Sharing my recent experience with Angelcigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to preface this by saying that I know there is a thread about Angelcigs. But, I can't yet post in that thread.

I wanted to share my recent experience with Angelcigs since it seems to be a rare thing these days that you actually get good customer service. I apologize in advance that it's a long winded post. However, I think it's important to share the good things about a person or company since we usually only see the bad.

I was given a Maraxus clone as a gift a little while back and barely 2 months into using it, catastrophic failure. It somehow stuck on and without knowing it was firing, I left it doing so for about 20 - 30 minutes. Needless to say, the battery was shot, the atomizer was fried, the springs were annealed and the plastic/delrin parts were a little melted. I no longer had a working Maraxus.

I wasn't sure what to do since I wasn't exactly sure where the mod was purchased. My g/f at the time purchased it and since we parted on less than amicable terms, she wasn't helping me at all. I started doing some research online and it seemed like most of the Maraxus clones had different part configurations than what I had. I finally found one place that the parts looked to be the same as the parts that came in my clone. It was Angelcigs. Since all I really needed to fix the mod was a couple springs and 3 plastic pieces, I emailed their customer support and explained the situation. I asked if they had parts available for sale.

Within 24 hours, Doris, one of the support reps, replied and asked if I would provide pictures of the damage and said that if I could provide video, that would be even better. It struck me as odd that I was asking about parts and Doris didn't respond to that question. As video wasn't really an option for me, I took plenty of pics of the damaged parts, posted them on my own site and then replied to Doris with the link to the pics. She again replied within 24 hours and offered to refund the cost of the Maraxus or send me a new one. She also asked for the order number.

Here's where things got frustrating. I of course didn't have an order number because I didn't purchase the mod myself and the person that did purchase it was not being cooperative. I replied to Doris, letting her know that I would prefer the new mod and also explained the situation behind not having an order number. I again asked about the availability of parts for purchase. I was assuming it would just be easier and cheaper to purchase some parts than it would be to get my hopes up for a new mod.

Doris replied right on time, apologized for the circumstances and asked for the ex g/f's name to see if she could locate an order. She still did not answer my questions about parts. I gave her the information she requested and wished her luck. I yet again asked about the parts and asked why it seemed like she was avoiding the question. When she replied the next night, she said that she had been unable to locate an order. She finally replied to my parts question, indicating that they have no parts stock in the US warehouse. She then apologized, letting me know that there was nothing that she would be able to do if I did not have an order number.

At this point, I figured I was just out of luck and was going to be without a mech mod for a while, until I could save up some more money to get a new one. I gave the ex g/f another try and she finally told me where she purchased the Maraxus. She had not purchased it directly from Angelcigs, but from a shop an hour away. So, I contacted the shop with the hopes that they had ordered from Angelcigs and maybe I could get an order number from them. No such luck. They order their inventory from "Some guy" in St. Louis who orders his stuff from who knows where.

I wrote back to Doris and vented a little out of frustration. I did so with an explanation that I wasn't mad at her and that I wasn't blaming Angelcigs for what had happened. I tried to tell her that I was starting to see that the lesson in all of this might be that should you want an Angelcigs product, don't let someone else buy it for you. Buy it yourself so that you had an order number. it came out as "I'm starting to feel like the moral here is to not let anyone buy you a product from Angelcigs." As you can imagine, she misunderstood that as a threat that I was not going to let anyone buy anything from Angelcigs. She replied, telling me that my threat would not work and advised me that since the item had not bee purchased from Angelcigs, they weren't technically responsible for the problem. She referred me to the shop and said that they should be able to help. But she did add, that if the shop didn't solve my problem, then Angelcigs would try to do something.

Well, I felt a little silly for the way I worded my frustration email. I figured that I had just screwed up any chance I might have had to have a working Maraxus. I called the shop that sold the mod and gave them the rundown. I should have known... It was becoming clear that it was just not in the cards for me to find a way to fix the Maraxus or get the replacement that Angelcigs offered. The shop's policy is the typical 30 days from date of purchase (with a receipt) and they would swap it out. It was well over 30 days and I of course didn't have a receipt anyways. So, no luck there.

I wrote back to Doris and explained that she had misunderstood what I wrote in my previous email. I apologized and told her that I hadn't meant to make a threat, only an observation. I told her that I had spoken to the shop and although they were sorry, they would not help due to their return/replacement policy. I wrote that I felt like I was out of options and had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that there was nothing else for me to do. At this point, I threw myself at their mercy. They were my only hope for coming out of this with a working Maraxus and I asked them to make an exception to their need for an order number just this once.

The next night, I didn't receive a reply from Doris. I figured I had ...... her off and blew any chance I had. Then I remembered that it was the weekend already. Then, Monday night and still no response. Ahh, they have a 3 day holiday weekend. So I check my email this morning and sure enough, Doris responded. Her boss told her that they could go ahead and send me a replacement Maraxus! I can't wait to have a working Maraxus again. Woohoo! I'm looking forward to seeing Doris' email in the morning.

I had seen some mixed feelings about Angelcigs and wasn't sure what my experience would be. But, I think Doris is an amazing representative for Angelcigs. Even when she thought I had made a threat, she still offered to help. I will most definitely be purchasing from Angelcigs (and making sure I keep my order numbers).

If you're reading this Doris, Thank you! I think you're patience and understanding is an valuable asset to Angelcigs.

You lucked out big time OP! As the Maraxus didn't come from Angelcigs, they weren't even really obligated to talk to you! Amazing that they did that for you. I hope you spread the story far and wide for them and drum up some more business for them. They did you a great favor!

Had a really bad experience with them. Ordered a nemesis clone and two kayfun 12 days back. They didn't send me any mail regarding my order. When I asked them they told me to wait patiently. Only after sending them a mail from their website they provided me with a fake tracking number which never got updated. They kept on b'sh****ng me till yesterday. Yesterday they told me that the postman has missed the order and now the items I ordered are out of stock. They offered me to refund the payment and no communication from their side since and no refunds. Please tread with caution with these schmucks. I am highly disappointed and would not recommend this site to anyone. I got fooled by their paid reviews and have lost $80. I have open a dispute with Paypal and will see it to the end. I am also going to write a full review with a snapshot of their mails. If you like to buy whatever stuff they have please order it from fasttech.com. Good customer reps, prompt replies and yes the shipping is a little slow but hey! atleast they are not trying to rip you off.

mistike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Had a really bad experience with them. Ordered a nemesis clone and two kayfun 12 days back. They didn't send me any mail regarding my order. When I asked them they told me to wait patiently. Only after sending them a mail from their website they provided me with a fake tracking number which never got updated. They kept on b'sh****ng me till yesterday. Yesterday they told me that the postman has missed the order and now the items I ordered are out of stock. They offered me to refund the payment and no communication from their side since and no refunds. Please tread with caution with these schmucks. I am highly disappointed and would not recommend this site to anyone. I got fooled by their paid reviews and have lost $80. I have open a dispute with Paypal and will see it to the end. I am also going to write a full review with a snapshot of their mails. If you like to buy whatever stuff they have please order it from fasttech.com. Good customer reps, prompt replies and yes the shipping is a little slow but hey! atleast they are not trying to rip you off.

One wrong doesn't make it all wrong either. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, that should never happen. They screwed up.

I bought a KF nano with them and had no problems. Maybe I lucked out, maybe you didn't. Hope you get your refund soon.

One wrong doesn't make it all wrong either. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, that should never happen. They screwed up.

I bought a KF nano with them and had no problems. Maybe I lucked out, maybe you didn't. Hope you get your refund soon.

I hope the same mistike. Had no problem till now whatsoever with chinese vendors ever. This is the first time and I am furious because there's been no communication from their side. I am from India and getting good vaping gear is next to impossible here so we are fully dependent on chinese vendors. I heard good things about them too (from their US customers only) that's why I placed my order with them but I believe they are consciously ignoring this part of the world. Anyways, that's my two cents, maybe I am wrong. I wish they prove me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread