Shipments being seized

Status
Not open for further replies.

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
Ok, I understand the "why" and I'm all for removing this thread but I must say this first....

I know it's complicated but after following this forum and many of these threads and learning about e-cigs, even though I'm a non smoker and at almost 43 have NEVER tried a cig and don't plan to, why not just sell the devices WITHOUT nicotine?

I've seen sites and company's sell non nicotine juice or just vaping juice if I'm correct.

So if there's no nicotine contained with the unit would a problem still exits with them from the FDA's standpoint?

I can walk into ANY cig store on every corner in Las Vegas and I see bongs and pipes being sold that I know people do not use for tobacco products.

There's little doubt or question but yet I know these products must get imported as well into the U.S. Why are such products allowed entry into our country especially when we've had this war against illegal substances going on for so long.

Anyway...just my two cents into what seems to of become a very complicated issue.

Will certainly be interesting what comes down on June 9th if I got the date correct on the ruiling.

Would you mind telling us your interest in this forum since you don't smoke analogs or vape. I am nosey.

vegasbandit

May 8, 2009
Would you mind telling us your interest in this forum since you don't smoke analogs or vape. I am nosey.

I don't mind at all especially since it seems possibly my post is being taken WAY outta context considering your reply as well as ClosetToker, I have no clue what got under his skin from my post.

Short version... my dads 68 and fighting his second go round with cancer. He's been hooked on nicotine and cigs since he was about 16.

The chemo this time around is kicking his ... and he still can't put the smokes down. This is a man who's been sober and off booze for 37 years but even with cancer is having the hardest time quitting.

About 2 months back I saw a quick thing on the news about e-cigs. Never knew they existed at the time so I took it upon myself to learn about them and where to buy them.

I was hoping e-cigs, even though I know they are not cessation devices, might be the thing to help him get away or cut way back on tobacco cigs.

I am a proponent and totally for e-cigs and the nicotine for all that matters.

As far as my comment about "deleting" that was because I read most all of the post in this thread and I realize some of the info posted could tip off preying eyes to the suppliers and getting product through customs.

Oh.. ClosetToker..just because I've never smoke a tobacco cig does not mean I've not enjoyed or tried other things.

Also I was simply using bongs to try and make a point that if they are allowed what's the fuss on e-cigs because they do not specifically need to be deemed a nicotine/drug device or whatever the FDA is saying they are.

It would be nice before jumping to conclusions about one's intentions gleemed from just one post if a person could take 60 seconds and actually look at a previous post in a member/users forum profile before they make derogatory remarks.

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
I don't mind at all especially since it seems possibly my post is being taken WAY outta context considering your reply as well as ClosetToker, I have no clue what got under his skin from my post.

Short version... my dads 68 and fighting his second go round with cancer. He's been hooked on nicotine and cigs since he was about 16.

The chemo this time around is kicking his ... and he still can't put the smokes down. This is a man who's been sober and off booze for 37 years but even with cancer is having the hardest time quitting.

About 2 months back I saw a quick thing on the news about e-cigs. Never knew they existed at the time so I took it upon myself to learn about them and where to buy them.

I was hoping e-cigs, even though I know they are not cessation devices, might be the thing to help him get away or cut way back on tobacco cigs.

As far as my comment about "deleting" that was because I read most all of the post in this thread and I realize some of the info posted could tip off preying eyes to the suppliers and getting product through customs.

Oh.. ClosetToker..just because I've never smoke a tobacco cig does not mean I've not enjoyed or tried other things.

Also I was simply using bongs to try and make a point that if they are allowed what's the fuss on e-cigs because they do not specifically need to be deemed a nicotine/drug device or whatever the FDA is saying they are.

It would be nice before jumping to conclusions about one's intentions gleemed from just one post if a person could take 60 seconds and actually look at a previous post in a member/users forum profile before they make derogatory remarks.

Thanks for sharing your story, I hope you find something that will help your Dad on this forum. :)

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
the posts were a bit confusing at first but it all makes sense now.................I am in total agreement, that when the **** finally hits the fan. If these devices are labeled differently and especially if they are sold seperately from the nicotine. They would be legal.

You can buy all the components to make a bomb legally.........you can buy all the components to make fully automatic machine guns( seperately)

NoAnalogs4me

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2008
Pittsburgh to Philadelphia

-------------------------------------

I'd say welcome to the board to you vegasbandit! I wholeheartedly feel for your father and your struggle with his disease.

Remember that this forum can become quite nasty my friend. I read some comment about "Hitler" in reply to your post and was in :shock: at that member's comments.

It's no secret that real prying eyes are already here and have been since the lawsuits were filed!

Suppliers could go underground and sell non nicotine only, but I fear it'd be more dangerous for us to have to concoct our own nicotine derivatives. The thread or forum should I say about DIY e-liquid starts with a header that is basically quite scary. Sounds like your mixing a chemical that has the potential to kill you through inhalation, contact with skin, etc. and it can! I'd far rather leave that to quality domestic suppliers of e-liquid.

Damn, I said I was going to make page 10 my last contribution to the thread, but I haven't sat here and typed all the details of a packing slip, and the thread goes on... se la vie! :lol:

I'd rather take a man at his word than become a pure screaming freak on this board.

My best to both you and your father and here's hope things turn out well for him! ;)

BTW I feel if anywhere in the U.S. passes county/state laws allowing e-cigs, etc. it would probably be LV,NV or any city, CA (the whole left coast thing)... HaHa!

vegasbandit

May 8, 2009
-------------------------------------

I'd say welcome to the board to you vegasbandit! I wholeheartedly feel for your father and your struggle with his disease.

Remember that this forum can become quite nasty my friend. I read some comment about "Hitler" in reply to your post and was in :shock: at that member's comments.

It's no secret that real prying eyes are already here and have been since the lawsuits were filed!

Suppliers could go underground and sell non nicotine only, but I fear it'd be more dangerous for us to have to concoct our own nicotine derivatives. The thread or forum should I say about DIY e-liquid starts with a header that is basically quite scary. Sounds like your mixing a chemical that has the potential to kill you through inhalation, contact with skin, etc. and it can! I'd far rather leave that to quality domestic suppliers of e-liquid.

Damn, I said I was going to make page 10 my last contribution to the thread, but I haven't sat here and typed all the details of a packing slip, and the thread goes on... se la vie! :lol:

I'd rather take a man at his word than become a pure screaming freak on this board.

My best to both you and your father and here's hope things turn out well for him! ;)

BTW I feel if anywhere in the U.S. passes county/state laws allowing e-cigs, etc. it would probably be LV,NV or any city, CA (the whole left coast thing)... HaHa!

Your points are very valid and YES safety is and should be priority for all of us.

I appreciate your thoughts as well as from Taz3cat on my father. He's a tough guy and barely misses a day at work even though he's got a nasty rash nearly from head to toe from the chemo.

Anyway... let's keep the threads topic intact...did not want to get off course with my post like this as it was not my intention.

Lastly... AWESOME E-CIG FORUM - THE BEST!!

madlock

Mar 25, 2009
WRT the matter of discretion, I too am amazed at how freely some people are willing to discuss things that even they would prefer to keep confidential. What it is about the anonymity of the internet that prompts some people to make this kind of logical disconnect never ceases to amaze me.

After watching a news report about the whole "internet drug" phenomenon, whereby people were buying everything from ...... to highly addictive narcotic pain medication from companies that would put people in touch with shill doctors and pharmacies or companies that would fill orders from other countries, they mentioned a particular forum where much of these things were going on, and I began following it for a while as sort of the online equivalent of slowing down to look at car crash. (I was horrified not only by what I saw, but that I happened to be gawking at it; and it was only made better by the "thank God it's not me" factor)

Anyway, as law enforcement eventually began to crack down, the amount of discussion among people who were panicked after spending hundreds of dollars only to learn that their "meds" weren't delivered on-time, orders were being seized by Customs, and "prescriptions" were disappearing as various doctors and pharmacies were being shut-down or prosecuted. While I suppose the amount of anxiety would be understandable from people in their position, the extent to which so many people were openly discussing the doctors, pharmacies, and companies that paired them together shocked me.

Even more amazing was that despite many people posting, "Ahem.... certain eyes may be watching", and the fact that the web forum had been mentioned by name in various law enforcement presentations that quoted many posts as evidence of the illicit goings on they believed to be occurring, a HUGE number of people openly argued that this couldn't possibly be going on as they continued to make posts like, "Was the doctor X. Y. from Anywhere, MN?", or "My last order came from India, sent by A.X. from Delhi", as if this didn't create the biggest crop of low-hanging fruit since they invented 10 lb peaches. Of course over the course of a year, things only progressed to the point where they eventually played no small part in identifying the very vendors, doctors, and pharmacies they spoke about, which are now either out of business or worse, so freely either.

While I certainly don't have a dog in this fight beyond being a libertarian vaper who believes the government crossed the infringement line upon our civil liberties about 100 miles back, and I order my vaping supplies from within the U.S., I can only offer-up what I've witnessed, and how easy and effective this kind of open discussion can make further identifying packages to seize. If they only have a 1% chance of intercepting random items with nothing else to go on, it takes very little for them to up those odds several thousandfold by paying more attention to certain criteria; and in this era of shrinking budgets and demands for greater efficacy, browsing web forums becomes a gravy train of information that costs them no more money or resources than are required to browse them.

CellWho

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I don't think the analogy was quite accurate. I find it hard to believe that the forum you speak of would have a "Doctors" and a "Pharmacy" sub forum (as funny as it would have been). Most people order from suppliers that have their own section on this site. They are not trying to hide, they are saying "COME OVER HERE AND BUY MY GOODS". I know you might say, well that's the problem, but it's the nature of this site and how it's setup. If all the suppliers disappeared, and went "underground", and no one directly talked about their experience with a specific supplier, then this site would offer much less value.

WRT the matter of discretion, I too am amazed at how freely some people are willing to discuss things that even they would prefer to keep confidential. What it is about the anonymity of the internet that prompts some people to make this kind of logical disconnect never ceases to amaze me.

After watching a news report about the whole "internet drug" phenomenon, whereby people were buying everything from ...... to highly addictive narcotic pain medication from companies that would put people in touch with shill doctors and pharmacies or companies that would fill orders from other countries, they mentioned a particular forum where much of these things were going on, and I began following it for a while as sort of the online equivalent of slowing down to look at car crash. (I was horrified not only by what I saw, but that I happened to be gawking at it; and it was only made better by the "thank God it's not me" factor)

Anyway, as law enforcement eventually began to crack down, the amount of discussion among people who were panicked after spending hundreds of dollars only to learn that their "meds" weren't delivered on-time, orders were being seized by Customs, and "prescriptions" were disappearing as various doctors and pharmacies were being shut-down or prosecuted. While I suppose the amount of anxiety would be understandable from people in their position, the extent to which so many people were openly discussing the doctors, pharmacies, and companies that paired them together shocked me.

Even more amazing was that despite many people posting, "Ahem.... certain eyes may be watching", and the fact that the web forum had been mentioned by name in various law enforcement presentations that quoted many posts as evidence of the illicit goings on they believed to be occurring, a HUGE number of people openly argued that this couldn't possibly be going on as they continued to make posts like, "Was the doctor X. Y. from Anywhere, MN?", or "My last order came from India, sent by A.X. from Delhi", as if this didn't create the biggest crop of low-hanging fruit since they invented 10 lb peaches. Of course over the course of a year, things only progressed to the point where they eventually played no small part in identifying the very vendors, doctors, and pharmacies they spoke about, which are now either out of business or worse, so freely either.

While I certainly don't have a dog in this fight beyond being a libertarian vaper who believes the government crossed the infringement line upon our civil liberties about 100 miles back, and I order my vaping supplies from within the U.S., I can only offer-up what I've witnessed, and how easy and effective this kind of open discussion can make further identifying packages to seize. If they only have a 1% chance of intercepting random items with nothing else to go on, it takes very little for them to up those odds several thousandfold by paying more attention to certain criteria; and in this era of shrinking budgets and demands for greater efficacy, browsing web forums becomes a gravy train of information that costs them no more money or resources than are required to browse them.

madlock

Mar 25, 2009
I don't think the analogy was quite accurate. I find it hard to believe that the forum you speak of would have a "Doctors" and a "Pharmacy" sub forum (as funny as it would have been). Most people order from suppliers that have their own section on this site. They are not trying to hide, they are saying "COME OVER HERE AND BUY MY GOODS".

And you'd be wrong.

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
I ordered 3 shipments totaling 70 lbs. 1 30lb, and 1 10 lb box arrived, however 1 30 lb box has been in customs for 6 days. The tracking has not changed "inbound into customs". Any hope for this, or do you all think this has been or is being seized. It is in NY customs. My smaller box of liquids made it through though.
I'd say it's a good chance the one box is gone. But, you never know, it might shake loose. Best of luck with it.

Last edited:

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
I ordered 3 shipments totaling 70 lbs. 1 30lb, and 1 10 lb box arrived, however 1 30 lb box has been in customs for 6 days. The tracking has not changed "inbound into customs". Any hope for this, or do you all think this has been or is being seized. It is in NY customs. My smaller box of liquids made it through though.

Where do you live, as in what state or country.

Who is the shipper. If is is USP they are slow, Fedx is a little faster, EMS/USPS is the best. I Usually get my package the day after it says outbound customs with EMS/USPS.

They are slow to update the tracking informtion.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Obviously, we have a very selective enforcement action. I think I know why, but would prefer not to state it. Fact is, I placed an order Saturday night with ruyandirect, it shipped from China on Sunday and my mail lady handed it to me this morning (Thursday) for signature. Was shipped EMS. Contained parts and 36mg liquid.

Bones

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2009
Austin, Texas
Obviously, we have a very selective enforcement action. I think I know why, but would prefer not to state it. Fact is, I placed an order Saturday night with ruyandirect, it shipped from China on Sunday and my mail lady handed it to me this morning (Thursday) for signature. Was shipped EMS. Contained parts and 36mg liquid.

Very similar experience here -
I got some parts and carts from E-Cig.com - Came in today -Right on time Package came EMS-USPS - The customs form clearly said E-CIG Technology and listed the contents as E-CIG ATOMIZERS -

According to tracking info it was held in customs for 2 days then released - It showed no signs of having been opened for inspection -

My wife and I run an on-line costume shop and ship globally on a daily basis - We are shipping costumes, masks, and assorted other theatrical items - None of these items are in question for a ban or anything like the controversy about e-cigs - Still - Our shipments are often if not always held at customs for a few days - Sometimes a week or more -

Do not read too much into the fact that a package was held by customs - All international shipments MUST pass through customs and often the amount of time they stay with customs is based on how busy the customs office is at the time and has nothing to do with the contents of the package - Just standard practice -

It seems to me that the shipments that have been "seized" are really large orders belonging to companies who are actively fighting the FDA - Keep your head down and you'll get your stuff :)

Don't get me wrong I know they are messing with some of the shipments but It is my understanding that in order to toally shut down the border to this type of shipment some form of official notice would normally be given on both sides of the border before hand - Not that they have to - But they usually do -

Bones -

cedde

Feb 10, 2009
Michigan
We recently ordered a shipment of e-liquid from our supplier in China, and it has been seized by German customs. The officers opened the box and saw the bottles labeled “Marl-bo,” and they decided to write a letter to the lawyers of Philip Morris in Europe. Now Philip Morris has responded that the bottles must be destroyed. Has anyone else had this bull**** happen to them? We are a small company and don’t have the money to fight Philip Morris, so we have lost our product. These stickers are standard on the e-liquid bottles, so we’re wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and what you did about it.

inlife4anthony

Moved On
Jun 8, 2009
Idaho
www.myinlife.com
  • Deleted by Sun Vaporer
  • Reason: Spammer

inlife4anthony

Moved On
Jun 8, 2009
Idaho
www.myinlife.com