Serpent Elevate RTA - Wotofo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Serpent Elevate rta from Wotofo. The Serpent Elevate rta was supplied for the purpose of this review by Antonio from Wotofo.

Wotofo Serpent Elevate RTA - Excellent rebuildable vaping devices, RDAs, RTAs from Wotofo

Introduction

Wotofo have had a really busy few months releasing some great products that have impressed many vapers. The Serpent Elevate is their latest RTA and another collaboration with Suck my mod following the success of the Serpent SMM. The Elevate isn't an upgrade but an entirely new RTA so Wotofo must have confidence in it allowing the Serpent name to be attached as they wouldn't want that brand name tarnishing. The Elevate has a top to bottom airflow design bringing the leak-free benefits that comes with that design, a postless easy build single coil deck and comes with a break-proof spare bubble tube that gives the Serpent Elevate a capacity of 4.5ml. The TPD version comes with both the pre-installed 2ml break-proof tube as well as a spare. Top airflow RTA's are my favourite type of tank so with pleasure i'll crack on!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

1pc Serpent Elevate RTA (standard edition 3.5ml glass tube, TPD edition 2ml PC tube)
1pc Coil Trimming Tool
1pc Extra Drip Tip
1pc 510 Drip Tip Adaptor
1pc Bubble Tube (PC)
1pc User Manual
1bag Clapton Coil
1bag 3mm Agleted Cotton Strip
1bag Extra O-rings & Screws

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics

The Serpent Elevate RTA came in the usual Wotofo Green cardboard box packaging with viewing window so i could see the colour i had received before opening. I received the Rainbow version, it's also available in Black, Blue, Gunmetal, Gold, and Stainless Steel, all versions come pre-installed with a frosted, tinted 810 drip tip but you also get a resin 810 included in a colour that suits the colour of choice. All the finishes are matte and have what looks like a sand blasted finish which suits the rainbow version i received very well. The top-cap is smooth as is the narrow base, the top surface of the top-cap slants upwards to meet the 810. The airflow control ring has dual cyclops and has snakeskin design texturing that looks really good with the sand blasted finish. The air chamber has the serpent logo one side and the SMM logo the other, both etched into the metal. The base of the RTA has etched branding and safety stamps and the Gold plated 510 is hybrid safe. The build quality is very good with all threading, machining and tolerances spot on.

Serpent Elevate RTA Specs and Features:

Diameter: 24mm
Threading: 510 thread
E-liquid Capacity: 2ml
Filling Method: Top filling
Airflow Type: Adjustable top airflow
Insulator Material: German PEEK
Thread: 510
Colours: Black, Rainbow, Blue, Gunmetal, Gold, Stainless Steel

Included coil specs:

Framed Staple Clapton Coil
(28G+38G*9+28G)+36G N80
ID 3mm
0.33ohm (40W-55W)

Assembling and Disassembling

The Serpent Elevate is very typical in it's make up, i will start with the drip tip which is an 810 fitting and the Elevate comes pre-installed with a frosted, tinted 810, you also receive a Resin 810 and a 510 adaptor. The top-cap is smooth and has equally as smooth threading just 2 turns and it's on or off, the top surface of the top-cap slants upwards to meet the drip tip. The airflow control ring is dual cyclops with stopper and has snakeskin texturing, it's removable which helps with cleaning but once fitted moves with very nice resistance. The next section is the juice port section (with 2 generous ports) with attached double walled chamber. The base of the RTA includes the floating deck with airflow system, the PC or glass tube is secured top and bottom with o-rings, all tolerances are spot on. The Elevate separates into it's various parts and can be reassembled with ease, no dramas whatsoever.

Break-Proof PC Tube

The Elevate comes with a spare 4.5ml PC bubble tube and the TPD version comes also with a straight PC 2ml tube that is being advertised as being break-proof. I just want to point out this isn't my claim and in fact i'm far from convinced about the break-proof credentials and actually the PC bubble tube i received feels quite fragile. Also i received the standard version which came with a glass straight glass pre-installed but looking at the PC bubble tube i received i would imagine if the straight glass was frosted PC as it is with the TPD edition it wouldn't be too easy to see your juice level.

Spares

As ever with products from Wotofo they are generous in comparison to a lot of other manufacturers when it comes to what you get with the RTA. I didn't receive one but the retail version will include a coil guide tool, you also receive a screwdriver (a good one), Allen tool, Resin 810 drip tip, 510 adaptor, spare break-free tube, spare screws and o-rings as well as shoelace cotton and coils.

The Airflow

The airflow is controlled via the top dual cyclops making the Elevate a leak-free design but the air feeds down to give both side and bottom airflow. The air chamber is doubled walled in fact the inner wall is very small, domed and short just acting as a lid over the build area making it an incredibly reduced chamber. The air travels down the air chamber cavity and enters the deck on both sides. Where it enters the deck there is both an angled hole directing air to the side of the coil and a ramped slot that directs air below which comes out in a circular recess directly underneath the coil, this air will meet the air from the other side and come upwards giving full bottom coverage.

The Deck and Build

Another user friendly single build deck, it's a postless design with walls facing each other to accommodate both the airflow system and the hex screws to fasten your coil legs in position. Although a single build deck there are 4 terminals so it doesn't matter which way you place your legs just unscrew the 2 corresponding hex screws from the sides. Drop your legs down into the open terminals and tighten your screws while holding the coil in position, the position of the side walls act as a guide for perfect coil positioning and when cutting your legs to size using a coil guide you really can't go wrong. The deck is floating so the Serpent Elevate is wicked like a GTA, just dangle your cotton ends through the wicking channels without suffocating the flow, it really is a very simple build and wick.

My Experience Using The Serpent Elevate

Filling the tank was the only issue i had with this RTA, although the inner chamber is reduced the outer chamber is large leaving very little room between the chamber and the glass. The juice ports are generous and they are recessed down so you have a good sized rim around the tank when filling but you need it else it would be a very messy affair, i would imagine with the TPD 2ml PC tube being thicker which is what reduces capacity the problem would be worse. I ended up filling the tank with a needle nose bottle which solved the problem so if you were considering buying this RTA i would also get a needle nose bottle to transfer your e-juice into before filling. This is my cup of tea a mid wattage restricted lung hit single build RTA. The airflow is slightly more airy than the Serpent SMM but still a restricted hit so you need to bare that in mind but if that's your preference the Elevate gives great moist flavour and dense cloud. My build came out at 0.36ohm and i found it perfect at 40W and that's were this RTA will shine with that restriction between 25W and 55W, it get's through the juice that does need mentioning.

Conclusion

Needing to fill the Serpent Elevate RTA with a needle nose bottle so it's not a messy affair and finding i'm not going to use the larger capacity tube because i don't like the frosting are worth while cons for the dense moist flavour it gives. The build couldn't be easier and the airflow is very smooth but to enjoy this RTA to it's full you do need to prefer a restricted lung hit and not go crazy on the wattage.

Very good build quality
Threading, machining and tolerances spot on
Very nice matte finishes
Good colour choices
Resin and frosted, tinted 810
510 adaptor included
4.5ml Break-proof bubble tube (not convinced)
Cotton and coils included
Top-fill
Top to side and bottom airflow
Very reduced chamber
Restricted lung hit (perfect for me)
Leak-free
Very easy build and wick
Very good moist flavour and dense cloud

Cons

Really need to use needle nose bottle to fill mess free
PC tube can't see juice too well
PC tube despite break-proof claim seem fragile
Need to be a restricted lung hit vaper to get the most out of this (not a con of course if that's how you vape)
Thirsty

I would once again like to thank Antonio from Wotofo for supplying the Serpent Elevate RTA for the purpose of this review.

Wotofo Serpent Elevate RTA - Excellent rebuildable vaping devices, RDAs, RTAs from Wotofo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread