Shinyitis

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashes to batteries

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2015
Lol, I'm still a very new vaper and when I first found this board I was flabbergasted. Why do people own so many mods, what's the point? Then today happens.

I pick up some cotton and wire, and ooh! What about a second battery? And sure I have a ton of ejuice, but why not more? Then I'm drooling over tanks and mods and patiently explaining to the man why I NEED more and had to forcibly walk away. But I am pretty sure next month will see the start to a collection.

Oops. Shinyitis. It's real and can strike at any time.

How many doodads do you own and actively use?

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I have a lot of juice. Vape heaven achieved.
FRMqNaN.jpg

TeamSwish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Detroit
Lordy. I just have two mods and I have a bad case of Shinyitis. I went from my first mod (MVP2.0) a few months ago....to the Subox Mini kit that is 2 weeks old (which I love, mind you)....and now I'm drooling over the Sigelei TC boxes....not to mention all the tanks I want to try. I know I'm saving money going analog-free but man I may need a second job. Actually I'm trying to sell my autographed sports helmets/jerseys for a new mod and tanks.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I took this pic yesterday, but it's only the mods that happened to be laying around in arms reach of the keyboard. It doesn't include the others scattered around ready for instant use-- bathroom, kitchen, garage, girlfriends house, etc-- in case I should run out of juice between the couch and the stove, or forget which hand is holding the active mod. But what I really want to know is, do you want to know how many mods I already have, or am I supposed to include the ones I'm still waiting on Vape Mail for?
20150725_215505.jpg

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Right now I only have 2 iSticks I use regularly and 2 penstyles I use as backups or when I work in the yard or go fishing and can't have a heavy iStick in my pocket.

Geesh, I look at all these mods and wonder how I've avoided Shinyitis...or have I?:confused: I decided I was going to do some flavor chasing and I guess after my little spending spree this weekend I didn't:cool: I ordered an IPV 4S, 4 efest batteries, a 2-port charger, an Atlantis V2 tank and some replacement coils. Totally wrecked my vaping budget for the next 3 months:cry: Good thing I have a ton of juice!

I would look at some folks collections of mods and gear and thought to myself, "I'd never get to that point." I'm going to have to block all the vaping sites on my PC or I'll be living in the poor house, however, I'll have a ton of vaping gear with me :D

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I have a few, here's a picture. Although, I have another mod I have as a backup and don't use. I have an RDA and a couple tanks I don't use anymore that I would probably post up in the classifieds some day. These are the ones I use.

Ow is that a Hex Ohm 2.1 on the left I see ??

Reactions: dbrandt01
Ugh it's pathetic the physical number I have compared to what I actually use. I have a friend who's constantly buying the tube style mech mods and giving them to me after a few wks so I have I think 7 but I haven't used any of them yet bc I do have the basic safety knowledge but I don't feel 100% confident that I won't blow my face off so those kinda scare me lol. I have about 8 of the old pen thingys but don't use any of them anyone. A Sigelei 150w that I've used a few times. Some clone of a Dimitri box mod that came with a matching RDA that I got bc it was pretty but after I read the eBay reviews on it I got scared & haven't used it yet. The 20w istick, used to use it a lot but now I have the 50w so that's what I use. The Tobh RDA & a diff RDA with the weird troll face on it (I forget what it's called & I haven't used it yet) a few old kanger tanks.
Pretty much all I use is my 50w istick with either my Herekles or Starre tank. If I'm using an RDA it's always the Tobh bc it's simple.
And I'm a major juice hoarder but I use most of those so that's justifiable.

Reactions: VNeil

ashes to batteries

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2015
Ugh it's pathetic the physical number I have compared to what I actually use. I have a friend who's constantly buying the tube style mech mods and giving them to me after a few wks so I have I think 7 but I haven't used any of them yet bc I do have the basic safety knowledge but I don't feel 100% confident that I won't blow my face off so those kinda scare me lol. I have about 8 of the old pen thingys but don't use any of them anyone. A Sigelei 150w that I've used a few times. Some clone of a Dimitri box mod that came with a matching RDA that I got bc it was pretty but after I read the eBay reviews on it I got scared & haven't used it yet. The 20w istick, used to use it a lot but now I have the 50w so that's what I use. The Tobh RDA & a diff RDA with the weird troll face on it (I forget what it's called & I haven't used it yet) a few old kanger tanks.
Pretty much all I use is my 50w istick with either my Herekles or Starre tank. If I'm using an RDA it's always the Tobh bc it's simple.

I think a tube mod is next on my list. Like I said, I just had the one device right now so I'm very good at justifying this in my head, but I can also see myself with a growing collection but just using one mod. Lol!

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
That RDA with the weird troll face on it is called the troll. Not the most imaginative name to be honest. Mechs are pretty (I ordered my wife a tiffany blue with matching dripper, should be here soon :) ) but they can be a bit of a pain when you're figuring out how to use them effectively. I started out on regulated mods, but I've found mechs nice for going out and about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread