SI T3 & Coil Head Availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainguy059

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2012
Indiana
I'm going to make a couple of assumptions. First, the SI T3 will be in our hands sooner than later. And second, it will be as good or better than the "other guy's" T3 I've used exclusively for 2-3 weeks now. Judging by the way these are flying off the shelves, I'd say the popularity of the T3 has been generally underestimated. And the heads disappear from stock almost before they're in stock.

So, since this is voting season, I vote that SI introduce the heads within a couple of weeks of their T3 intro. I'm certain once my fellow Volties get their hands on the SI T3, they will fly off the shelf along with the T3 heads. Can you say pent up demand??

mudhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
versailles mo.
I'm going to make a couple of assumptions. First, the SI T3 will be in our hands sooner than later. And second, it will be as good or better than the "other guy's" T3 I've used exclusively for 2-3 weeks now. Judging by the way these are flying off the shelves, I'd say the popularity of the T3 has been generally underestimated. And the heads disappear from stock almost before they're in stock.

So, since this is voting season, I vote that SI introduce the heads within a couple of weeks of their T3 intro. I'm certain once my fellow Volties get their hands on the SI T3, they will fly off the shelf along with the T3 heads. Can you say pent up demand??

as far as the replacement coils go,,,,,,i just felt that i needed one just in case of ?

when i ordered my second T3 i also ordered a replacement coil,,,it just seems natural to have backups...don't you think ?

Trainguy059

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2012
Indiana
I ordered 10 with my T3s. You never know when one might be doa or missing seals or.....? Since I'm well into week 3 with the original head, I may be good for several months. Maintenance is minimal with these things. I've thoroughly cleaned the tank in hot soapy water a couple of times just to get the grunge off but usually just flush it out with hot water between fills. A pipe cleaner will prove very useful in the tank's air tube. There's a surprising amount of ????? which collects in the tube. I soak the heads in hot water for a few minutes blow everything dry and refill. No dry burns yet since I don't want to risk torching those shorty wicks. The REALLY nice thing about the T3s is no leaks. Not even a drop on the battery post. This is a really cleaver redundant sealing system that can even be "throttled" somewhat to help control gurgles and compensate for thicker juices.

as far as the replacement coils go,,,,,,i just felt that i needed one just in case of ?

when i ordered my second T3 i also ordered a replacement coil,,,it just seems natural to have backups...don't you think ?

Trainguy059

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2012
Indiana
I'm sure SI knows that we Volties have a significant investment in our X2s. In today's economy, I'm in hopes they don't view a $7 delivery system as a throwaway every 2-4 weeks. With $2.50 in head maintenance cost in the same time period, the T3 could easily become the most economical vaping solution out there. Unfortunately, the eGo T3 is about 3 threads short of screwing right on the X2. In fact, it will screw on but may put undue axial force on the battery terminal. So the design change is not significant. It's a matter of what kind of minimum order is required to accommodate the X2s. Now, if the design calls for an 808 thread on the T3, that would be a significant design change and could be a no-go. Either way, I agree that without the SI heads, my X2s will probably gather a lot of dust. I'll continue to use them with the CE3 and cone when I'm out and about but my workhorse may have to come from the dark side :(

I'd kinda like to come back to using X2 batteries, but if S.I. doesn't sell replacement coils for the T3, it's just not going to happen.

J.R.

Moonstruck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2009
Colorado
well if they don't sell replacement coils.........they are going to have a lot of folks jump ship on them.....just a question of supply and demand,,or is that backwards ?

I agree, Larry. It makes no sense whatsoever to order T-3s without the replacement heads.

Without the replacement coils, the T-3 is just another throw-away. And I'm just not willing to spend more than a few bucks for a disposable. So even though I'd like to stay vendor loyal, I won't be ordering any T-3s from SI if I can't also get the replacement coils in the same order.

I think more than enough SI customers have voiced this same opinion, so I guess it's up to SI to decide whether they want to risk losing all this business.

mudhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
versailles mo.
I think SI isn't sure how these will go over, but I do believe offering replacement heads is a good move for them. People are most likely gonna grab a couple of spares when they order the T3 , I know I would.

just look across the ECF forums,,,they all order extra replacement coils with their orders of T3s,,,it just makes sense to me.

trichman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
USA
Imagine never said they wouldn't carry them. She only indicated that they would not be part of the initial order. That may have changed but knowing SI, I will be very surprised if they don't carry them. I have 4 T3's and about 10 replacement heads. The heads and wicks can be rinsed pretty clean for reuse. I have 1 that I have maintained this way and it is going on 4 weeks. Just my .02.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I’m taking a wait and see attitude. Although this may have changed, I believe that S.I. didn’t originally intend to sell replacement coils. What suggests that to me is the X2 clearomizer. It’s basically like the Vision clearo on the dark side. The newer version of the Vision clearo has replaceable coils, but S.I. never made the change with the X2 clearo. I guess that could be a manufacturer issue.

J.R.

mudhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
versailles mo.
I’m taking a wait and see attitude. Although this may have changed, I believe that S.I. didn’t originally intend to sell replacement coils. What suggests that to me is the X2 clearomizer. It’s basically like the Vision clearo on the dark side. The newer version of the Vision clearo has replaceable coils, but S.I. never made the change with the X2 clearo. I guess that could be a manufacturer issue.

J.R.

point taken!

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Carrying extra heads was one of my first questions on the T3 when it was first announced, and Imagine did say that whether they do or not would be dictated by demand, so I feel pretty confident that they eventually will. I'm guessing that they're probably waiting because nobody has any heads to replace yet, and there might be tweaks necessary once they come out. If it were me, I'd wanna be sure that they're fully functional before I stock that really big minimum order quantity of them (SI's are probably custom, to work with the 808s).

mudhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
versailles mo.
Carrying extra heads was one of my first questions on the T3 when it was first announced, and Imagine did say that whether they do or not would be dictated by demand, so I feel pretty confident that they eventually will. I'm guessing that they're probably waiting because nobody has any heads to replace yet, and there might be tweaks necessary once they come out. If it were me, I'd wanna be sure that they're fully functional before I stock that really big minimum order quantity of them (SI's are probably custom, to work with the 808s).

believe me,,,,,these puppies are fully functional,,,,they are the best clearomizer i have ever used,,,,,you could not steal this thing from me,,,short of me breaking your arm,,,,,i looooooovvvvve these things,,,,the best vaping product i have tried to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread