Settings for Herakles Plus nickel coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrahmNoMore

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
hey everyone, I realize this is a subjective question, but I hope you can help me out. I'm trying to run the Herakles Plus nickel coils on my dna 200 and every setting I hit temp protect! The only setting I've found that works is 600 F at 60 watts. And that is great flavor, but do any of you have maybe a lower one that's a good vape for you??

Mikera67

Jul 2, 2015
With temp control, you want the device to hit the desired temp you set, all temp protect means is it reached that limit, it's a good thing. I'd find a temp you like, keep backing off the watts until you don't see that message, then go up a few watts. Check your preheat temp in the software. Run the device monitor , watch the temp graph and change settings to get the temp at the set value, let the mod do it's magic

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Reactions: StrahmNoMore

StrahmNoMore

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
Thanks man, that's helpful! Now pardon I've got some idiot noob questions. If I take down the pre-heat temp, that'd make it less likely to hit temp protect so quick wouldn't it? Then, what did you mean by change the graph settings to get the temp at the set value? Sorry I backed off Escribe for a few months until I got this Reulaeux yesterday.

Mikera67

Jul 2, 2015
Hook up to escribe, hit the device monitor tab up top center, on the left select I believe is set temp and current temp. Take a few hits while watching, you want the temp to quickly hit your temp limit and stay there, that's why temp control is so cool. Preheat should be a high number in most cases, I like between 150-200watts to get the coil up to temp fast then after a second it uses the wattage you set until it reaches the limit, then it will scale back to maintain that temp. The software is amazing to watch and fine tune your tank.

If you set say 480f, you want it at that temp the whole time, temp protect is not bad, just a tool showing you it made it to that temp

Reactions: StrahmNoMore

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
hmmmm; on my mod "temperature protection" is when the chip gets too hot so it stops firing and says 'temperature protection' on the screen.

in normal temperature control mode, it starts at 30watts, the temperature goes up; when the temperature reaches the value I set, the wattage goes down and fluctuates while the temperature remains the same.

Mikera67

Jul 2, 2015
0f2b4342d35ebd39ca297875b5cb16b5.jpg

Temperature protected is when the coil hits the desired temp, sounds like you're getting the too hot message.

I changed my temp protect to Ohio state as you can see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread