Shipping Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcleaver

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Palatine, IL
Also, keep in mind that Stamps.com does not update the shipping info very often. Instead, goto USPS.gov and track from there. That gets updated.

I found this out while waiting for my current shipment. Stamps.com still lists only that notification has been received, and not any movement. When I check USPS.gov, it shows at my local sorting facility. I sent an email to Gotvapes thinking that somehow it hadn't shipped yet; but it really was just the poor updating of Stamps.com.

vapin_2tha_max

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2010
Rochester, New York
What I think is complete bulls##t is the fact that I live in Upstate NY which is only like 300 something miles from Gotvapes and my order is still sitting in Whitestone NY. Accepted Oct 20. I could have received something from California by yesterday yet my package still sits at post office in NY at origination. I thought Dan and Chris picked a better post office. All I can say is this completely pisses me off. Trust me, I'm holding back many more expletives. I know it's none of Chris or Dan's fault but none the same, I'm fuming. Yes this was checked directly through USPS.com. USPS stand for Unbelievably Slow and Persistently Sucky (at least this specific office is).

vapidkitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Oz Tropics
Problem is ya can't trust what tracking says. I had a parcel I was concerned about because it didn't seem to have moved from the 'accepted' stage for two weeks. I've had said parcel for a week and a half now....... but according to tracking it still hasn't moved and is in N.Y. :confused:

Does make it... yeah... 'difficult'. Hang in there, it'll find ya :)

Last edited:

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
What I think is complete bulls##t is the fact that I live in Upstate NY which is only like 300 something miles from Gotvapes and my order is still sitting in Whitestone NY. Accepted Oct 20. I could have received something from California by yesterday yet my package still sits at post office in NY at origination. I thought Dan and Chris picked a better post office. All I can say is this completely pisses me off. Trust me, I'm holding back many more expletives. I know it's none of Chris or Dan's fault but none the same, I'm fuming. Yes this was checked directly through USPS.com. USPS stand for Unbelievably Slow and Persistently Sucky (at least this specific office is).

Problem is ya can't trust what tracking says. I had a parcel I was concerned about because it didn't seem to have moved from the 'accepted' stage for two weeks. I've had said parcel for a week and a half now....... but according to tracking it still hasn't moved and is in N.Y. :confused:

Does make it... yeah... 'difficult'. Hang in there, it'll find ya :)

Vapid & Vapin, were your packages shipped 1st class or priority?

Mine now says accepted in Whitestone NY @ 3:31 today - Since the site says they're in Sugarland TX I figured that's where it would ship from but I read another thread that explains that some items ship from NY.

Of course, I liked the idea of it coming from TX since it's much closer than NY, but I think it will only add one additional day before it gets here.

Tom950

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2010
Bergen County, NJ
Maybe the PO should go belly up and close. They have become worthless. Always takes 2 days to go from whitestone to me in NJ. Sometimes 3 days tops. It took 3 says alone to go from whitestone to brooklyn! are they kidding me? :mad:

First-Class Mail®

Expected Delivery By:
October 24, 2011 (was the 21st)

Processed through USPS Sort Facility October 24, 2011, 4:54 pm KEARNY, NJ 07099

Processed through USPS Sort Facility October 22, 2011, 5:19 pm BROOKLYN, NY 11256

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility October 22, 2011, 5:19 pm BROOKLYN, NY 11256

Shipment Accepted October 19, 2011, 3:58 pm WHITESTONE, NY 11357

vapin_2tha_max

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2010
Rochester, New York
Maybe the PO should go belly up and close. They have become worthless. Always takes 2 days to go from whitestone to me in NJ. Sometimes 3 days tops. It took 3 says alone to go from whitestone to brooklyn! are they kidding me? :mad:

Yep, same boat Tom, here is two of mine:

Expected Delivery Date: October 22, 2011
Class: First-Class Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your shipment was accepted/picked up at 1:12 pm on October 20, 2011 in WHITESTONE, NY 11357 .

Detailed Results:

Shipment Accepted, October 20, 2011, 1:12 pm, WHITESTONE, NY 11357
Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 20, 2011

AND the other doomed to the same:

Expected Delivery Date: October 26, 2011
Class: First-Class Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your shipment was accepted/picked up at 3:31 pm on October 24, 2011 in WHITESTONE, NY 11357 .

Detailed Results:

Shipment Accepted, October 24, 2011, 3:31 pm, WHITESTONE, NY 11357
Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 22, 2011

This is COMPLETELY unacceptable. I have something that was shipped today coming from Florida first class mail and it's guaranteed going to be here at least two days before I get my package from Gotvapes. AGAIN, this is not Chris or Dan's fault, only the post office they ship from.

RichieRich

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
Naperville, IL

First-Class Mail®

Expected Delivery By:
October 24, 2011 (was the 21st)

Processed through USPS Sort Facility October 24, 2011, 4:54 pm KEARNY, NJ 07099

Processed through USPS Sort Facility October 22, 2011, 5:19 pm BROOKLYN, NY 11256

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility October 22, 2011, 5:19 pm BROOKLYN, NY 11256

Shipment Accepted October 19, 2011, 3:58 pm WHITESTONE, NY 11357

I think they are just about belly-up. Last I heard they were in the process of laying off several thousand employees. USPS is leaking money like a sieve right now. I am sure morale is down in the organization as well so that may be the reason for the delay in package progress. It does seem to me that the New York area seems to be the worst. so far everything I have had shipped from the area, and not just from gotvapes, get delayed.

monarch79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
Portland, Oregon
sure .... hats no expensive then usps priority, if people order proiorty they bypass this issue, this issue seems to be with first class only

Who you callin a .... hat? :laugh:

Priority is still the only way to go... Ordered on the 24th, accepted on the 25th, delivered on the 27th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread