Should I be careful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You will get nic overload symptoms if you vape too much. If you aren't getting symptoms of that (yawning, headaches, nausea, lightheadedness, hiccups, feeling woozy and whatnot) you are probably fine.

Classwife's solution is undoubtedly the simplest. I chain vape at certain times of day, but when I am busy I don't.

Depending on your nic level you can raise it if you want and see if you go through less juice, but I would expect your nicotine level would be substantially equivalent all things being equal.

I personally wouldn't worry but it's completely your call.

Anna

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
I wouldn’t. What’s your nicotine level? I used to smoke a pack a day so chain vaping doesn’t worry me. I also am at 8mg of nic. I’m sure if I upped it I would crave less but would I vape less? At this point I enjoy it too much to cut down. If you want to vape less I would suggest increasing your nicotine
I am using the Juul,so the nicotine level is 40mg per pod.I vape a pod a day...

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think a lot of folks go through about one a day if they're substituting for a pack of cigarettes etc. I think it's kind of designed that way? Are you using the 59 mg/ml strength pods? That wouldn't worry me a bit unless you were going from 3 cigarettes a day to a pod a day, They are just really designed for the smoker who goes to the gas station every day for their cigs (it's convenient) and then one day they are like "maybe I will try that Juul thing."

At my local gas station I watched on lady do exactly that. She came back for more pods later, but like she appeared happy and successful.

I don't think this is anything extraordinary to be frank.

Anna

Reactions: Eskie

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
I think the body is generally good at letting you know when you're doing something in excess. When I was chain vaping high PG liquids on nights out with my first refillable clearomisers, I'd sometimes wake up with a sore throat. Solution to that = don't chain vape high PG liquids for hours at a time.

Don't take this the wrong way but I get the feeling from your posts that you're maybe overthinking things a bit? It sounds to me like in terms of giving up smoking you're a success story and things are working out for you. If you're worried about going through too many pods maybe think about changing set ups which might be cheaper although admittedly less convenient!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I know the juul has helped many people, but it's not very good imo. I have been a mtl vapor for over 7 years doing rtas, lately I have been curious about the juul, especially for vacations where it would be convenient to bring, so I purchased one. It's pretty lame compared to regular mtl kits that are popular on the forums. The vapor production, flavors, and overall satisfaction is definitely on the low end. So keep with it and hopefully it works, but there are much much better options. Good luck

PodVaper

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2019
Asia-Pacific
I find that my mouth is very dry while vaping,and I drink more water then I used to...I guess it’s a good thing,but my mouth is constantly dry
Hi Gue Ting Xuan,
Since I'm new to vaping too and also using pods, I had the same (actually still having it) a dry mouth. It's a pretty common symptom, as others had stated already especially when I had just starting it out. Water helps in overall and should be good (healthier too) but not much with the symtpoms as I still have those symptoms too. I believe its getting better day to day after refreshing with some water time to time.
Be well,

Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
When I first quit it was with Vuse. Similar pod like thing with 48 mg nic. I vaped 2 a day. When I went to "real" vape gear (eGo pen type not exactly cutting edge) I vaped mtl 2 ml a day of 24 mg juice or 48 mg a day. About what you're getting from one pod with Juul. So nothing abnormal about your use.

I find that my mouth is very dry while vaping,and I drink more water then I used to...I guess it’s a good thing,but my mouth is constantly dry

Dry mouth is seen with almost all vaping. Drinking water or using hard candy is the only way to deal with it. It's not harmful or a sign anything is wrong with your vape.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Had to chime in here. What your experiencing is absolutely nothing to worry about but I would advise looking at other ways of vaping such as one of the more traditional methods using a battery and a new style tank which are very efficient.

I'm yet to try nic salts in a pod situation but from what I have heard they can encourage an increasing usage due to the way salt nic is more readily absorbed into your blood stream. So nicotine level quickly reach a peek and then drop down whereas freebase nic is a much more slow constant level. So in other words you are much less likely to distinguish the lowering of your nic levels which stimulate you to take another puff with freebase and the opposite with salt nic.

Good luck to you and plenty of advice here about other ways of vaping for your style :)

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
There is no way to measure how much vape equals how many cigs. You simply vape until you stop craving nicotine. Dont worry about it, dont try to overthink it. You already said in another post that you are using a juul, these have 50mg/ml of nicotine. You are at the max nicotine level you can get as it is.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
well, i do vape and use pods, they are the perfect complement.
my 1st attempt to quit smoking with vaping was so easy, them break uout with ma-girl, ended up smoking again, but now, well, but a year ago, i do smoke seldom, maybe after a intense moment or when heavy stressed out, pods have helped me a lot, stealth hits, discrete, ultra portable and the more convenient fact, the juice last longer and so are some pod cartridges with some liquids, so im quite happy cuz pods have helped me to control the anxiety, i have also noticided dizzy, nausea and pretty thirsty, pods have more nic, compared to freebase eliquids,

REgards,

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It’s very good.I just find that constantly hitting every 15min is bothering me.I mean it’s like a drug abuse...in some sense
Nicotine is an addictive drug. Since vaping is a less efficient way to receive nicotine into our system, many of us find we have to resort to hitting the vape more frequently than we would a cigarette.

It gets better, I assure you.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
It is drug abuse less harmful than smoking surely, but yeah nicotine is a drug.

I bet it settles down a bit too, once your smoking detox is over.

Anna
It’s like a habit,been vaping like this for 2 week since I got my Juul.Today while watching a movie with my family I went to the toilet twice to vape my Juul

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well you gotta decide if it as good habit or a bad habit for you, dude.

Also habits can be changed.

I can go like13 hours without vaping, when I'm at work. I do use snus, but the hand to mouth habit is not at play for me at work. I never allowed it to become one, so it's not something miss or crave.

If you are finding your habit problematic, then change it. To be brutally honest. It's all up to you, NO ONE can decide what is right... for you.

You seem to be alive and well since you keep posting here. So, it's not harming you, at least short term we know that.

I have never seen a new vaper so hung up o "is this okay" and everyone else's opinions, I must say. Jeez. Fix your habit or don't but there are gonna be no magic words given out to say "oh that's so great!"" or "Oh that is so tragically terrible!"

It's all on you. Do what you wish.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Vchick

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Just curious Gue Ting, do you not want to vape around your family?
Good on you man. Sounds like you are doing great.

I know when I first started vaping I hit my vape device way more often than a cigarette. I like to think it was my body's way of saying "heck yeah man this is great" where smoking my body says "oh no not this junk again"...

Things settled down after a few weeks and now I take a few puffs, put it down then take a few more later. Perhaps a couple of minutes later or perhaps 20 or 30. Hang in there dude. The ride is crazy at first. But you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread