Status
Not open for further replies.

SueandCootie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2009
south central Mass
Thank you for your reply, roughing up the surface you say, you mean like with sandpaper abrasive?

And I see that you noticed the nail polish I have is cheap, yes it is. But that's why I have got this satin sealer. I chose satin over the gloss, because I didn't really know whether we wanted the finished product to be chrome-like, or semi-matt like the istick for example?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I didn't see your nail polish brand...my eyes aren't that good for a small pic!!...but I have many fun shades here bought in lots from ebay for little money to play with. Sadly my job means using nail polish on nails doesn't work! I would be inclined to rough the surfaces with either a super fine sandpaper or a scotch bright type pad for the finishes to adhere better, although the sandpaper would work easier if roughing gently by hand I would think. Maybe try a small piece first? I don't want to lead you astray...I'm wondering too if some mods might have a protective coat over the metal/plating as well. Random thoughts from the resident machinist here!

I was told today, by a woman, my nails have amazing shape, and were better than hers!!

uploadfromtaptalk1415378739751.jpg

Anyway, mod is all primed, spraying different sections red, metallic pewter and (metallic) antique gold. Will of course post photos when finished, but right now I am finding certain intricate areas fiddly to mask (the buttons for example). Am thinking Blu-Tack (picture adhesive putty) would work?

By the way, I kinda roughened up the surface more than suggested, but after the primer was applied it looks 100% smooth.

uploadfromtaptalk1415712504904.jpg
OK, after a few days 1) "roughing up the surface", 2) priming, 3) painting (3.5 realizing glittering nail polish does not work over (dry) enamel spray paint), 4) clear (satin) sealing on 2 of these "KSD e Huge 26650 mods" here is one color combination (the other one is drying still, has red button/display piece, red bottom spring, red glittery "beauty ring", red posts, etc, etc. Not perfect, but my first try. Not sure if the paint will stick though as the silver is already brushing off around the buttons. Oh and it looks like the plastic display is permanently messed up since taking off the insulator tape?

uploadfromtaptalk1415712504904.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415712523395.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415712523395.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 42

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
View attachment 388745
OK, after a few days 1) "roughing up the surface", 2) priming, 3) painting (3.5 realizing glittering nail polish does not work over (dry) enamel spray paint), 4) clear (satin) sealing on 2 of these "KSD e Huge 26650 mods" here is one color combination (the other one is drying still, has red button/display piece, red bottom spring, red glittery "beauty ring", red posts, etc, etc. Not perfect, but my first try. Not sure if the paint will stick though as the silver is already brushing off around the buttons. Oh and it looks like the plastic display is permanently messed up since taking off the insulator tape?

View attachment 388745

Nicely done, it looks great!

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
View attachment 388745

View attachment 388745

This looks awesome. Hope the paint stays after all of the hard work!

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
PTMK, I think it looks great. You are braver than I. Good job.:)

Okay, here are my last 2 sticks naked. I have 2 wraps coming and will decide which 2 out of 4 to wrap for awhile. For those of us that still love carto tanks...they work amazing on these sticks.:)

Wow Cat!!!!!......Divine and Perfectly Dripping in Sparkly Bling. Glad to see your enjoying your Sticks too. They really are fun and very handy for grab and go 'packing quite a punch for such tiny little things'!!!!!
The battery life is amazing. I carry 3 in my little purse for work and love coming home and only refilling the tanks without having to recharge them daily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SueandCootie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2009
south central Mass
View attachment 388745

View attachment 388745

I agree it Does look neat! I was afraid the nail polish might be a wild card on paint compatibility... kinda a been there done that thing, with the newer paint formulations and such...it is fun having a set-up that no one else has tho! Worth the effort!!

Vapiing pet

Oct 27, 2014
Pennsylvania
Not as impressive as some stuff I see here but...for the time being it's better than nothing. I put a jewelry clasp on the ring so I can easily interchange the charms. The beads match my tank colors tho only black is in the pic. I just ordered silo tanks so I guess I'll need to make bigger rings

20141112_063437.jpg
20141112_063521.jpg
20141112_063806.jpg
20141112_063908.jpg
20141112_064001.jpg

Sideways pics....awesome. That's what I get from posting from my phone....

Last edited:

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
I figure I've been stalking this thread for long enough, I might as well post. I don't have anything pink, nor super girly, but my mod isn't one you'd commonly see a guy using.

20141112_140348.jpg Sorry for sideways pic, blasted phone...

I do like some of the stuff I've seen in this thread, but I'm more of a work boots and mud covered jeans type of girl.

I figure I've been stalking this thread for long enough, I might as well post. I don't have anything pink, nor super girly, but my mod isn't one you'd commonly see a guy using.

View attachment 389053 Sorry for sideways pic, blasted phone...

I do like some of the stuff I've seen in this thread, but I'm more of a work boots and mud covered jeans type of girl.
Love the satin pink drip tip [emoji7]

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
Love the satin pink drip tip [emoji7]

To be honest, that's the picture. Irl it's an aluminum tip in a lavender color. I placed an order for UniqVapor's closing sale and they ran out of a couple things I wanted. One of the tips and a tank. So they doubled my order on another tip and the other tank and threw this tip in to make up for the price difference. They guessed well considering I only had one other purple item in the original cart! :D

Edit: (Especially considering half the order was for the bf - skull tips and what not!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread