Serpent mini reading no resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
mods, move this if its in the wrong forum...I have an istick Pico with a serpent mini rta and everytime I build on it it keeps giving me a no atomizer message when I fire it. not all the time. When I fool around with the coil it will eventually read it at 0.6 or 0.7 ohms and fire for a day or so, but eventually it will read no atomizer again and sometimes it just randomly starts reading or not reading that theres an atty on it. It also has happened with every build i've done on it. Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

lopenator

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
New York
Mods, move this if its in the wrong forum...I have an Istick Pico with a serpent mini RTA and everytime I build on it it keeps giving me a no atomizer message when I fire it. not all the time. When I fool around with the coil it will eventually read it at 0.6 or 0.7 ohms and fire for a day or so, but eventually it will read no atomizer again and sometimes it just randomly starts reading or not reading that theres an atty on it. It also has happened with every build i've done on it. Any thoughts as to why this is happening?
Have you cleaned your connection post? Use a qtip with alcohol.

Use another atty to see if the device is firing that one to narrow it down to your serpent.

Maybe your build is faulty and needs to be tightened down. Have you tried re building it? It might be shorting.

Also I understand the serpent mini has a small build deck. Make sure the leads of the coil are not touching the chimney that goes around the coils. That is a common issue with the serpent mini. You need to clip them real real close to the posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: RainSong

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
You have a short or a bad connection somewhere.

Just make sure that your wire is screwed tight in the post but not over-tightened as you might be snapping the wire without noticing.

Build your deck but don't put the bell/tank on it, and test to see if your mod is registering it first.

If it's all good and THEN once you put the bell /tank on it starts acting funny, then your coils are touching the sides, you need to adjust or use smaller coils.

Make sure that the screw pin (positive) is screwed in right under the tank: (gold coloured here)
4613300-10.jpg

Bang4dabuck

Nov 6, 2016
Try loosening the battery cap a little.

Sometimes after your build when putting it back together, you know when it not a nice easy clean twist on tank to deck, you have pushed the coil and it is making contact probably with the 510 somewhere. I go thru this stuff often, I have the exact same set up. After your build, before you put the tank on fire up the coil. If it works then but as soon as you put the tank on it is what I said. Coil can't be touching the 510 or it will short. Remember when screwing the tank back on it should be NICE AND EASY and if it's not you either aren't lining the tank up right or you got the little coil nubs protruding too much and it doesn't take much I tell you.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Just a side note.. I have the Conqueror (the Serpent's big brother) and one issue I do have with it is that the 510 pin is probably the longest I have on any of my tanks. On my mods, this caused it to wobble a bit as it was floating a bit as I couldn't screw it in all the way.

What I did is use some wide plumber's rubber sealing tape and made a "washer/gasket" that I put under the tank (with hole in the middle for the pin). Worked perfectly, the tank now sits flush on my mod.

So like Bang4ddabuck is saying here, might be that the pin is too long for your mod and causing issues... just another possibility.

Reactions: vapdivrr

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
Are you sure you're properly trapping the wire? That build deck is a little tough if you're building simple coils under 26G. I found it a struggle with 28G to get the legs caught without just sitting under the screw, rather than properly "pinned down" by the screw.
I think this is the issue, when I moved the coil around to get it to read again I could see the wire shifting under the screw. Guess I have to use a thicker gauge wire with this. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread