly a used one.

How much bigger did you have in mind? What do you need from the device? That legend @Doctorvapes talks about will go all day under heavy vaping. Is this the kind of endurance you need?

I don't really care about how big. I would like a better battery life than what I have. I like chain vaping low nic all day.

Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
If flavor is your goal and you want direct lung hits I would go with a Freemax Fireluke Mesh or any mesh coil tank, they are all pretty similar. For a device do you want internal or external battery?

If you want a tighter draw look at the Innokin Kroma/Zenith kit.

aveytare

Jun 25, 2018
If flavor is your goal and you want direct lung hits I would go with a Freemax Fireluke Mesh or any mesh coil tank, they are all pretty similar. For a device do you want internal or external battery?

If you want a tighter draw look at the Innokin Kroma/Zenith kit.
Internal battery. Yeah, I like the tighter draw so I'll look into it!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I don't really care about how big. I would like a better battery life than what I have. I like chain vaping low nic all day.
I don’t think particularly well of internal battery mods. They all seem to have a microUSB2 connector and those connectors tend to break.

IMHO If you want to chain all day a double battery mod is probably what you want.
Popular well thought of mods include but are not limited to-

Geekvape legend: best ruggedness, quite large

Smoant cylon: decent ruggedness, medium size

Aspire speeder: light weight, unusually good battery

These will all charge off usb like an internal mod, but after you break the port you can at least continue to use them with a battery charger.

One idea to extend microUSB2 port life is to use a magnetic cable adapter

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The Innoken kit is great (although I have the Zenith tank not the kit fair disclosure.) It has come to be one of my very favorite tanks and coil life is fantastic, flavor is great and topfill is easy. It's also just a well built, solid tank. Draw is fairly adjustable.

Other good MTL tanks, the Ijoy elf (it's like the Nautilus 2 and takes those coils) only it fixed all the N2 problems---really 2 ml fil, unlike the N2, easier top fill by far, and it still has a metal cage only it's less enveloping than the N2 cage which (IMHO) is a heatsink so it heats up faster.

Any of the tanks that take the Joytech CLR coil 1.0 coil head (the Oddessy tank, the Ego Mega V2, the Tron-S tank) but the magic is in the coil, really. The coil can be rewicked with great ease and it's a great flavor coil as well and has good longevity. There is a 0.5 coil but I think? am pretty sure? that it's a TC only coil.

I did not like the Melo III tank one bit. If you want more battery life like a LOT, well the smallest yet nicest 2 battery mod I have come across is the Eleaf Invoke. It's a two battery mod but honestly it's almost as small as some of the single battery mods I have. Despite being tiny it's well built and can take a bit of a beating, I've dropped mine on several occasions.

Honestly most of the single battery mods I own are tubes style mods but there are some good options out there. I'm sure folks will be along with recommendations.

Could also check out this thread, lots of recommendations: Little itty bitty mods under $100.

If you want a DNA mod, the Jaq is one that gets consistently great reviews. I don't have one... Yet. I will. LOL.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi, welcome to ECF. I am going to assume you want a tighter draw and less vapor? (Although the Melo II can be sort of a medium airy draw.) I'd say good MTL tanks that are drop in and wont break the bank include the Innoken Zenith (4 ml capacity, easy topfill, great flavor, coils last a LONG time, although they can be a bit more expensive but the really last, just a well built, solid tank).

The Nautilus 2 is not at all a bad starter tank and the N2 coils are tried and true. Fair disclosure I don't vape mine any more the husband has them. However, there are some good tanks that take the N2 coils (they come in 1.6, 1.8 and 0.7 resistances) the Ijoy elf which sort of fixes the N2 "problems" but it will take the Nautilus coils although it comes with some proprietary coils. Really 2 ml tank, the N2 is only 1.7 ml if you fill to the "fill line" (and you should) easier top fill than the N2 in general and also slightly better flavor. There is a metal dome like the N2, but it isn't quite as enclosing, and I found the N2 dome to be a bit of a heat sink, meaning juice will heat up more quickly.

Any tank that takes the CLR coils (Joytech) at 1.0 resistance, great flavor and excellent coil life, can be rewicked easily. Some tanks (there are a ton more) include the Ego Mega V2, the Odyssey tank, and the Tron-S tank but the magic is in the coil.

As far as mods, do you want to stay with an internal battery mod, or would you like it to have an internal battery? I don't want to go recommending stuff without knowing that.

Welcome to ECF, congrats on switching to vaping and welcome :)

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Smoant Cylon is a great mod but you’d need batteries and a charger. I understand you want an internal battery mod because it’s simple with less to buy. If you plan on vaping for any length of time you should just jump in and get batteries and a charger. It’s also nice because you can always have charged batteries on deck ready to go. Even with a dual battery mod you are still going to be charging every day. Get yourself an Xtar charger and a couple sets of Samsung 30q’s. Get all that stuff from ilium or orbtronic. Always buy batteries from a reputable vendor. Go to vapecrawler and type in Smoant Cylon and it will give you a list of prices and vendors. Good site and works for any of your vape gear. These are just suggestions but will give you a nice vape. Good luck and happy vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread