Share your DNA Themes

Status
Not open for further replies.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
I looked and didn't see a thread for this.. Feel free to share the theme you are using on your dna mod... Also add in a shot of the theme in action!

I have 4 dna's at the moment but only 2 offer the ability to add themes.

Themes can be found here for those who do not know:

Downloads - Evolv DNA Forum

You can also make your own using theme builder but I am lazy and choose pre-made ones.

At the moment, I am using this theme on the 2 DNA's that offer themes.

Gauges - Major update 2.0.0

Gauges 2.0 and I have it set to Classic UI mode.

n9-4z-IMc-QVGRIBBk-SP0p3-A.jpg

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I have many 75c and 250c mods.

I use eScribe and Theme Designer at Pro level.

Think, to make a theme from scratch is not a trivial task. It requires an inordinate amount of planning, all the secondary screens, all the icons, the font sizing, the various toggle conditions, and Replay has added a new universe of complications.

Therefore, I mostly modify some already made themes, based on my needs and aestetical preferences.

Brandon said that themes which uses a lot of computing power (real time screen updates, mostly) can impair the operation of the mod, i. e. the infamous "Temp protected" error.

I would like to see the 75c and 250c platforms with options for additional RAM/ROM and faster clock frequency, because they limit the powerful ARM processor on board; but Evolv has to strike a balance for the costs.

I wouldn't mind paying extra money for a special edition board, able to accept multiple themes, theme switching, and more complex themes. But not everybody is a diehard vape hobbyist.

As things stand, an external SD card could memorise many themes, so an user can switch them on-the-fly.

Enjoy your DNAc mods, they are truly great.

My 2 cents here.

Reactions: Eskie

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
I have many 75c and 250c mods.

I use eScribe and Theme Designer at Pro level.

Therefore, I mostly modify some already made themes, based on my needs and aestetical preferences.

Care to share any of your themes>? I check often for new ones or updates as it fun to add new ones from time to time...

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I'm actually using Frank theme, after correcting the errors the theme has on the power steps.

I am also trying to add replay to djslb theme, which is very neat. Stepladder made one, but Replay is on a separate page, and the color toggle he added is a memory hog the way he created it, so I don't use it.

Are you on the Evolv forum? There is a lot of sharing there.

As I said, at the moment I don't have any completed theme of mine, but I'll be happy to share it - should I be able to finish it.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Are you on the Evolv forum? There is a lot of sharing there.

Yes but I made this thread because some may not want to go there and join up... Figured we can post the themes we use here, with an image of it in use and maybe a link to it. If someone likes it, they know where to find it...

• Agree
Reactions: Fidola13

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Here it is

View attachment 783811 I had to use medium fonts for the power because the display overflows with his fonts when I add the tenths of Watt, so I must still find some fonts two points smaller.
Even simple modifications take time...

I use and like that theme a lot. For my particular use there was minimal editing required. Of course one of the great features is that you can customize as much as you like up to the hardware's limitation. Memory expansion would he nice if there's sufficient room. Not sure how I feel about an SD card on the mod though.

Reactions: raqball

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Here is an example of my main screen, It is a variation of the one created by DJLsb. For some reason the blue looks more purple in the screenshot but it is blue on the device. Also since this was taken I have rearranged it a bit. Now I have moved the Info and Puff Counter to the settings screen, I moved the Battery icon and % to where the Info and Puff Counter were, and put a clock at the top middle where the Battery info was. The other screens are pretty much how DJLsb designed them. It is probably a bit busy if you don't use TC, but it is just the right amount of info if you do.

I have not modified it for Replay yet since I use TC only.

75CMainScreen.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread