• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Shipping Issue Fasttech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrappedKaos

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Raleigh,NC
Hello fellow vapers/vapors,
So I ordered Some item's from fasttech on June 26th for my mother inlaw as a gift. 8 days later I received a conformation from tracking that it had been delivered....I did not receive any packages. I contacted USPS customer service about said package and they informed me that it infact had been delivered, No one was home and the package did not require a signature. I have security cameras but they are not aimed at my mailbox and so I can verify after going thru video that no package was delived to my door so must have been put in mail box. I can only assume if it was put in mail box that maybe someone had taken them from my mailbox but no way to be sure. I ordered a second Vamo kit for mom in inlaw as the first one came two days earlier in perfect condition and althought the center pin has an issue I did receive that as ordered and tracking was correct. So my question is after fasttech and USPS and both putting the blame on each other, What can I do to resolve this issue? I now know why it is not the best to save a few bucks as after going back and forth with fasttech it is diffecult to get any help outside of paying 80% of ticket value for them to send me another order of said product. I have to admit the first came fast and no issues but I guess I ended up buying one for the same price as if I would have bought from an American vendor. Does anyone have any advice on what to do to resolve the issue without spending an additional $44.00? Not upset with Fasttech as much as USPS as they both are at fault in some sense, I expected a signature required. I was required to work late that day so just assumed I would have to go to USPS to pick up package as I knew I would not be home when the tracking info stated it was intown. I hope Fastech will work with me as the USPS pretty much told me I was SOL. Should I dispute with my Paypal account for the fee and just reorder from an American company if Fastech doesnt want to help any more than telling me to pay 80%. I'm sorry to bring my questions here as I have never had this happen before and never ordered anything from china. Fasttech did tell me that if I would have spent an additional 30+ dollars I could of gotten insurance and a signature required but only informed me after the fact. Thanks everyone in advance for trying to help me resolve the issue. Strapped

StrappedKaos

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Raleigh,NC
Yeah, I contacted them and they told me kind of the same thing towards fasttech that they did their part and delivered. Just not really sure what I can do as it seems to me that someone grabbed package out of my mailbox, if fasstech sent it and USPS put in mail box only other option is that someone took package after both did their job. Just not sure what to do, I am happy atleast Fasttech offered at 80% of original purchase but seems like company's would know that this can happen and have a way to write this off or something to that affect, or am I being silly and just pay the price? Would Paypal have an insurance to cover this as I understand not anyones fault but in end im out cash for something that I can't control either.

Majestic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2009
N.E. Wisconsin
I concur. Your problem is with USPS and not Fasttech. Fasttech shipped their products and it was delivered. You just don't know who it was delivered to or if someone came by later and helped themselves. As was previously suggested, talk with your mail carrier to see if he/she remembers delivering the parcel and where it was put. From there I would talk with the neighbors and see if anyone remembers seeing any activity. After that you might talk with your local police department to see if it worth filing a report. You never know, other folks in your area might be experiencing similar mail thefts.

soul05

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2013
sf bay area
even if fasttech told you that you could have purchased signature confirmation and insurance for 30 dollars. would you have bought it? i highly doubt it, thats a huge rip off and im pretty sure 99% of consumers would pass it over.

your problem lies with usps and perhaps the crime in your neighborhood. fasttech did their part and shipped your package. you're lucky that fasttech is even offering you anything at all. thats great customer service.

StrappedKaos

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Raleigh,NC
Thanks everyone, I know Fasttech offered 80% and no doubt that is good customer service as most won't do that. I am not blaming anyone just trying to see what options I might have if any, I have researched and don't want to file a paypal claim as I agree that it would only take money from Fasttech and that would only make prices rise in the long run for me and every one to make up for lost Profit. Not wanting anyone to think I don't appreciate Fasttech's offer, again just seeing if anyone has had this happen and how they handled it. I will be filing a claim with USPS in hopes it will help someone else from theft in the neighborhood but sure they wont help me in any way and same with police report even thought it is kinda a waste except if it is a problem in the area then maybe help others. I guess I will bite the bullet on this one as even if I would have bought from American company same could have happened except i might get a signature required but I was under the impression that it would be signature required but I was wrong. just makes since to do that since it is a fail safe on both company's behalf....Can't say it was delivered 100% unless I sign for it is what im getting at. Oh well we will see how this goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread