Should I bring CBD juice with me on the plane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John2453

Mar 23, 2018
I'm going to Florida tomorrow, and I use CBD juice help with anxiety and I want to take it on the plane. The farm bill in 2018 allows people to travel with CBD products that contain no more than 0.3% thc, and hemp derived CBD products that are approved by the FDA. Last year I brought it on the plane, and nothing happened. That stuff was not fda approved but it had a little thc in it and the stuff I have right now has no thc and is completely from hemp. But is it not fda approved. Are they gonna even check it? Because they deal with thousands of people every day, and they dont have time to read the little text on the bottle. It says "CBD vape" in big white letters on the sides. Should I take it anyway, or leave it at home? Because I got on the plane last time with no problem. I do have medication with me as well.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I cannot imagine, if you have pure CBD without more than trace amounts of THC (I don't think they can get EVERYTHING out) you'd have a problem.

You could always shove it I a shampoo bottle or something if you are worried. I don't think drug sniffing dogs are gonna attack a sealed bottle of whatever shampoo of your choice. I also sincerely doubt the TSA agents are going to care.

Don't get me wrong, I could be wrong but you say you have done it before with no issues, I really think you will be fine.

Alternately, you could just buy a small supply of CBD of your choice once you reach your destination If you want. It is not hard to obtain or anything.

Anna

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
OP, my guess is you've made your decision and may be on your plane as I type this but I'll toss my 2 cents in just in case. Your product is completely legal, and there is nothing to worry about - with one caveat. If you catch someone having a bad day, they could give you some trouble. It wouldn't amount to anything in the end, but could be quite a hassle potentially. The odds of that happening are extremely low though.

TSA isn't looking for cannabis, let alone hemp-derived CBD products. If they were to find anything they suspect may be illegal, they would call the local police to come investigate. If your bottle is clearly labeled you should be golden. I'd also take your receipt or laboratory paperwork if you've got 'em, just to be extra safe.

At the end of the day though the worst that can happen is a hassle. It's legal, and it's legal to travel with.

ETA: I do not suggest hiding it / making it harder to find. Keep it in plain sight, where ever you would normally keep it. If they suspect there's a reason it's being hidden, the chance for hassle goes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread