The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Shisha Tobacco?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by ZenCloud79, Feb 18, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ZenCloud79

ZenCloud79 Senior Member

Feb 12, 2018
    When I first started vaping I got this Shisha Tobacco premade juice that I really like. Its super smooth, dark and a tad sweet. Like egyptian hookah tobacco. Id like to buy a similar flavor to use in my mixes. Can anyone recommend something? Having never bought a standalone tobacco flavor and as an ex smoker its pretty overwhelming trying to decide which tobacco flavor to buy with soo many options. Thanks in advance.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. glasseye

glasseye Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2012
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Inawera makes a Shisha Tobacco. I haven't used it or had hookah tobacco but it might be a place to start.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ZenCloud79

ZenCloud79 Senior Member

Feb 12, 2018
    awesome thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZenCloud79

ZenCloud79 Senior Member

Feb 12, 2018
    From what im reading about shisha its just tobacco with molasses then mixed with other flavors. Can't seem to find a plain flavored shisha to use , i wonder if mixing molasses and regular tobacco would create a shisha flavor? Just have to find a good base tobacco for it

5. IDJoel

IDJoel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    From what I read; shisha is basically molasses, honey, and tobacco (sometimes fermented?).

TFA makes a Molasses concentrate. So does Wonder Flavours (WT-Molasses). (I have no experience with either)

There are a bunch of different Honey concentrates available.

The tobacco is (I think) going to be the key. There is an overwhelming numbers of choices. (and those are just the synthetics; there are also NETs and DIY NETs) There are leaf style, pipe style, and cigar style concentrates. I am a real green-horn, when it comes to tobaccos, but I think(?) Latakia is a fermented style.

There is a really good (and active) synthetic tobacco thread here: Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only
    You may want to spend a little time searching, reading, and asking your questions there. There are some very knowledgeable tobacco fiends participating on the thread.:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. ZenCloud79

ZenCloud79 Senior Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Right on thanks Joel, ill check out the tobacco thread

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. ZenCloud79

ZenCloud79 Senior Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Seems like molasses might have a high diketones content

8. IDJoel

IDJoel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    In the case of TFA's (the only one to declare approximate values:thumb:); yes, but not huge amounts:
    upload_2018-2-18_19-39-58.png
    (Source)
    The total combined DAAP exposure is going to be less than 1%... if you were to consume it straight from the bottle. Only a fraction is used in DIY. Even if you were to use 10% Molasses; your exposure would be <0.10% (and that's if you assume you are absorbing 100% of the vapor; which we know is not the case).

Of course, what is acceptable and what isn't, comes down to personal choice.

I have abused my body, with so many toxins over my lifetime, I don't personally stress about it; but I fully respect those who choose to avoid them. If a DAAP-free version is available, and it tastes as good, I will use it. But, if there isn't (or it tastes bad), I am not apposed to using the "tainted" concentrate.

Also, the WF-Molasses does not seem to contain any DAAPs, so that may be the better choice for you. I also just found a Real Flavors does a Molasses that is DAAP-free.

9. ZenCloud79

ZenCloud79 Senior Member

Feb 12, 2018
    I hear ya, I'm in the same boat. The body is quite amazing what it can withstand over the years. I'm not too picky about the harmful stuff, I'm sure what ever it is is way more safe than a regular cig. I ordered some of that molasses from Real Flavors to give it a try. Thanks for the link! I also ordered some tobacco flavors and a shisha mix to compare from Inawera.
    ARABIC TOBACCO, PYRAMID, MAXX BLEND, DESERT SHIP, SUNSET VIRGINIA, LATAKIA, SHISHA BILBERRY, TABACCO GIPSY KING, DARK FIRE, (all little 10ml to try out) and some HONEY
    from what the wiki says about Latakia, its smoked cured with aromatic woods and herbs, and a good blending agent might be the secret ticket to my shisha mix =)

• Like Like x 1
  10. ZenCloud79

ZenCloud79 Senior Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Good call on the Latakia, tastes awesome!!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.