Seeks advice from multi-mod owning pro's!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
OK OK OK I have read up n down and sideways...

This is what I want... I want to run with 5v on a 510 cause of course Im a 510 guy and I am very drawn to Mechanical mods no wires no regulators no bull so to speak...

So far the 2 Mods I have found that seem the most apealing are the Xhaler & SuperSix both of which to my understanding are mechanical MODS...

Am I Missing any other Mechanical Mods I may want to look at to compare???

Any advice from someone who might actually own and use both of these units and is partial to 510 Atty's???

I know well at least I think the SuperSix is a 6v mod but was thinking of using a HV Atty to trim it down a bit to gain 5v or close to it...

Any knowledge of these units or any other machanical style mod would be wonderful...

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I have a Super 6 on order...here are some issues you might want to look at as far as that goes..
for 6V it uses unprotected CR2 batteries.. for protected batteries you have to either find 3V LifePo batteries or jump up to protected 3.7V batteries and then use HV atties to bring it back down to 5V..
I'm not saying it's a bad thing just something you might want to look at as far as how easy it is to find batteries/battery charger that'll work and you're comfortable with..

The really nice thing is that the maker of the super 6 is planning to release a 4 in 1 adapter probably mid march for it after he releases his big battery mod (I know I'm a 510 user too but one singular adapter that'll take 510, 801, 901 attomizers and cartos without having to change little pieces/parts/adapters is a really really nice idea..) I chose the super 6 because of it's smaller size and it's design, and the 3 year warranty..

The xhaler appears to be nice, though often at the center of much controversy (ie..whether or not the endcap works as suggested...or whether or not it's a direct knock off of the gg) but the users really seem to love it...

So... as far as my first "true" mod...I'm not counting the lazer mod or the eGo as a mod...those were the 2 that I was considering...I went the route of the super 6..it really comes down to personal preference though..

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
I have a Super 6 on order...here are some issues you might want to look at as far as that goes..
for 6V it uses unprotected CR2 batteries.. for protected batteries you have to either find 3V LifePo batteries or jump up to protected 3.7V batteries and then use HV atties to bring it back down to 5V..
I'm not saying it's a bad thing just something you might want to look at as far as how easy it is to find batteries/battery charger that'll work and you're comfortable with..

The really nice thing is that the maker of the super 6 is planning to release a 4 in 1 adapter probably mid march for it after he releases his big battery mod (I know I'm a 510 user too but one singular adapter that'll take 510, 801, 901 attomizers and cartos without having to change little pieces/parts/adapters is a really really nice idea..) I chose the super 6 because of it's smaller size and it's design, and the 3 year warranty..

The xhaler appears to be nice, though often at the center of much controversy (ie..whether or not the endcap works as suggested...or whether or not it's a direct knock off of the gg) but the users really seem to love it...

So... as far as my first "true" mod...I'm not counting the lazer mod or the eGo as a mod...those were the 2 that I was considering...I went the route of the super 6..it really comes down to personal preference though..

Good Info & Thank You... The SuperSix features I do really appreciate for me is the locking switch good for the stick in your pocket and go kind of person and that I am... The craftamanship is unmatched for sure... but at the same time the price reflects it... granted you get what you pay for and I understand that... I do already have the UltraFire 14500 batts I wonder if those work in the SuperSix??? Nevermind I did find thats its primary battery for 3.7volt operation so thats cool would need to get the other Batts for 6v or Higher operation...

Last edited:

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
OK OK OK I have read up n down and sideways...

This is what I want... I want to run with 5v on a 510 cause of course Im a 510 guy and I am very drawn to Mechanical Mods no wires no regulators no bull so to speak...

So far the 2 Mods I have found that seem the most apealing are the Xhaler & SuperSix both of which to my understanding are mechanical MODS...

Am I Missing any other Mechanical Mods I may want to look at to compare???

Any advice from someone who might actually own and use both of these units and is partial to 510 Atty's???

I know well at least I think the SuperSix is a 6v Mod but was thinking of using a HV Atty to trim it down a bit to gain 5v or close to it...

Any knowledge of these units or any other machanical style MOD would be wonderful...
Just keep in mind the only way to get a a true 5V is with a regulator, preferably TI. First puff, middle puff, last puff always 5V. There is something (a big something) to be said about a totally consistent vaping experience. Alternatives like resistored switches (voltage always dropping with every puff) and HV atties simply do not compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread