Sense of taste returning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcandlish

Verified Member
Jun 5, 2013
Edmonton, AB
So I've been vaping almost a month, started off with tobacco flavoured ejuice and loved it, ordered a couple big bottles and now today I just cannot stand the taste of it, I feel like I'm going to throw up every time I try vaping. I had ordered a small bottle of vanilla to try but i finished it last night. Lesson learned, don't stock up on one flavour, somehow gotta make it through til Friday when my next order of ejuice should arrive. This vaping business definitely has a learning curve. :closedeyes:

jfrich

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Texas Hill Country
Don't know if this will help or not, but if I find a flavor heading south for me I try to add some menthol or peppermint just a few drops at a time. I have managed to vape some stuff I was gagging on until my next order arrived or steeping finished. Does not all ways work but it is worth a try.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
then there is the problem of it tastes great today but i cant stand it next week. your senses will recover over time and your choice of flavors may change drastically. so if you dont like it now keep it you may love it next month. but never stock up on one thing when starting out lol

wait till the sense of smell fully recovers heh....................

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
So I've been vaping almost a month, started off with tobacco flavoured ejuice and loved it, ordered a couple big bottles and now today I just cannot stand the taste of it, I feel like I'm going to throw up every time I try vaping. I had ordered a small bottle of vanilla to try but i finished it last night. Lesson learned, don't stock up on one flavour, somehow gotta make it through til Friday when my next order of ejuice should arrive. This vaping business definitely has a learning curve. :closedeyes:

Been there, done that. :)

Definitely early on, never order big batches of anything. Your taste is going to change!

At the same time, one thing I learned from the more experienced vapers here is never toss a juice. Put it away in a cool, dark place and let it steep. Weeks, even months later, it may be great. Ya never know. I have a little section of a cabinet now for "long term steepage" of stuff I thought I'd like but didn't or stuff that I liked before but then didn't. Already went through a weird "on again, off again" thing with one I ordered a couple of bottles of because at the time, I really liked it. Then stopped liking it. Then started liking it again.

No clue. But glad I set it aside instead of tossing it. It was one of the "boutique" ones. Not a cheap one.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I still have 20 bottles of juice from my first month...it doesn't matter if I had cinnamon, menthol, mint, whatever...it still taste bad. It's in my zombie apocalypse stash.

At one time I thought I would just add 5-10 drops to all my new bottles. Then I realized that would take about 40 years to use it up. Oh well, live and learn.

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yes it does. The important thing is that you have learned that. You'll need backups & backups for your backups with equipment and juice :)

EDIT: I can't stand tobacco flavors anymore. Smoked for 42 years, go figure.

mcandlish

Verified Member
Jun 5, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Don't know if this will help or not, but if I find a flavor heading south for me I try to add some menthol or peppermint just a few drops at a time. I have managed to vape some stuff I was gagging on until my next order arrived or steeping finished. Does not all ways work but it is worth a try.

This worked fab! I stopped at the grocery store after work and picked up some peppermint extract, thanks so much for the tip!!! :toast:

Paws

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Frozen tundra of Wyoming
I have noticed that my tastes changed over time, but I return to the flavors from time to time, I have a 10ml bottle of Roar Razmataz that I loved a month ago, hated it two weeks later, tried it again last night and I like it again. I do have some flavors that Im just about to dump out just for the bottle :D

DurrtyMethodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
New Mexico
after my first month of vaping i noticed that my sense of taste was returning... but it wasn't from vaping... it was with food. i really cant explain it but food just started tasting better lol. On a related note, i see there are some good ideas posted however i really cannot suggest anything as there is a vapeshop about a mile from my house who mixes their own e-liquid and guarantees the flavor... if u don't like it take it back and they tweak it... so .. i guess im spoiled lol .

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
My sense of taste returned for a while until I started to chain vape 22/7 a week. Now all of my juices tasted muted. :(

That's pretty common. They call it "vaper's tongue". It passes. I gave myself a bad, bad case of it when I ran into a juice I really, really liked. Chain vaped at too high a temp and too high a nic level. I think my taste buds passed out. :)

Practice not letting the warmest vapor hit your toungue dead on (you may notice, as I did after a while, photos of experienced vapers show their PVs at the side of their mouths... I discovered the hard way why that is :) ). And it's a good time to use liquids that you have that are "so so". Save the ones you really like for later when you get your taste back.

MxD0CxB

Jun 17, 2013
holy moley! thanks guys, i was wondering why i couldnt taste my favorite flavor any more after vaping it for a week or so straight. Switched to another flavor for a bit, re-positioned my tip placement, and after a couple days BAM!!!! Flavors are comin' back, even my favorite, Cran-Chi!!!!!!

thanks for the advice my vaping brothers and sisters :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread