Shipments being seized

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandallFlagg

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Denver, Co, USA
E-Cig manufacturers are doing this now. They're either labeling them "gift", "electronics", "spare parts", "USB adapter" or some other innocent description (chinese packages usually use GIFT as the description).

Reason being is imported packages have a customs label on them that is supposed to have on it a description of its contents. Since millions of packages pass through daily, it is impossible to open every one, so they look for red flags in the customs label description. Usually ones marked as gift or spare parts just get passed along (My BE103 passthrough kit was simply marked USB Adapter). Something marked with a key word (such as atomizer, e-cig, etc) or shipped from a known manufacturer of contriban usually get stopped and inspected.

They also get stopped by who is receiving the package for inspection. If you're Joe Shmoe selling e-cig parts on a street corner, chances are it will go through, but if they see "SMOKING EVERYWHERE" as the receiver, bam, it gets stopped. I think that is what is happening to US distributors. It's not the customs description, it is who is the receiver.

You know, this is crap.
The things aren't illegal (yet).

RandallFlagg

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Denver, Co, USA
Well the FDA is saying they are illegal and they have a lot of my items detained.. Legal or illegal, the FDA is exercising their power.

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures , shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue , but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I say they should be sued. Bigtime.

gjrhine

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Sunny South Carolina
From what I see they only make a battery holder/ power adaptors.

That along with the switches happens to be the hard part assuming by power adapters you mean atomizer adapters. The is no cost/benefit for any but the largest factories to make commodity items like atomizers, batteries and cartridges. The design is where there is value added. Consider the problems that have plagued e-cigs thus far - juice leakage, battery life, balance of flavor, vapor production and throat hit. All design issues and addressed by an American company as well as anyone IMO.

If they make atomizers (the main component), cartridges, batteries, and juice (from scratch) I want to see evidence.

I'll leave your research to you.

Last edited:

CJsKee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures , shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue , but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

They are...Smoking Everywhere (and NJoy) vs. FDA

DaBrat

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Back end of GA
www.myspace.com
Amendment IV

Sorry O/T.. .you look a little like RandallFlagg.... only cuter... lol sorry.. Big Stevie fan!:D

KevinG

Moved On
Apr 30, 2009
From what I see they only make a battery holder/ power adaptors. If they make atomizers (the main component), cartridges, batteries, and juice (from scratch) I want to see evidence.

I would imagine this isn't the case yet for anyone. We are a US company who manufacturers and assembles in china. We also ship mostof the raw material to the US and assemble in the US. For the most part however, most of the raw material is manufactured in China. It would be virtually impossible to compete in this market using 100% of raw materials manufactured in the US.

We are currently looking into producing liquid in the US using batch tested ingredients with internal QC (e.g. We are looking into purchasing the lab equipment like the GS/MS) as well. However, this really depends on the lab results we get back on the Dekang liquid we submitted to a local (state certified) lab.

solonguniverse

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Missouri, USA
this is starting to piss me off we need prove these are better than analogs asafp we need scientists who can test these fast

Unfortunately, its not that simple. It's the long-term effects of the ingredients in liquid as a whole and that's going to take some time to discover. You can feel comfortable knowing we're the guinea pigs of a more modern breed of smokers. Also, valid clinical testing takes a lot of capital for liability and the like, although I'm sure willing participants wouldn't be that hard to find.

quititllc

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 9, 2009
I would imagine this isn't the case yet for anyone. We are a US company who manufacturers and assembles in china. We also ship mostof the raw material to the US and assemble in the US. For the most part however, most of the raw material is manufactured in China. It would be virtually impossible to compete in this market using 100% of raw materials manufactured in the US.

We are currently looking into producing liquid in the US using batch tested ingredients with internal QC (e.g. We are looking into purchasing the lab equipment like the GS/MS) as well. However, this really depends on the lab results we get back on the Dekang liquid we submitted to a local (state certified) lab.

Soo is this a glorified way of saying you are a supplier/retailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread