• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Self Defence Trainning

Status
Not open for further replies.

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
Any one here have a routine work out for any kind of Martial Arts Styles. Do you have some sort of Self Defence Technics for a fight, it may be.. MMA, MA, Karate, Wing CHun, Judo etc?

Just wondering..
My technique for fights, is to stay away from them lol. I'm getting to old for that stuff. But here's a sure fire way to get a first lick in(maybe). If someone gets in your face(or better yet, on their way to get in your face, forward momentum will add to the impact), and you know something is going to happen, headbutt the holy hell out of them. If they are taller than you, it will work out great(if shorter, this may not work out great, never headbutt forehead to forehead, it hurts both of you, and that area is harder than hell). Forehead to nose, or jaw will make a good impact. You need to put your whole body into it though. Don't just rear your head back and give them a whack. Step into it. It hurts, trust me lol. It may not drop them, but it "should" give you time to follow up, or get the hell outta dodge. Nothing wrong with living to fight another day!

Disclaimer: Uba Egar is not responsible for said technique causing serious bodily damage, medical bills that may follow, jail time, or an asswhipin that may follow said technique not working out the way the headbutter planed it.

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
My technique for fights, is to stay away from them lol. I'm getting to old for that stuff. But here's a sure fire way to get a first lick in(maybe). If someone gets in your face(or better yet, on their way to get in your face, forward momentum will add to the impact), and you know something is going to happen, headbutt the holy hell out of them. If they are taller than you, it will work out great(if shorter, this may not work out great, never headbutt forehead to forehead, it hurts both of you, and that area is harder than hell). Forehead to nose, or jaw will make a good impact. You need to put your whole body into it though. Don't just rear your head back and give them a whack. Step into it. It hurts, trust me lol. It may not drop them, but it "should" give you time to follow up, or get the hell outta dodge. Nothing wrong with living to fight another day!

Disclaimer: Uba Egar is not responsible for said technique causing serious bodily damage, medical bills that may follow, jail time, or an asswhipin that may follow said technique not working out the way the headbutter planed it.

:lol::lol::lol:

To the OP.....not me.

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
I've been fortunate enough to attend various unarmed and armed training sessions at Front Sight (I have not had the pleasure of attending Thunder Ranch). It's my opinion that the practice and practical advice I got at Front Sight was very valuable in every aspect of Self Defense. Martial Arts does not equate singularly to Self Defense so I can't provide any insight to the lifestyle, health, fitness, etc. of formal full-fledged Martial Arts training. -Magnus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread