Shipments being seized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
Let me ask this question here instead of starting a new thread:

Next December (if all goes well) we will be taking a cruise that includes stops in Hong Kong and Shanghai (the later is actually where we fly home from).

Does anyone know if I will be able to buy some personal e-cigarette supplies at either place? I mean, do these Chinese businesses (like Heaven's Gate) have actual stores?

Ruyan has a store in Shanghai. However, the prices-- believe it or not-- are NOT cheaper!!! This was really disappointing to me when I found this out, by the way. The only thing you'd save is shipping. You might be able to make a deal, though. . . don't really know.

A lot of CHinese don't even know about the e-cig yet-- this has not really taken off in China.

zeebest001

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
I am going to place the order from ruyandirect.com. He is going to ship it in two boxes. Anyone place large orders like this before from Wayne? Do I need to worry about my order being seized?

If it is seized, does he refund your money + shipping? Any help would be great, as I am about to drop over 2k and plan on ordering more.

Just wanted to find out my chances of a successful delivery.

Thanks,

Chris

Belowme

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
Portland, OR
I am going to place the order from ruyandirect.com. He is going to ship it in two boxes. Anyone place large orders like this before from Wayne? Do I need to worry about my order being seized?

If it is seized, does he refund your money + shipping? Any help would be great, as I am about to drop over 2k and plan on ordering more.

Just wanted to find out my chances of a successful delivery.

Thanks,

Chris

I just received my order from Wayne last week, I had no problems with delivery only that they made a small mistake and sent it to my neighbor so I had to drive to the post office an retrieve it.

But then again it was a SMALL Shipment. The Customs agents check the packages randomly because there are not enough agents to check every single box.

I do not think yo should make such a big order all at once. maybe you can try to work it out with wayne to send a bunch of small packages, this way if you do get unlucky at least most of the packages will slip through.

From what I know Steve from Puresmoker had their shipment seized by customs over 1 month ago and there is no word yet about its whereabouts.

Just a suggestion.

NoAnalogs4me

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2008
Pittsburgh to Philadelphia
Please stop revealing names of suppliers and how packages were marked that came through successfully. There's quite enough info here for any newbie and if you're a novice or expert, you already know to not post this info. I read so many posts and saw the mention of a supplier I order from and how the person successfully received said package because of how the vendor declared it's contents.

Customs is not only looking at the description! Mention company names and they'll start flagging all packages from said company.

Let's stop giving away our vendors overseas! Believe me, this being the largest forum on the 'net about e-cigs et. al., they are watching. When they arbitrarily decide to stop even domestic suppliers, just watch how fast you won't be able to keep e-smoking.

Analogs make the Government a fortune in taxes while e-cigs don't, so keep that in mind.

I know I'm being a wet blanket, I just think page 10 should be the end of this thread!

Last edited:

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Have to agree, NoAnalogs4Me...
Handing out information about who chinese suppliers are should move to PM's (and even then care taken about who is answered, so a one-time-poster isn't getting that information for instance) - and information about how parcels are marked shouldn't be found anywhere...
We are going to be very sorry for doing this now, on the day that FDA decides to go after personal packages...

NoAnalogs4me

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2008
Pittsburgh to Philadelphia
Have to agree, NoAnalogs4Me...
Handing out information about who chinese suppliers are should move to PM's (and even then care taken about who is answered, so a one-time-poster isn't getting that information for instance) - and information about how parcels are marked shouldn't be found anywhere...
We are going to be very sorry for doing this now, on the day that FDA decides to go after personal packages...
katink, couldn't agree more an all counts! What do you think about asking the ECF forum moderator(s) to remove this entire thread before we are truly sorry for it's being posted? Anyone in favor of this action should PM me with simply "I agree" in the subject field and I'll contact ECF and list the names of supporters of this action...

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
There is only one problem with no talking about Chinese suppliers. They can't hide on the INTERNET and do business. People should not put out all the information they do about the suppliers, but the FDA can find them if they want too, with or without our help.

I have never had a Chinese sell lie about what they sent me. The have always used a proper description of what I have purchased.

I have never order a box set from any of them.

Rebel

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2009
Ohio
www.vcignature.com
20X DSE 901, Black, Blue LED Ordered 5/7/2009

Shipped EMS into U.S. Labeled "Personal Gitfts" "US$25.00".

Status USPS.com.......

Inbound Into Customs
Inbound International Arrival, May 11, 2009, 9:26 pm, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Foreign International Dispatch, May 10, 2009, 4:04 am, SHANGHAI EMS, CHINA PEOPLES REP
Foreign Acceptance, May 09, 2009, 4:50 pm

Limbo.... Feel free to advise on how to see whats going on. I would apprecieate it.

I still have not received my order. The USPS tracking info remains the same today. I agree also that posting information pertaining to how successful packages were labeled and from whom they were purchased should not be mentioned. However as in my case, it could be equally important TO list information when a package has been detained. Packages that do not make it through because they were described a certain way are obviously being held. It is wise to let everyone know (use common sense) what was done wrong. Ironically, I have received other packages that were labeled more accurately as to what the product is. It was the deceptive one that got seized. Unlucky or the same "trick" is old news to the FDA. Either way it didn’t work.

I called the FDA/Customs division earlier. I was told that they do in fact have my package. On the May, 18th information pertaining to my package was sent to a higher office and as of right now is pending a decision that will either allow them to release the package to me or to have it sent back to its origin. I was told that the FDA is backlogged with these seized packages and letters are going out informing intended recipients of the decision 2 weeks after the FDA receives notice of them. It’s been just about that long for me so I will update when I do receive a letter. The same office also informed me that towards the end of April, they received a memo stating basically (he didn’t read it to me word for word) "more and more of these devices are being seen coming through the ports, all packages containing electronic cigarettes are to be held pending notification/review." I then asked if any packages held since that memo has been released. He said "Not to my knowledge". Just throwing it out there, i told him i understand the FDAs position wanting to hold anything that said "Quit Smoking or Healthier" since as of yet that has not been proven (debatable), but that my package has none of those claims associated with it. He concurred that those claims are "Part" of the issue but more directly "From a FDA perspective, this is a device that delivers nicotine, which is a drug, so this is a unapproved drug delivery device." This guy really knew more than I expected he would about the issue.

I personally think when the FDA first held the big 3 company’s shipments it was a turning point. Holding those companies shipments were calculated and deliberate. What may have come of their initial intentions will never be known. I doubt it was going to be good but might not have been as bad as the extremes they are taking now. Unwittingly, when S.E. sued it really ...... them off. The infamous intercepted e-mail from the FDA shows how personal they took it. None the less we are not powerless. We have our contender in Smoking Everywhere (for better or for worse) with a few more powerful allies lying in wait to pick up the next rounds if necessary. My only regret is that I learned of this smoking alternative so late in the game and am now limited to letting others fight the bigger fights. Still, what I can do, what we all should do, is be pro-active in our efforts to contact our lawmakers, inform our ignorant analog community more actively so that they too can join our cause, and to avoid unnecessary confrontation while vaping so as not to give cities and states the opportunity to mass against us for fear of losing their tobacco tax money.

Our cause is just, , we are well organized, and we are right. We are democrat and republican, rich and poor, bosses and beach bums (sup trop bob). The coming of our “PERSONAL VAPORIZERS” is inevitable. The question is not one of “IF” we will succeed, it is one of how much control will we still have “WHEN” we prevail!!!

Fight the Good Fight
Rebel

lvlninety9

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2009
Texas
While I understand the suppliers concerns about getting their shipments this thread should be deleted. It gives out far to much information and I'm just a consumer. Granted the FDA, Customs, whoever will eventually find this information, but why is it that US suppliers should make it easier for them? On the front page of suppliers, I noticed that every registered supplier has some sort of contact information. When discussing shipments, sure it's not a great idea to deal with competition, but let's be a bit realistic here. Keep this information private and not public. I'm not saying this to be rude, I'm saying this to help protect our US suppliers so that they can stay in business a little longer and keep the consumers supplied with their needs. You don't have to be a member to read the threads here and giving out this kind of information here just makes it easier for someone to look for suppliers from China to help shut them down at the border. Delete this thread as the damage might already be done. Pick up the telephone and start making phone calls or even send an e mail. Don't make it any easier.

ArizonaVapin

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2009
US, AZ
I still have not received my order. The USPS tracking info remains the same today. I agree also that posting information pertaining to how successful packages were labeled and from whom they were purchased should not be mentioned. However as in my case, it could be equally important TO list information when a package has been detained. Packages that do not make it through because they were described a certain way are obviously being held. It is wise to let everyone know (use common sense) what was done wrong. Ironically, I have received other packages that were labeled more accurately as to what the product is. It was the deceptive one that got seized. Unlucky or the same "trick" is old news to the FDA. Either way it didn’t work.

I called the FDA/Customs division earlier. I was told that they do in fact have my package. On the May, 18th information pertaining to my package was sent to a higher office and as of right now is pending a decision that will either allow them to release the package to me or to have it sent back to its origin. I was told that the FDA is backlogged with these seized packages and letters are going out informing intended recipients of the decision 2 weeks after the FDA receives notice of them. It’s been just about that long for me so I will update when I do receive a letter. The same office also informed me that towards the end of April, they received a memo stating basically (he didn’t read it to me word for word) "more and more of these devices are being seen coming through the ports, all packages containing electronic cigarettes are to be held pending notification/review." I then asked if any packages held since that memo has been released. He said "Not to my knowledge". Just throwing it out there, i told him i understand the FDAs position wanting to hold anything that said "Quit Smoking or Healthier" since as of yet that has not been proven (debatable), but that my package has none of those claims associated with it. He concurred that those claims are "Part" of the issue but more directly "From a FDA perspective, this is a device that delivers nicotine, which is a drug, so this is a unapproved drug delivery device." This guy really knew more than I expected he would about the issue.

I personally think when the FDA first held the big 3 company’s shipments it was a turning point. Holding those companies shipments were calculated and deliberate. What may have come of their initial intentions will never be known. I doubt it was going to be good but might not have been as bad as the extremes they are taking now. Unwittingly, when S.E. sued it really ...... them off. The infamous intercepted e-mail from the FDA shows how personal they took it. None the less we are not powerless. We have our contender in Smoking Everywhere (for better or for worse) with a few more powerful allies lying in wait to pick up the next rounds if necessary. My only regret is that I learned of this smoking alternative so late in the game and am now limited to letting others fight the bigger fights. Still, what I can do, what we all should do, is be pro-active in our efforts to contact our lawmakers, inform our ignorant analog community more actively so that they too can join our cause, and to avoid unnecessary confrontation while vaping so as not to give cities and states the opportunity to mass against us for fear of losing their tobacco tax money.

Our cause is just, , we are well organized, and we are right. We are democrat and republican, rich and poor, bosses and beach bums (sup trop bob). The coming of our “PERSONAL VAPORIZERS” is inevitable. The question is not one of “IF” we will succeed, it is one of how much control will we still have “WHEN” we prevail!!!

Fight the Good Fight
Rebel

Very eloquent Rebel!:thumb: Almost made me want to run and grab my pitchfork.

vegasbandit

May 8, 2009
Ok, I understand the "why" and I'm all for removing this thread but I must say this first....

I know it's complicated but after following this forum and many of these threads and learning about e-cigs, even though I'm a non smoker and at almost 43 have NEVER tried a cig and don't plan to, why not just sell the devices WITHOUT nicotine?

I've seen sites and company's sell non nicotine juice or just vaping juice if I'm correct.

So if there's no nicotine contained with the unit would a problem still exits with them from the FDA's standpoint?

I can walk into ANY cig store on every corner in Las Vegas and I see bongs and pipes being sold that I know people do not use for tobacco products.

There's little doubt or question but yet I know these products must get imported as well into the U.S. Why are such products allowed entry into our country especially when we've had this war against illegal substances going on for so long.

Anyway...just my two cents into what seems to of become a very complicated issue.

Will certainly be interesting what comes down on June 9th if I got the date correct on the ruiling.

Closet Toker

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Trempealeau, WI.
Because this is a free country. Well, sorta... until people like you come along and think everyone should be and feel the way you do. I think Hitler was kinda like that also.
People like you are what I call a Troll......
You have one thing correct, the Moderators should pull your post....I'll understand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread