Sigelei 150W TC-Firing in TC mode without Nickel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreeZyCloudZ

Sep 23, 2015
NC
So I recently bought the sigelei 150w tc and been looking up some stuff and it says it will only work in temp mode with either nickel or titanium, but i whipped up a quick spiral wire build of kanthal, SS, and Ni80 and its firing fine. It seems to be holding temp as well. Is this normal? And is this safe? Just thought it was very strange.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
its doing what it can with the parameters you set when you que'd it in... you either have a lowish ohm build and the software is accepting it, but not really doing its job properly.... the software takes into account the resistance of nickel wire to be a standard, so it takes that info and when you set the temp it reads the resistance and then varies the voltage to the coil in an attempt to match what resistance the coil should be at at a specific voltage

kinda like having software in your car for cruise control... the software sez your engine should be at 2000 rpm in 5th gear to be going 70mph. If you force the gear to be in 4th, the engine will rev up higher to make the car go 70mph. By using a higher ohm per inch wire ( instead of Ni orTi) the chip will make the system work differently.... you will still go 70, but your gas mileage will be terrible :)

BreeZyCloudZ

Sep 23, 2015
NC
its doing what it can with the parameters you set when you que'd it in... you either have a lowish ohm build and the software is accepting it, but not really doing its job properly.... the software takes into account the resistance of nickel wire to be a standard, so it takes that info and when you set the temp it reads the resistance and then varies the voltage to the coil in an attempt to match what resistance the coil should be at at a specific voltage

kinda like having software in your car for cruise control... the software sez your engine should be at 2000 rpm in 5th gear to be going 70mph. If you force the gear to be in 4th, the engine will rev up higher to make the car go 70mph. By using a higher ohm per inch wire ( instead of Ni orTi) the chip will make the system work differently.... you will still go 70, but your gas mileage will be terrible :)
Dam thank you man! This is the first clear answer ive received. Its definately working but I knew there had to be some glitch where its not working "properly". So i guess i should put in wattage mode til my titanium gets here?

serene.in.dallas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Dam thank you man! This is the first clear answer ive received. Its definately working but I knew there had to be some glitch where its not working "properly". So i guess i should put in wattage mode til my titanium gets here?

The sig 150tc doesn't technically support titanium. It will be off and you will have to play with the settings to get it to your liking, and it will never work quite as well as a mod that specifically supports titanium. But it does "kind of" work. Even titanium supported TC mods are finicky, due to the different temperature coefficients of different brands of titanium wire. I do know the sig 150tc will also regulate temperature with stainless steel coils, Ive done it with my crown .25 coils. Again, its off but works better than you would think. Ive done the same thing using a n80, ss, and kanthal coil I wrapped then made it into a fused clapton. Didn't try it on TC though. Its perfectly safe to vape it in TC, but again, it won't really work quite right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread