Shop online or in store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2pksAday

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2015
U.S
I've been shopping online primarily because it is considerably cheaper than B & M stores, although my husband did find and buy me (2) Aspire Nautilus systems for only $19.99 each at an actual store here this past Saturday.

I bought my MVP 20W from Vapor Beast (it was $29.99 with coupon)
I have been buying my Aspire BDC & BVC coils from MFS (My Freedom Smokes) because they had a 40% coupon making them less than $5.00 for a 5 pack.

I've been buying my e-liquid from Mt. Baker Vapor because their prices are very good, you can choose from a selection of pg/vg ratio's and you can even dabble a little and create your own juice (you create it, they make it)

You really have to do your homework though regardless of whether your shopping on line or in a B&M store as there are a LOT of closes (or fakes) out on the market these days. I have nothing against 'fakes' but from my personal experience, I would much rather spend the extra money and get the real thing.
The forum is a great resource as far as equipment and you can always find coupons both here and from 'google' for online stores.

ebriel

Verified Member
Nov 8, 2013
Peoria, AZ
Pretty much all online for me now because the closest B&M stores are further than I'm willing to go (I'm lazy, so let's say I won't go anywhere over 5 minutes away unless I NEED to, lol). Also, the local B&Ms don't really stock what I use/need anymore.

I DIY my juice, so that's online for the nic and flavorings.

Using a KFL+, so I just build my own coils at home and no longer need to buy them for my atomizer (I used a ProTank 2 Mini from the time that they were released until a few months ago - but I bought the coils online because they were about 1/2 the cost of the B&M store's prices).

I totally agree with 2pksAday as far as coupons, due diligence on prices, and avoiding fakes (although I prefer my KFL+ clone to my authentic).

2pksAday

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2015
U.S
I totally agree with 2pksAday as far as coupons, due diligence on prices, and avoiding fakes (although I prefer my KFL+ clone to my authentic).

Speaking of clones..just yesterday I found cloned 'colored' Nautilus glass/pyrex tanks. They were labeled as being clones (which I always appreciate when a vendor/seller does this) Has anyone bought and/or used these. I LOVED the colors, but I'm very hesitant to purchase them not knowing much about them. There were no posted reviews on them either ...

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I would love to be able to walk into a B&M and get what I need at a reasonable price. I would even pay a few extra dollars more for product in hand. But that mostly isn't the case. I have 1 store near me with decent prices but selection is limited. My favorite juice isn't in any B&M's though I am trying to get them to stock nicoticket.

Online I like eciggity.com, fasttech.com, myvaporstore.com, and a bunch of other sites for DIY juice making. And my fave juice is nicoticket.com

Kloverz158

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2015
ATL
Local B&M always over price but only if I have to I would. Online price is always better but I look it like this if im buying a mod over $100 I rather go to my local B&M due to if something is wrong I just like to walk in and tell them whats wrong versus online if you run to a problem you gotta contact them then send it in then wait for while. But I still do more shopping online.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Unfortunately, I am forced to BUY online, due to cost.... Wish I could afford the 25%-200% markup forced on the Brick and Mortar shops. I do buy Juice at local store once in a while. But here again the local shop fall short, as I prefer NET juices and most of the shops here, seem to cater mostly to the Never Smoked vaper.

2pksAday

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2015
U.S
This past Saturday, the B&M store I went to weren't too friendly..lol
They had quite a number of e-liquids on their shelves but at a $15-$20 price tag for a 15 ml bottle (they were glass bottles though so I'm not sure if that makes a difference) I asked the guy if I could possibly 'sample' some of the flavors they had available and his reply was a straight out 'NO!"
Needless to say, I didn't buy any e-liquids from him..

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
Retail stores have much more overhead than online stores. Thus their prices are usually much higher
than online retailers. They have to pay rent, employees, social security, taxes, electric, ETC.
You can find many online retailers right here or use that search engine we all love because it's our friend.
In the interest of fair play I won't recommend any but they're out there and in here too.

RipTodd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
Ripon, WI
www.rathkampdrums.com
I live in a small community without a B&M. There is a B&M about 30 miles from me and I'll stop in there if I'm in the area. I enjoy patronizing these small businesses, especially if they have knowledge I can tap into. I also understand their costs are higher, but the owner of this particular store will cut me a deal if I tell him or show him internet pricing. I always tell him I don't expect him to match, because he offers a value that, to me, is worth something.

Kloudz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Phoenix, Az
www.youtube.com
I'll venture to the B&M store to look at it in person and ask questions about a said product. If the shop sells it for what I can find it online for, then I'll probably buy it cuz once you figure in shipping and the wait time, it's worth it if you can have it now and pay 2 or 3 bucks extra imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread