Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Exactly what steps do I take to get the freebies?

Just select your option, then you will see the Add a Sample button. :)

Alcohol inks are great to play with. Did this with the alcohol inks and sea sponges :) clean your mod with rubbing alcohol, tape off the areas you don't want inked, - put gloves on - the inks will stain your skin :) dab the colors on, let them dry, and then seal with Krylon clear coat :) If you don't like it - you can remove it with rubbing alcohol before you put the clear coat on .

View attachment 390252

Jacqui...... where ya been! Hi! :) That is very nice.... love your work.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Well. It's only been 2 hours, but... As chance would have it, I set my PV and e-pipe down when I came in this afternoon, looked over and had to take a pic.
More manly than girly, but I like it.
image.jpg

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
HELLO!
Lo...lo..lo.......
Hm... Only echos.
Hate to see a good thread die...

Hasn't ANYONE done any pretties lately?

I've got a stash of drip tips coming in and some new colored tanks and a new phone. It's been awhile since I've dressed everything up for a photo. I might have to do that.

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
I bought that Orochi Mech Mod that kept calling my name at my local B & M and a Magma Dripper. I can now build a dual coil setup and am lovin this thing. I've even managed to make it look a little girlie. Pics to come even though they're not my speciality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SueandCootie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2009
south central Mass
Well. It's only been 2 hours, but... As chance would have it, I set my PV and e-pipe down when I came in this afternoon, looked over and had to take a pic.
More manly than girly, but I like it.
View attachment 391367

Hey we ladies like our saws too, although it's the miter saw that does it for me...older house+lots of 70's paneling+needs updating= lots and lots of molding. By the case. I love my miter saw.

And don't worry...I am officially supplied for holiday pretties...I just refuse until after Turkey day. My autumn colors are still too pretty! Well ok got two Christmas pretties going, but not ready for the group holiday pic quite yet...

SueandCootie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2009
south central Mass
:laugh: I'm just now playing with these nail stickers I got last week to go with my holiday and gold tanks...I'm impressed with these!!! The adhesive on them is really aggressive...I was thinking I would need to add something to make them stay put, but I think they're gonna last a good long time! Nice size to add to clear tank sections..

1x 108 Pcs 3D Gold Flowers Nail Art Stickers Decals for Nail Tips Decorations | eBay

Bukket5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
Anchorage
:laugh: I'm just now playing with these nail stickers I got last week to go with my holiday and gold tanks...I'm impressed with these!!! The adhesive on them is really aggressive...I was thinking I would need to add something to make them stay put, but I think they're gonna last a good long time! Nice size to add to clear tank sections..

1x 108 Pcs 3D Gold Flowers Nail Art Stickers Decals for Nail Tips Decorations | eBay

You can use clear nail polish over them to keep the edges from coming up and juice off of them. It comes out crystal clear on a tank! I love using nail art stickers.

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States

Can we see the finished result?? Please!!!

I finally got my (first) pretty pink thing :) I had to wait to get the new phone, LOL, so i could send a pic
View attachment 390307

Alcohol inks are great to play with. Did this with the alcohol inks and sea sponges :) clean your mod with rubbing alcohol, tape off the areas you don't want inked, - put gloves on - the inks will stain your skin :) dab the colors on, let them dry, and then seal with Krylon clear coat :) If you don't like it - you can remove it with rubbing alcohol before you put the clear coat on .

View attachment 390252

See this is what I would want to do, but after searching online, alchohol ink is not readily available in the UK. On Amazon, yes, but it is very very expensive just for one color.

You mentioned sealing it with clear coat. I understand that, this is what I used to seal the enamel model spray. But without the clear coat, I was under the impression that alcohol ink was permanent anyway?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

SueandCootie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2009
south central Mass
This is a quickie pic... I haven't sealed these on in any way, since I'm curious about how they'll hold up, and I've honestly found that by the time things start looking a little worn, I'm ready for a change anyway!

I'm having to resist just putting these on everything, but I have others on the way...

DSC_0079.jpg

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
See this is what I would want to do, but after searching online, alchohol ink is not readily available in the UK. On Amazon, yes, but it is very very expensive just for one color.

You mentioned sealing it with clear coat. I understand that, this is what I used to seal the enamel model spray. But without the clear coat, I was under the impression that alcohol ink was permanent anyway?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
You can use India Ink, Ink pad ink, or even make your own.
if you take a color pen and pull out the little spongy cartridge, you can put it in a bottle with some rubbing alcohol and let it set over night and you have your ink to put on the mod.

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
This is a quickie pic... I haven't sealed these on in any way, since I'm curious about how they'll hold up, and I've honestly found that by the time things start looking a little worn, I'm ready for a change anyway!

I'm having to resist just putting these on everything, but I have others on the way...

View attachment 392074

These are beautiful!! I'm inspired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread