seriously ......carto/ tank help

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
my cartos are flooding, which is my fault. but i'm getting burnt hits on flooded cartos? what is the deal.

I pop a fresh carto in my cartomater tank, put in a ton of juice, a few drops at a time. then let it sit 5-10 mins. take a puff...bleeech burnt. so i add a few more drops and wait. same thing burnt hit. so i add a few more drops and wait...another burnt hit and now the carto is flooded. so i blow it out and start over....

what the heck is going on ?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Everyone has their own favorite method fo filling cartos, as my friend Ocelot has said. My preference is to fill from the top, after first putting a wood toothpick in the center air hole to keep out juice. I then do the "drip and shake" method, as described in the first part of the article I wrote on cartotank setup:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3710-5-cartomizer-tank-setup.html
___

My guess is you didn't fill the carto adequately the first time. Once you burn the polyfill or the sleeve the heating coil is in you will NEVER get that BURNT taste out...no matter how much more juice you add after that. Consider the carto ruined and start from scratch with a new one.

disected-cartomizer -2.jpg disected-cartomizer-2.jpg

Are you using single coil or dual coil cartos? To me, dual coil carts always ended up tasting burnt at some point. I suspect its because the top coil ends up burning the wrapping around it or the polyfill as the juice gets sucked down to the bottom of the cartomizer.

Cartomizer Anatomy.jpg

What ohm, or resistance, cartomizer are you using? And at what voltage (single or variable voltage battery device)?

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    my cartos are flooding, which is my fault. but i'm getting burnt hits on flooded cartos? what is the deal.

I pop a fresh carto in my cartomater tank, put in a ton of juice, a few drops at a time. then let it sit 5-10 mins. take a puff...bleeech burnt. so i add a few more drops and wait. same thing burnt hit. so i add a few more drops and wait...another burnt hit and now the carto is flooded. so i blow it out and start over....

what the heck is going on ?

I've had that same thing happen to me. Was only with a certain Brand. Switched brands- fixed problem.

orson

ECF Veteran
    Feb 8, 2012
    United States of America
    Some carto fillers just don't seem to want to pull the juice down like others do.

I like to do a "drip and blow" method.

Drip around the edge then force some air through to push the juice down into the filler, repeat until you get a little bit of juice spritzing out the bottom air hole.

Only downside is that you sometimes get some juice on your lips if you aren't careful.

ihsjepsen

Dec 27, 2012
    SE Michigan
    I am sure that all of the methods listed above work for their users. I used to have lots of problems with Boge cartos until I started using this method to pre-clean and prime them:

1) Rinse in Hot water and blow them out into a paper towel
    2) Rinse in a tupperware container filled with cheap vodka and blow out into a paper towel
    3) Install in tank, fill tank and prime buy taking 4 or 5 five seconds "draws" without firing the carto. You should see air bubbles rising in the tank from the holes in the carto.
    4) Vape away

Works for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread