Should i get a variable mod? and what atomizer works best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScootenNewton

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Grand Junction, Colorado
To be honest, i'm not really sure what battery i currently have. I'm fairly new to vaping. I stopped smoking tobacco about two weeks ago. I am really getting into the hobby and want to upgrade to a variable battery or mod (whatever its called) but i don't know what tank and atomizer to get. I currently have the vivi nova 2.0ml tank and i'm not sure what the atomizer is. I just want to get the most vapor i can, but keep my nicotine level at about 18-24. If you guys have any other suggestions on what to do please let me know. I don't know if the vapor is controlled by the variable mod or the atomizer.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
Variable voltage/wattage is nice because it allows you to taylor the power to your selected juice, or your particular style of carto/atty. There are all kinds of price ranges out there, you don't necessarily have to go top-of-the-line right off the bat. If you end up getting one, you want an IMR battery. Go quality for safety, there are a lot of good vendors with decent prices and good batteries, but don't just go for the cheapest battery you can find. PM Me if you want suggestions or vendors to try.

When I got my first VV device, I toyed around with it, gradually increasing voltage until I started to taste a little burnt flavor, then backed it down again. That's how I go with all my juices and cartos/attys now. It's amazing, even the same cartos from different manufacturing batches can vary slightly.

A higher percentage of VG in your juice will yield more vapor. The higher the VG, the more vapor. I really like 100% VG, but usually vape 50/50 since higher VG can gunk up cartos & attys. It's a world of trade off's. :2c:

Last edited:
Yes might as well get one now, you'll want one eventually and it will help insure you will be satisfied with the substitution. And your right about the "hobby" aspect, that is exactly what it becomes. I have a Provari Mini. Great device, but it's definitely an investment. My back up is the KSD KMax, which I received 4 days ago and I'm very satisfied. The device is only $40 with free shipping, though it takes about a week in a half to get it to the states. You'll need to invest in batteries, a charger, and a tank as well. The cost shouldn't get over $60 bucks for everything. You won't regret it.

$40.57 KSD Kmax Telescoping Variable Voltage E-Cigarette Mod Battery Compartment - VV / VW / brass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
You can use any atomizer with 510 threading with whatever mod you decide on, like your Vivi Nova.

Most of the tanks that vendors sell are called clearomizers. Your Vivi Nova has a tank to hold juice and an atomizer that is already inside. The part where the wicks lead to holds the atomizer inside. Other examples are the protank, the CE4/5/etc..., or the Evod. Most of these will work with a mod as well. As far as which is the best, it is more of a personal preference.

Some people use carto-tanks. These use tanks to hold the juice and the juice is turned to vapor through the cartomizers inside of the tank. By the time I got to the point in which I would use these, I started getting into rebuildables, which are yet another kind of that are out there.

If you decide to go for the mod, do not buy a 'kit'.' They usually contain crap batteries and chargers. Get the mod by itself and do yourself a favor and get decent batteries/a charger. This is more expensive, but safety cannot be a worthwhile sacrifice.

I have a Vamo and a Sigelei Zmax . Both are awesome. The zmax is a better mod, but the vamo is cheaper.

a well-made eGo Twist variable voltage battery is the best place for people who are looking to customize their vaping experience.

It will allow you to "dial up" or "dial down" to get the right amount of flavor, throat hit and vapor.

From there, you'll have a better idea if that's enough or if you need something even more customizable. For the majority of esmokers, the twist is all they'll ever need.

i have looked into the "twist" vv batteries. but i didn't know if they worked well. The problem i was facing is i didn't want to buy one of those and a couple weeks down the road, want a better one.

The Twist work great. I've had one as a back up to my PoVari for 3 months with no problems. I got the KMax as a replacement back up so I could use external batteries. I didn't like having to plug in the unit itself to charge. This way I always have a battery charged and ready to go.

Of course you could get 2 Twist, but as I said earlier, your gonna want a mod eventually.

Yes might as well get one now, you'll want one eventually and it will help insure you will be satisfied with the substitution. And your right about the "hobby" aspect, that is exactly what it becomes. I have a Provari Mini. Great device, but it's definitely an investment. My back up is the KSD KMax, which I received 4 days ago and I'm very satisfied. The device is only $40 with free shipping, though it takes about a week in a half to get it to the states. You'll need to invest in batteries, a charger, and a tank as well. The cost shouldn't get over $60 bucks for everything. You won't regret it.

$40.57 KSD Kmax Telescoping Variable Voltage E-Cigarette Mod Battery Compartment - VV / VW / brass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Update:

It was a pretty short run. I really liked the Kmax. I really enjoyed the variable voltage option. It fired fantastic. Tonight it separated at a joint it probably shouldn't have. While I am sure I can probably fix this, I'm sure this is probably a deal breaker for most, and rightly so.

20130914_013719.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread