Setup Upgrade: From Pod system to Rebuildable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Kaneki

Mar 28, 2019
Hello ECF,

Firstly I want to thank you for helping me with my previous questions, the forum is really helpful. I have been vaping since February now on Aspire Spryte AIO and I'm looking to Upgrade to a mod and a rebuildable tank or dripper. Any reccomendation, All I need is a MTL rda / RTA that has great flavor and a mod that is compact but delivers enough power. What I'm considering now is the OBS Cube mod and the Galaxies RTA, I've read that this RTA provides the best flavor and the OBS cube would be enough to power it, I want to hear your opinions on those.

Thank you

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
The OBS cube mod is good, however it's an internal battery mod. You may prefer an external battery mod in your stash as well since when the battery goes in an internal mod so does the mod..

It's your choice though, the cube is a good small mod.

Dimensions - 81.5mm by 30.6mm by 30.6mm on your cube. You can use that to compare to other mods too..

The Galaxies RTA is a good choice. So would the coppervape hussar project x, the Hastur, the Kayfun prime or the berserker.

ETA: I edited since your not in the U.S. lol.. sorry.

Last edited:

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    The Cube is a great little mod which is an internal battery mod and there's also the Cube X which you can remove the battery and charge it(better option I think)
    Another Fantastic option would be the Asmodus Tribeaut which has a single removable 18650 battery.
    An Awesome tank for flavour is the Vapefly Galaxies RDTA;)
    The Galaxies RTA is also good and I can vouch for the Project X.
    Good Luck with the search:D

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    The Cube is a great little mod which is an internal battery mod and there's also the Cube X which you can remove the battery and charge it(better option I think)
    Another Fantastic option would be the Asmodus Tribeaut which has a single removable 18650 battery.
    An Awesome tank for flavour is the Vapefly Galaxies RDTA;)
    The Galaxies RTA is also good and I can vouch for the Project X.
    Good Luck with the search:D

Do you have a Tribeaut? I’m interested in those. Would like to know what you think of it.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Thanks guys, I'm also considering the Vapor Storm Puma mod, what do you think about this one?

that's not a brand I'm familiar with or have heard anything about so I can't be helpful with that one..

Perhaps someone else can chime in.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    I highly recommend, as far as a power device goes, the geekvape aegis Solo. Compact, light, 100w mod that can take a beating, can be dunked in water, and looks pretty good too. Very affordable at around $35 +/- USD
    I've also heard good things about the Coppervape Hussar project X, that's why I ordered 2 of them from fasttech. Another good one is the SXK doggiestyle or SMJY doggiestyle.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Hello @Ken Kaneki, I'd definitely recommend the Coppervape Hussar Project X as a starter RTA due to the ease of use. Never tried the MTL version though, but airflow is more restricted on it as it uses airflow blocks that can be changed or replaced.

If you have a battery charger that can charge 21700 cells, the Vandy Vape Jackaroo may be of interest. It's another ruggedised mod, similar to Geekvape Aegis mods.

Drippers or RDA's can be used with any mod, but if it's not a Squonk mod you'll need to Drip your liquid into them.

And Squonk mods are many, but what size and weight is best for you? Just don't look at Vicious Ant ones, you'll need to win the lottery first or rob a bank.

And if you want to ask more questions, please feel free to do so. As this picture sums it all up.
    too-many-choices-not-sure-where-to-start_large.jpg

Reactions: lupinehorror

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    The Hussar IS really adaptable and not supremely hard to build on and you get lots of choices. It would not be a bad start.

If you want the easiest setup in the world and like, you really are more MTL ish my recommendation would be the Siren V2, especially if you don't mind a bit of air, it's one of the easiest to set up MTL atomizers out there with GREAT flavor (provided you wash it thoroughly first it seems to come liberally coated in machine oil for some reason.) A velocity style deck is just a total win in my book and there are no "insert" this to "cover this airhole."

I have many, but I will say they can be closed down but aren't SUPER restricted. Also a kind of love or hate thing.

The other ting I guess you could go for that is easy to deal with but like, not expensive and great flavor (and different manufacturers of it have different air options) would be a doggy style. That would have to be a clone from FT or wherever. The options are a bit dizzying so you might want to go to the experts on that thread an ask which one to get.

Just some thoughts, IDK. But my answer is a 100 PERCENT YES! Go to a rebuildable! Also, you may not find your nirvana out of your gate and there is a learning curve (I am glad I started with clones, it allowed me to fail, cheaply, until I figured out how to set one up and then I could go backwards and actually use some I had like, retired in disgust.) I mean.... It's a magical moment the time you set up your first RTA and it doesn't leak. I have a fine motor tremor though, so I suck at building really and well, you'll be fine.. I'm just saying your first may not be "the one."

Also could try some different wicking materials (RAYON, hehe) before buying a bunch of any one thing. Rayon is easier for me than cotton ever was.
    Good luck,l

Anna

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @Ken Kaneki, never had the opportunity to try one out. But I'm sure someone can give you an opinion.

But I do know that Cuthlhu Mods 1928 MTL RDA gets mentioned quite a lot due to the airflow under the coil, which is one of the main things to look for when you want to get the most flavour.

I do have a Vapefly Holic MTL RDA at one side that I've got to get round to, that has airflow under and to the sides of the coil. You can also adjust the side airflow, but I've yet to find a way to completely dismantle it for maintenance and cleaning.

Reactions: stols001

ruet

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2011
    GR, MI
    As for mods, the Vaporesso Swag is fantastic. It's the smallest regulated 18650 mod I've been able to find, and by far the lightest.

I bought one to test out as it was only $38. I'm now in the process of replacing all of my aging iStick Pico's with them. My only grip about them is the teeny, tiny, +/- rocker button. As far as tanks go... Back in the day I would have recommended at Kanger Subtank mini. These days I have no idea what's good.

Reactions: stols001

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Hey guys, so I'm getting the Galaxies MTL RDA, it was in your recommendations (only one of them I could find here :D) I've googled it and it has great reviews. I was wondering since I'm new to rebuildables which build would give me the best flavor on this RDA?

Great Choice;)
    I'd suggest you pop over to Rebuildable Atomizier section and check out the Coil Build, Wick/Wire and RDA threads and have a really good look around. Also do a search on the Galaxies RDA, you may come up with a post or two.
    I've been using the Galaxies RDTA for a while now and my preferred wire for taste is MTL Clapton 30*2/38 gauge Ni80;)
    You will get some 26 gauge wire with the tank which is also very good. Enjoy:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread