Advice first tobacco attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
Just looking for some advice really digging high pg tobacco mixes like hangsen,dekang, boulder. I really like a light vanilla with American blend (mixed up two premades) I've done plenty of diy but with fruity sugary baked stuff.

Curious on some advice how much tobacco flavoring should I mix if I get some hangsen or inerwa tobacco flavoring? With a lot of my normal diy I'd go 15 to 20 percent flavoring but I'm guessing with tobacco you do not want to go that hard (probably overpowering?).

Also any recommendations I would like to make a good vanilla tobacco simple and maybe some sort of a good cigar tobacco similar to black and mild. These will be high pg mixes 70 to 80 9mg nic.

Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: David Wolf

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
A good place to start with these are:

Hangsen 5 - 7%
Inawera 3 - 5%

Start your base percentage at 50pg/50vg and adjust + or - from there.

Also tobacco will introduce a bite unlike other types of vapes (Sweet, deserty, fruity, candy like) which to many is a turn off. So to minimize the bite or harshness adjust your NIC percentage lower. For example if you usually vape at 12mg NIC start at 10mg.

Check here for some great reading on tobacco vapes.

Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Last edited:

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
A good place to start with these are:

Hangsen 5 - 7%
Inawera 3 - 5%

Start your base percentage at 50pg/50vg and adjust + or - from there.

Also tobacco will introduce a bite unlike other types of vapes (Sweet, deserty, fruity, candy like) which to many is a turn off. So to minimize the bite or harshness adjust your NIC percentage lower. For example if you usually vape at 12mg NIC start at 10mg.

Check here for some great reading on tobacco vapes.

Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

What's the steep time on tobacco style usually? Hoping for something that i can speed steep (i use crock pot method) and then i wait about 3 days and a lot of my desert stuff is ready to vape (not maximum flavor but damn good).

I've been tired of waiting on the slow boat from china to deliver my liquid so decided to dive in and attempt making it myself cheaper and a lot less wait.

Mainly be running this through my boulder pod system and ordering a kayfun v3 mini sxk today so when im home can use that instead of burning through pods like no tomorrow lol.

Thanks again man.

Reactions: David Wolf

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Just looking for some advice really digging high pg tobacco mixes like hangsen,dekang, boulder. I really like a light vanilla with American blend (mixed up two premades) I've done plenty of diy but with fruity sugary baked stuff.
Curious on some advice how much tobacco flavoring should I mix if I get some hangsen or inerwa tobacco flavoring? With a lot of my normal diy I'd go 15 to 20 percent flavoring but I'm guessing with tobacco you do not want to go that hard (probably overpowering?).
Also any recommendations I would like to make a good vanilla tobacco simple and maybe some sort of a good cigar tobacco similar to black and mild. These will be high pg mixes 70 to 80 9mg nic.
Might like to read:
Tobacco Vapers Please Come In
Not knowing tobaccos that well, 4 weeks minimum has worked for me.

Reactions: snkrumble

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
Thanks for the tips. I think I'll try mixing each flavor single at a low percent in glass warm it try it a few days later to feel them out and take it from there as far as mixing blends. Kinda try to feel them out on there own first. I have a ton of 8ml glass vials so gonna mix up 5ml samples in those.

Reactions: BrotherBob

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC

I vape NETs at 80pg/20vg, never found a Chinese tobacco I cares for but I think dekang is mostly what I tried. You might consider NET extracts from Naturally Extracted Tobacco or Real Tobacco Extracts (the 3X). Rather costly but very good and they don't require much seeping time in my opinion.

Reactions: snkrumble

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Thanks for the tips. I think I'll try mixing each flavor single at a low percent in glass warm it try it a few days later to feel them out and take it from there as far as mixing blends. Kinda try to feel them out on there own first. I have a ton of 8ml glass vials so gonna mix up 5ml samples in those.
@dannyv45's thread: Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only has an overwhelming amount of information on many of the commercially available tobacco flavor concentrates. With 200 pages of posts, you can make it more manageable, by using the search box found in the top right corner of every page. If you open the thread, and then use the search feature to search for specific flavors:
upload_2017-6-11_14-48-11.png

You can quickly find any reviews, critiques, strength preferences, and aging recommendations, that the contributors have shared. If you can't find anything specific to your inquiry, you can always post a question; they are all very helpful, as well as knowledgeable.

I am a firm believer in "try it fresh; try it often." If you don't know what it tastes like fresh how are you going to know how it changes (and when it is ready). I am NOT tobacco savvy by ANY measure. I have experience with less than half a dozen. But I have already discovered that I like Am4A (INW) after only three days; and I don't care for it nearly as much after 4 weeks. I never would have known this if I hadn't been tasting along the way. I like your plan to mix small samples at low percentages and taste repeatedly. Take good notes and I think you have a recipe for success!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread