Shopping for 2nd Mech - Paps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
I am looking for a mech and would appreciate some input or suggestions. Currently I have a couple regulated mods and a smpl. I purchased the smpl without any knowledge on mechs, and while it is great, I would like something that has a few built in safety features.

I have a good bit of requirements in what I am looking for, and I think this narrows down the product selection to the Paps, but I didn't know if there were other mods out there that fit the list. I am not completely opposed to buying a genuine paps, but I would need to save up, and if I could get a clone with 90% of the quality for 20% of the cost, I would. Unfortunately the quality Paps clones seem to have all gone away. Anyone know of where to get one?

I am not concerned with voltage drop. I vape around 1-1.5ohm at 15ish watts.

Here is what I am looking for:
  • 22MM
  • Non-Hybrid
  • Single Tube - not multiple pieces
  • Recessed button
  • Easy to use lock
  • Prefer very little design or etching
  • Prefer stainless steel for maintenance and durability
  • Easy to find parts
Please let me know what you think.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
A Paps definitely fits your criteria. You might also like a Gus mech, and they may still have some on clearance that are discontinued models. They carry a lot of spares also, and own their machine shop. They also have fuses built into the top cap for safety. If you buy one, may as well order some extra fuses, too, since you're buying from Greece.

We may or may not see Paps clones return ?

I bought an authentic Rangarok in SS for only $30. US made by VLS. I got it at Vaporrange a few months ago. Its 24mm though and quite a large chunk of metal!

Reactions: jjatl

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Currently I have a couple regulated mods and a smpl. I purchased the smpl without any knowledge on mechs, and while it is great, I would like something that has a few built in safety features.

I am not completely opposed to buying a genuine paps, but I would need to save up.

There are no safety features with a mechanical mod.
You are the safety feature. ;)

The GP clones are around, they just don't have the GP logo any longer.

An authentic 18650 GP is only $110 direct from the manufacturer.

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
A Paps definitely fits your criteria. You might also like a Gus mech, and they may still have some on clearance that are discontinued models. They carry a lot of spares also, and own their machine shop. They also have fuses built into the top cap for safety. If you buy one, may as well order some extra fuses, too, since you're buying from Greece.

We may or may not see Paps clones return ?

I bought an authentic Rangarok in SS for only $30. US made by VLS. I got it at Vaporrange a few months ago. Its 24mm though and quite a large chunk of metal!

I had never looked at the Gus Mods. Thanks for pointing those out. Do any of them have recessed buttons? I cannot tell.

There are no safety features with a mechanical mod.
You are the safety feature. ;)

The GP clones are around, they just don't have the GP logo any longer.

An authentic 18650 GP is only $110 direct from the manufacturer.

I think you know what I meant about Safety features - lock, insulators, vents, non-hybrid ;)

If you don't mind, would you be able to point me in the direction of the clones without the logos? The only ones that I saw were the SS ones at fastech, and from what I read, they were not nearly as nice as the brass ones that are sold out.

I will start saving for an authentic, and if I stumble across a good clone or used one in the classifieds, I will snag it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread