Setting a preciedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

here_miah

Nov 15, 2013
Vancouver
I would like very much to see the word "smoking" removed from all the forums here and vaping used in it's place (eg. General vaping Discussion vs General E-Smoking Discussion), unless it is referring to a past behavior. There is a great community here, and we are mostly all former smokers- we also have a stigma that we are attempting to overcome here... I think that if we can remove the "smoking" from the forum titles and headings of the forums, it would make this community look a little less like smokers that are getting away with smoking where they shouldn't be and more like what we are- people that have found a way to overcome an addiction and have taken up a new lifestyle that is healthier than smoking traditional tobacco cigarettes to the nth degree. just my :2c:.

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
https://www.google.com/search?q=smoking+name+site:e-cigarette-forum.com

This one comes up approximately every second week ;)

Consensus seems to be: they're called e-cigarettes, and there's nowt we can do about that (even if we ought to if we were able, which is far from certain). What we're doing is an analogue of smoking, and many people call it e-smoking.

Last edited:

capnbang

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Alabama
I've heard quite a few people complaining about calling vaping smoking or "don't call it a ecig call it a pv". I mean cmon vaping has a stigma to. Alot of people associate vaping with [moderated]. I'm not worried about any stigmas or what people think I'm gettn away with.
As long as it's healthier than smoking a real cigarette I'm good with it whatever you call it.

Last edited by a moderator:

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Riverside, California, USA
I'll just leave this here.
images

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I know you mean well here miah, but do you see the absurdity of someone with 12 posts coming onto a forum filled with well over 11 million posts and asking for the whole shebang to be edited to their satisfaction?

One of the main reasons that keeps popping up for retaining this forum’s name is so that newbies searching for information on ecigarettes can actually find ECF. Welcome to ECF and I hope you learn to live with it like the majority of us have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread