Status
Not open for further replies.

hallucinoJEN

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2012
Richmond, VA USA
Martö;5674361 said:
:blink:

It goes from positive terminal to a pin on the switch, off the other switch pin to the center of the 510 connector. Basically in a line

+ terminal ---------Switch---------Center 510 connector

OK, I took my Bolt apart, and it looks like there was two separate wires, like you said the positive from the 510 to one of the pins on the switch, then another wire to the other switch pin to the positive batt connector. Of course, I could be wrong since after taking it apart, I saw that the entire switch was covered in hot glue! I ended up breaking one of the pins off of the switch trying to pry the button loose. :facepalm:

Algernon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2010
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
www.flickr.com
OK, I took my Bolt apart, and it looks like there was two separate wires, like you said the positive from the 510 to one of the pins on the switch, then another wire to the other switch pin to the positive batt connector. Of course, I could be wrong since after taking it apart, I saw that the entire switch was covered in hot glue! I ended up breaking one of the pins off of the switch trying to pry the button loose. :facepalm:

From my understanding, it's the same button madvapes calls the "horn style switch". Just get a new one, or you can try to surface mount your new wire to where the pin was.

hallucinoJEN

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2012
Richmond, VA USA
I ordered 2 horn style switches from madvapes. (an extra in case I screw up the button somehow) When I get it, I will take a look to see if I will need to cut two separate wires or if I can use 1 single wire to attach to the batt. It was shipped out today, so I should be getting it in at least two days. I've had pretty good experience with fast shipment from madvapes. :D

trpxcst

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2012
South Dakota
I ordered 2 horn style switches from madvapes. (an extra in case I screw up the button somehow) When I get it, I will take a look to see if I will need to cut two separate wires or if I can use 1 single wire to attach to the batt. It was shipped out today, so I should be getting it in at least two days. I've had pretty good experience with fast shipment from madvapes. :D

You'll need to use 2 separate pieces of wire, just like they had it. One from the batt pos. to the switch, then another from the switch to the 510 center. If you use 1 continuous piece of wire, it will bypass the switch, and the only way to turn it off will be to take the battery out.

Algernon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2010
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
www.flickr.com

You may also want to take a dremel and shape the sides of the button's housing to fit onto the curvature of the bolt, considering it is a round tube that you'll be mounting to.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hello, I was very interested in the Bolt, a few on this forum have liked it, and PBusardos gave a great review. I saw this thread and have to ask do they tend to have problems? I know for the price its not like one cant afford to replace it, but Id like to know that its reliable, or at least as reliable for any other products in this price range or compared to lifespan of a KGO. I would like to have a backup to the KGo and like the charge time and simplicity of the Bolt. Clean lines and a tank/ carto seems to fit just perfect on it. Thanks for any info.

cubfanthad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2010
Rock Island IL
Hello, I was very interested in the Bolt, a few on this forum have liked it, and PBusardos gave a great review. I saw this thread and have to ask do they tend to have problems? I know for the price its not like one cant afford to replace it, but Id like to know that its reliable, or at least as reliable for any other products in this price range or compared to lifespan of a KGO. I would like to have a backup to the KGo and like the charge time and simplicity of the Bolt. Clean lines and a tank/ carto seems to fit just perfect on it. Thanks for any info.

I can tell you I have had mine for 3 months, and while I have subscribed to this thread so I can fix it if it breaks, I have had no issues with it. In fact, I have found myself using it much more than I thought I would. The size, the way it fits my hand and the fact that it lasts me a full day continually draws me to it. I use it with a lil mama tank and it looks like Phil's in his review. Money well spent, for me anyway.

cubfanthad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2010
Rock Island IL
Nice to get a reply from a SUPERmember. It looks like a nice inexpensive little mod. Im getting veeerrry tempted.

Lol... Super Member... I'm just a guy who has waisted a lot of money on stuff that doesn't work. The Bolt, so far, works. If you get one get an extra battery.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

I have a Bolt from CCV that I happily vaped for about 4 months before it died. I'm sure the fact that I dropped it 4 times had nothing to do with its demise. Great little mod,loved the switch, it would vape forever with an 18650 and felt great in my hand. I still have it, it's gutted right now which is how I came upon this thread. I will be modding it pretty soon, upgrading the connector, switch and wiring.

criticaldistance

Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
gonna be rewiring mine in the next few days, just waiting on the new switch... i'm gonna be using the kick in mine, and per my calculations, even at 10 watts, it should never go above 3 amps... so is it safe to say that 24awg wire would be sufficient? i have a huge roll of it already and don't necessarily want to buy new stuff...

criticaldistance

Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
If you plan to run near 3a then I'd lean towards 20g. If you can stick to something in the 2.5ohm range @ 10 watts or less then 24g will probably do fine.

awesome, thanks for the advice... i doubt i will ever have it up to 10 watts, but i guess you never know... i generally wrap my coils at around 2ohm, but since i'm using a rebuildable i have the option of wrapping at higher resistance if necessary.

Mr_Phil

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Lubbock, Texas, United States
20-24 AWG will due fine. 24AWG is rated for 3.5amps and anything larger than 20AWG will be difficult to work with in tight space.

Dude, 29 Palms? Seriously? Heh I was there in 84-85, break to deploy, then 86-88. Small world. 3d LAV's (redesignated LAI, then LAR).

My right hand if fubar on motor control. Soldiering inside the tube is a beast for me. I think I shorted it. Re-doing it tonight.
Anyone know where to purchase a preassembled top portion?

Rader2146

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Waco, TX
Lol, yep...29 Palms......:tumble::tumble:

1st Tanks for the last 3 1/2 years now. Honestly, I really like it out here.

Make your wires long enough to do the soldering outside the tube. Solder the wires to the connector center post and battery contact. Assemble the connector and battery contact then feed the wires through the switch hole. Solder the wires to the switch, test continuity, and then tuck the wires inside. Hot glue/epoxy the switch in place. Press the white disk in place. Vape.

I have my bolt disassembled right now. Let me know if you need pics or anything else.

Semper Fi! :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread