Shipments being seized

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngunner

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Tampa FL
Sorry, I haven't read through all 19 pages- but from what I have read- I think I'd rather spend a few extra bucks and order my supplies from US suppliers.

I was going to place an order for some blank carts and a back up atomizer from ruyandirect. After reading some of this I think I will pay a couple extra dollars and get from the US- also shipping would be half the time.

Is this logic safe to assume?

Thanks,
= from a n00b

sattec

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
mcallen texas
Sorry, I haven't read through all 19 pages- but from what I have read- I think I'd rather spend a few extra bucks and order my supplies from US suppliers.

I was going to place an order for some blank carts and a back up atomizer from ruyandirect. After reading some of this I think I will pay a couple extra dollars and get from the US- also shipping would be half the time.

Is this logic safe to assume?

Thanks,
= from a n00b

gunner, only the dealers had trouble, mostly, china is working out just fine for us regular poeple...and it's alot cheaper than in the states...good luck

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
I just got a package of 10 - 901 starter kits (for friends) from China from Best-e-cigarette. The box was brought to my door. There's a big sheet on the front that lists what's in the box and that says "Penstyle vaporizers". The tracking info on the website shows arrival at jfk, then arrival in Florida. No mention of customs at all , unlike my last package. Something new?

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
I noticed that several of my packages had the description "electronics" - got here fast - no holdups.

E-Cig manufacturers are doing this now. They're either labeling them "gift", "electronics", "spare parts", "USB adapter" or some other innocent description (chinese packages usually use GIFT as the description).

Reason being is imported packages have a customs label on them that is supposed to have on it a description of its contents. Since millions of packages pass through daily, it is impossible to open every one, so they look for red flags in the customs label description. Usually ones marked as gift or spare parts just get passed along (My BE103 passthrough kit was simply marked USB Adapter). Something marked with a key word (such as atomizer, e-cig, etc) or shipped from a known manufacturer of contriban usually get stopped and inspected.

They also get stopped by who is receiving the package for inspection. If you're Joe Shmoe selling e-cig parts on a street corner, chances are it will go through, but if they see "SMOKING EVERYWHERE" as the receiver, bam, it gets stopped. I think that is what is happening to US distributors. It's not the customs description, it is who is the receiver.

devDelay

Jun 8, 2009
Hey guys...I have a package sitting in customs. USPS says the following

Class: Express Mail International® (EMS)

Your item is being processed by United States Customs. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Inbound Into Customs
Inbound International Arrival, July 19, 2009, 9:12 pm, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

This is for about 20kits, 40 atomizers, 20 batteries, 400 cartridges...labeled as personal appliances and parts. So far it had looked pretty normal but at this point, I'm getting a little worried because it has been longer than I normally have things go through customs. Anyone have any insight?

NoGood

May 8, 2009
Ohio,USA
All of my packages have have the same thing and I have them now.
Everything from over seas will go through customs and usually will say outbound from customs 1 to 3 days later.
I did have one package that took forever but when I got it, it had been sprayed with crap on the trip over and had some nasty yellow stuff that got all over your hand when handling the package. Someone had decided to fumagate and everything inside was ruined.
The post office people in my town were ...... that the package had made it to them and said it should have been refused in that condition.
No need to worry untill it's been more then 4 days and still it may be released.
Mine have stopped in Chicago and in New York.
But them I'm not a business either.
Mike

Last edited:
As you all know, small packages ARE making it through no probs, from what I have read and experienced myself.

However... Being in the airline industry, I have seen the customs sorting facility at Chicago Ohare International Airport (ORD) and these guys arent playing. The day I was there, customs agents were "Looking" at what seemed like every package that came across their line. I didnt get a chance to talk to any of the agents (And I was unaware of vaping at the time I was there)

In all fairness, I havent seen a customs sorting facility at any other airport to compare with, but it just seemed like these guys (And gals) meant business.

Perhaps suppliers could route their large orders to other airports or friends addresses in other major cities, and then transfer shipping it to you? Just a thought.

Safe travels!

vaporich

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
Pittsburgh
www.vaporich.com
USPS via EMS is the only way to go.
Usually, you will have it in 7 to 10 days from china.
Unless they use a good shipping company in China, then it only take 4-5 days to hit ya. If you are east coast, it comes in NYC customs.
Normally, customs doesnt hold them.
If they do hold them, from my experience, it takes about 7 days to get released. It will be released since as of now, there is no law against them.
Always a good idea to NOT use the same address a bunch of times.
And Having a good, smart supplier is key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread