I'm done with nicotine!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pangoo

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2008
NYC
Smoked tobacco cigarettes for 20 years. Got my first 901 e-cig & low-nicotine liquid sometime around October 15th of 2008 and have not touched a real cigarette since. Couple weeks after my first 901, I moved on to Trog's screwdriver - great vaping device!!!

After about 6 months of using e-cigs exclusively, I finally quit vaping altogether on April 2nd of 2009. I've sold all my 901s, the screwdriver, and all accessories to a friend who has also smoked for decades and is tired of paying $10 for a pack of cigarettes here in NYC.

I sometimes (mostly when seeing someone smoke on the streets, or on TV, or after a meal) get a tiny little craving for a cigarette, but I think it's mostly a nostalgic thing - never strong enough a physical need that I even
consider buying a pack (or getting a new e-cig). I don't have any sort of
withdrawal symptoms or other uncomfortable sensations.

So, it's only been 21 days so far, but I am pretty sure that I've kicked the nicotine habit for good. It feels so good to have quit such a nasty addiction, I think that fact in itself will be enough motivation for me to keep me away from cigarettes for the rest of my life. 20 years was more than enough!

Now it's time to back into shape and shed some of the many pounds I've gained over the last 5 years from lack of exercise. I'll be taking up Sambo (Russian martial arts system based mostly on Judo) classes starting next week, looking forward to that!

Good luck to all of you here who are also trying to quit!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread