Shockli cells at “demolition pricetag” - Grab 'em while you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barkuti

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2016
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Mmmkay saw this half a day ago or so and I must admit I've been fighting against myself to avoid buying what I don't really need. I also catched a cold prior to this AliExpress sale frenzy and I'm running some fever, making my @#$% harder.
Someone in BLF posted a 21700 4000mAh Shockli deal which left me in shock hours ago, down there it is with the remaining offers:

As an appetiser, 18650 3600mAh (cough!) cells, likely energy cell rewraps from some good manufacturer. The wrap's current rating is beyond
451.gif
overrated, while the capacity one is unreal too. Sub 8A cell, likely.

Next, some 18650 3000mAh cells, probably Samsung 30Qs.

Then, this 21700 3800mAh high power sale. According to their review at lygte-info.dk (they overheated a bit at 20A), probably safe to use at ≈18A. Mooch may have reviewed this cell with a different wrap (looks like it, see VRK 3750mAh “20A”, for example).

But not enough yet! They also rewrap the Lishen LS21700SA (3C or 12A) cell, selling it in packs for less than a lemonade's worth (Henrik reviewed it but I believe a mishap occured with the temp sensors, thus better check the Lii-40A review of the same cell; 12A is its official rating as far as I am aware).

Wellp, have fun and save some ;) if you will.

Last edited:

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
The worst thing you could possibly do as a vaper is buy rewrapped batteries at "demolition prices." That's an accident waiting to happen. I'll stick to Samsung, LG, Sony, and Sanyo. I'll pay more, but I won't have to worry about how much they've inflated their battery stats by.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
AliExpress also not a reliable battery source. Other stuff, sure. batteries not so much. Even (or especially) if those cells are well rated by @Mooch China Channel is not a reliable source for batteries Iirc. The could well be rewrapped crud even if they have a good name on them.

Barkuti

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2016
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
First of all, I didn't came here to tell you how should you proceed. And AliExpress is reliable if you know where and what to buy, there are reliable and communicative sellers. I know of at least a couple stores which sell first brand genuine cells (Aliya's and Lucky's). AliExpress, very much like this world and reality, is a free will zone. You already know this well here thanks to the Mooch versus :facepalm: Efest quarreling LoL. Developing discernment and the right way to believe is paramount for success.
I still haven't bought a single cell, and more than probably won't anyway. I could build a battery pack for e-bike or something like that but it's a lot of testing and assembly duty for an e-bike I don't have.
Yes, I can understand what you mean. Even if Shockli is a “decent” rewrapper I also find myself reluctant for some reason beyond those ridiculous wraps. :glare:
Take care.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've had a distaste for anything Alibaba or Ali Express since Andrew Wan of AW batteries warned on Candle Power forum that all of the AW batteries being sold there were counterfeit, and that was several years ago. Last time I recently checked, Alibaba still had AW batteries for sale, and we all know AW hasn't made a battery in 3 years.

I just refuse to buy from a company who intentially tries to deceive their customers for their own gain. Like Efest, who is now counterfeiting Molicel batteries. :facepalm:
The “Molicel P30A” battery doesn’t exist! It‘s an Efest creation.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Please can we not go down the freaking "I know how to use Ali Express like a Boss" road where you magically can sniff out the best deals and know what is fake and what isn't.

For one, it's BS. My kid, who is probably a FAR more expert shopper IN GENERAL than many people on here when it comes to Ali Express actually BUYS things he FULLY expects to be counterfeit, but still usable and then depending on what he gets, he negotiates with the seller keeping the item and how much "discount" he wants, then gets it.

There are 99 thing you can buy on Ali Express, but a Goli battery ain't one.

My kid also took me to reputable vendors for batteries, he is a former vaper and set me up so I would be less likely to die.

CAN it with the Ali Express MOST people aren't Ali Express wizards and don't need to be. Woo hoo for you if you ARE, but the majority of stuff sucks and if saving pennies on the dollar is USEFUL to you, great. There are tons of labor days sales THIS INSTANT.

Also, you always say you "know" and then you never reveal your sources. That tells me just how little you KNOW.

Anna

Barkuti

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2016
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
The deals are lapsed, I came here to share them. Period.
I refuse to go with senseless arguments. You have a lot more power than you may think. I could tell more, but no reason given the judgmental atmosphere.
Anna, if your kid has higher shopping skills than you that likely is due to his father's generic inheritance, his devotion to mastering the skill and/or probably other factors, too. Nothing is random, absolutely nothing.
I didn't buy the batteries, I had a long struggle with it but even if it seemed appealing, something in me said @#$% no. And I swear it was not because I believe the batteries are bad, it has more to do with just having two or three significant €uro digits in my bank account. However, I bought a custom $7 set of knife sharpening stones instead LoL, my knives will give thanks for it. :blush:

Reactions: hairtrigga

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My son's father was a crack head who squandered every penny he had. So UNLESS it was a highly recessive gene (LOL probably) then no, it wasn't the baby daddy. Husband number 2 (Appalachia man) is good husband of money so maybe there was some modeling there. Yes, I'm sure the kid did his RESEARCH, like ME I am a good researcher.

I'm just not interested in hearing from the mystery "Ali Baba boss" who won't share his sources. If you got stuff to share, share. Don't post lapsed deals and then rant on about like, buying a KINFE sharpener, that is useful to NO ONE.

Also, had I been lucky enough to have my daughter as planned, well, she would have been expert at making catastrophic errors followed by undignified recoveries and corrections until she were happy and content and well taken care of etc. (although she'd work for fun probably) and like, have an AWESOME dude and a great life and SHARP enough wit to point out that you DON'T win an argument about Ali Baba by saying instead of buying fake batteries you BOUGHT KNIFE sharpeners because all your knives are dull.

"Not the sharpest tool in the shed" is sort of what comes to mind after the ending to that tale. You also didn't tell us who/what/where why.

But a good journalist never reveals his sources, I suppose a good Ali Baba-ist never does either because then they'd get popular, tested for lead, and shut down.

Or whatever

Anna

Barkuti

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2016
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Anna, why are you taking my contribution so personally? Let me guess, is it because you can't believe it?
The fact you can't believe something does not make it impossible. Others may be able to manifest such a thing, namely depending on their development level.
I didn't say I use AliExpress as my main source of batteries, and neither I am an Alibaba boss nor I have “AliExpress sources”, just a rarely used brief list of sellers. I usually start with a few broad searches which I proceed to refine. Then I pick up the ad sales which look and feel “right” to me, among which I select my final choice.
For a more or less broad list of good international battery sources, check here: Massive post on where to get lithium-ion batteries everywhere in the world! Look at Post 2-5 for info, And Canada Post 123

Sorry about your drama. I've learned that whichever we attract to ourselves certainly has to do with us, though.
Wanna judge? I'll give you fodder if you wish, see #5 story in this thread: No money, want a flashlight? Sponsored by Gearbest, Banggood, SubSailorVet, CRX, FastTech, Thorfire, secret donor
I had to learn certain stuff concerning my spiritual endeavours. I've committed to my holistic healing and I'm certainly paying for it (ThetaHealing).
This article may be of help to you, at least the first half: About Psychic Attacks & Dark Negative Energies

Good afternoon. :)

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2018
Berlin
An old wise guy (well he was not that old :D) told me once, that when you buy a rechargable battery you buy Energy (in Wh). The amount of Energy you buy is a multiplication of the average Energy of the battery over time with the cycles a battery can reach.
You pay a price for future use and sometime (if battery is defective, or lose fast on quality) the price per Wh on a low-cost and low-quality battery is greater in comparison to a rather expensive, but high-quality battery.
We say in Germany, I am not that reach to allow my self cheap products...I think that is the main issue here...

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
lol I was sure this was a joke in bad taste. Not only did somebody think it would be smart to brand their cells as SHOCK-li—and surprise, surprise they're on clearance at an infamous retailer—but the guy is telling us to
"Grab 'em while you can"
with language that connotes an explosion, and then has the brass balls to get huffy when doubters speak out.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
lol I was sure this was a joke in bad taste. Not only did somebody think it would be smart to brand their cells as SHOCK-li—and surprise, surprise they're on clearance at an infamous retailer—but the guy is telling us to
"Grab 'em while you can"
with language that connotes an explosion, and then has the brass balls to get huffy when doubters speak out.
OP should post a disclaimer warning when announcing such "deals", which in reality are not deals at all for the vaping community here.

Last edited:

hairtrigga

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2019
Sydney Australia
ive made one post here but have been reading these forums for a year and a half or so.
I dont like discourse but i have to say Anna, wow, you seem to pop up in so many discussions with a holier than thou, narky attitude.
Its not so much your opinion, thats fine, and usually spot on & informative.
its the extra personal stuff you always seem add with it. Its not needed or called for in many instances.
I realise it takes two to tango, & i dont know all the feuds going on here but its just you seem to pop up more than most.
Krikey, chill out & try to be not so judgemental & or personal with comments you dont agree with.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
ive made one post here but have been reading these forums for a year and a half or so.
I dont like discourse but i have to say Anna, wow, you seem to pop up in so many discussions with a holier than thou, narky attitude.
Its not so much your opinion, thats fine, and usually spot on & informative.
its the extra personal stuff you always seem add with it. Its not needed or called for in many instances.
I realise it takes two to tango, & i dont know all the feuds going on here but its just you seem to pop up more than most.
Krikey, chill out & try to be not so judgemental & or personal with comments you dont agree with.
You’re in the minority with that one I suspect. A lot of people enjoy her writing style. May even find it one of the high points of the fourm.

Not to denigrate your opinion. You may not be the only one that has it. None the less you don’t have to read it. I have possibly the opposite writing style and I annoy a lot of people I’m sure. I suspect I’m fairly high on the all time ignored list if there is such a thing. Doesn’t bug me.

hairtrigga

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2019
Sydney Australia
I said i like her comments when she sticks to the issue.
Its my opinion, & i dont really care what others think, that she argues a lot of the time for nothing.
Or it must just be pure coincidence that a heap of the posts ive read she seems to be arguing with someone over usually trivial personal stuff?
Have a good one hey.
& sorry i got narky & or offensive, that is exactly what i was commenting about,
pot kettle black lol.
Sorry everyone, im not off to a great start
duly edited

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
im sorry did i say something to you?
I said i like her comments when she sticks to the issue.
Its my opinion, & i dont really care what others think mate, that she argues a lot of the time for nothing.
Or it must just be pure coincidence that a heap of the posts ive read she seems to be arguing with someone over usually trivial personal stuff.
Have a good one hey.
& sorry i got narky & or offensive, that is exactly what i was commenting about,
pot kettle black lol.
Sorry everyone, im not off to a great start
No. No you did not! Yet here I am shooting my mouth off anyway :D Totally unrepentant too. That’s the thing with public speech. All Internet forums are public speech.

I don’t worry about how I come off. I see no reason for you to worry either. You’re fine. There are mods. If it gets bad they will shut you up. They do it for me.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I only have one question, WTH is a "narky" attitude?

I have many more but I will take the high road, except for noting:

She who tries to please everyone, will have respect for no one, including herself. Self-respect and integrity means a lot more to me than YOUR opinion, and well, lurking for a year and half and your first post is about how much I SUCK? Golly, you might want to reassess the importance I carry in your life. I feel bad for you. Almost.

Mine was "Uggh I am trying to quit smoking on a DL setup with 12 mg nic I feel really ill, should I up my nic?" Members were super nice about that, and I would have been too..... were *I* not your "vaping problem."

I'm not your vaping problem, do yo have one? I'd be happy to chat about almost anything other than my "attitude" which is quite frankly none of your concern. You have the ability to vanish me from your life with the click of a button. Your choice.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I only have one question, WTH is a "narky" attitude?
ooh! Ooh! I think I know this one! It’s an attitude containing snark.
I have many more but I will take the high road, except for noting:

She who tries to please everyone, will have respect for no one, including herself. Self-respect and integrity means a lot more to me than YOUR opinion, and well, lurking for a year and half and your first post is about how much I SUCK? Golly, you might want to reassess the importance I carry in your life. I feel bad for you. Almost.

Mine was "Uggh I am trying to quit smoking on a DL setup with 12 mg nic I feel really ill, should I up my nic?" Members were super nice about that, and I would have been too..... were *I* not your "vaping problem."

I'm not your vaping problem, do yo have one? I'd be happy to chat about almost anything other than my "attitude" which is quite frankly none of your concern. You have the ability to vanish me from your life with the click of a button. Your choice.

Anna

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread