Status
Not open for further replies.

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
Now what did I do with my hacksaw?:unsure:

I am getting ready to put the saw to my VTR. I am going to cut the cage off so I can use my Kayfun Lites on it without the extension. I am going to build a new cage with a larger diameter out of stainless steel and bolt it to the top cap of the VTR. I have taken the top cap off and it is thick enough to put bolts into it. I don't think the rotating 510 connector is strong enough to hold a large tank like a Kayfun Lite without a new larger cage to support the top of the tank. What I am thinking will work for the larger cage is to cut a flat piece of stainless steel that can be bolted to the top cap and cut a 1/8 inch long piece off of 1 inch stainless steel tubing. I will fishmouth one end of the flat stainless steel and weld the round piece cut from the tubing to it.

foliagegreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2013
New York, NY, USA
I am getting ready to put the saw to my VTR. I am going to cut the cage off so I can use my Kayfun Lites on it without the extension. I am going to build a new cage with a larger diameter out of stainless steel and bolt it to the top cap of the VTR. I have taken the top cap off and it is thick enough to put bolts into it. I don't think the rotating 510 connector is strong enough to hold a large tank like a Kayfun Lite without a new larger cage to support the top of the tank. What I am thinking will work for the larger cage is to cut a flat piece of stainless steel that can be bolted to the top cap and cut a 1/8 inch long piece off of 1 inch stainless steel tubing. I will fishmouth one end of the flat stainless steel and weld the round piece cut from the tubing to it.

let me know if you go through with this. i thought about cutting the cage myself, but i agree that it might not support a KFL on its own. gah innokin should've went with a larger diameter lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread