The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

shorter innokin itazte vtr extension

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by jgilk1, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jgilk1

jgilk1 Full Member Verified Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Rio Rancho
    any one know of or is any on in the process of making a shorter extension tube for the vtr? one that puts the device flush with or slightly above flush with the top of the device? (i googled and searched the forum for a bit but didn't find anything)

2. foliagegreen

foliagegreen Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2013
    New York, NY, USA
    You know I was thinking the exact same thing earlier today. Hopefully someone else would know that info. That piece wouldn't bother me as much as it does now if it just sat flush to the top of the device.

3. jgilk1

jgilk1 Full Member Verified Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Rio Rancho
    i drip and that ext 1/4-1/2" that sticks out the top makes it a ackward "gripper"

i mean its not bad if you have a dripper or shortty tank like the drunker but like the pt2 or any of the +19mm tanks full of liquid it gets rather top heavy... or why innokin didnt make it for 20-22 mm devices

4. Saltraker

Saltraker Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2013
    Hannibal, Missouri
    Now what did I do with my hacksaw?:unsure:

5. Portertown

Portertown Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2013
    Greenville, NC, USA
    I am getting ready to put the saw to my VTR. I am going to cut the cage off so I can use my Kayfun Lites on it without the extension. I am going to build a new cage with a larger diameter out of stainless steel and bolt it to the top cap of the VTR. I have taken the top cap off and it is thick enough to put bolts into it. I don't think the rotating 510 connector is strong enough to hold a large tank like a Kayfun Lite without a new larger cage to support the top of the tank. What I am thinking will work for the larger cage is to cut a flat piece of stainless steel that can be bolted to the top cap and cut a 1/8 inch long piece off of 1 inch stainless steel tubing. I will fishmouth one end of the flat stainless steel and weld the round piece cut from the tubing to it.

6. foliagegreen

foliagegreen Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2013
    New York, NY, USA
    let me know if you go through with this. i thought about cutting the cage myself, but i agree that it might not support a KFL on its own. gah innokin should've went with a larger diameter lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.