Sigelei 30W Owners Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomiz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Alabama
Here is mine i received it a few days ago and so far, i am loving it the vape is much better than my dna clone but i do not have a normal dna to compare it to. i like that it has a 1 year warranty. i am looking forward to more of the new sigelei mods coming out

i am so far not having the issue where it quits reading flat top batteries

twolostminds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2009
Picked up my Sig 30 a week ago and feel it is both a step forward and step back from the my Sig 20. I love the new battery cap, getting rid of the spring will take care of that nasty intermittent overheating problem. On the down side, Sigelei decided to to change the spring loaded 510 connection to a screw adjustable one. This can become a hassle when changing atomizers of different styles or manufacturers. All in all still a good reliable and consistent vape.

Jomiz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Alabama
Yeah I agree the adjustable screw 510 can be a little annoying.
I'm glad you are enjoying yours I think they're great
Picked up my Sig 30 a week ago and feel it is both a step forward and step back from the my Sig 20. I love the new battery cap, getting rid of the spring will take care of that nasty intermittent overheating problem. On the down side, Sigelei decided to to change the spring loaded 510 connection to a screw adjustable one. This can become a hassle when changing atomizers of different styles or manufacturers. All in all still a good reliable and consistent vape.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
Yeah I agree the adjustable screw 510 can be a little annoying.
I'm glad you are enjoying yours I think they're great

c'mon , the adjustable screw is a lot better than a spring which will wear out. just carry one of those small two-sided screwdrivers that come with the kayfuns or a lot of other attys. i don't change toppers that often and it is nice to know that whatever i put on the 30 will fit perfectly. my only problem has been to get the wattage adjustment to stop on the exact watts without wizzing by. it takes a little learning but i think i finally have got it. all-in-all, the 30 has proven to be my favorite tube mod. just feels good in your hand and the vaping seems better. the fact that i can switch to any build and/or topper is nice. it is definitely numero uno in my book and the old 33.3 chip mods can now be retired or given away. the only thing that remains to be tested is reliability- but if it is anything like my older sigelei flat top v3 which is still going strong coming up on two years, it shouldn't be a problem. a great inexpensive mod compared to the dna30 mods on the market....

twolostminds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2009
c'mon , the adjustable screw is a lot better than a spring which will wear out. just carry one of those small two-sided screwdrivers that come with the kayfuns or a lot of other attys. i don't change toppers that often and it is nice to know that whatever i put on the 30 will fit perfectly. my only problem has been to get the wattage adjustment to stop on the exact watts without wizzing by. it takes a little learning but i think i finally have got it. all-in-all, the 30 has proven to be my favorite tube mod. just feels good in your hand and the vaping seems better. the fact that i can switch to any build and/or topper is nice. it is definitely numero uno in my book and the old 33.3 chip mods can now be retired or given away. the only thing that remains to be tested is reliability- but if it is anything like my older sigelei flat top v3 which is still going strong coming up on two years, it shouldn't be a problem. a great inexpensive mod compared to the dna30 mods on the market....

The screw/spring loaded 510 connection is just a matter of preference and convenience. Some will see the screw 510 connection as a step forward, others a step back. With that minor exception I am loving everything else about my Sig30.

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Outskirts of Detroit Rock City
Been using mine for about a week now. I like it. Using button tops due to a few concerns I read about using flat tops with it - seems fine for the time being.

I thought I had a defective one at first -the mod kept turning off. Appears now that I didnt have the hang of the threaded battery cap. must have bee a little bit loose?

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Been using this for a solid two weeks chain vaping, started out vaping 2.0-1.4 ohms now at .7 ohm at 12-17 watts with fogger V4, I like it a lot only wish it had step down regulation also.

I had mine for two weeks now and it started to have problems few days ago with the Sony V4 flat top batteries cutting off became a pain, yesterday I stuck a dime between the screw and battery and the problem went away for now, hasn't cut off once so far.

Jomiz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 1, 2014
    Alabama
    very nice fix there

Been using this for a solid two weeks chain vaping, started out vaping 2.0-1.4 ohms now at .7 ohm at 12-17 watts with fogger V4, I like it a lot only wish it had step down regulation also.

I had mine for two weeks now and it started to have problems few days ago with the Sony V4 flat top batteries cutting off became a pain, yesterday I stuck a dime between the screw and battery and the problem went away for now, hasn't cut off once so far.

Tombotronic

Verified Member
    Feb 25, 2013
    CT
    I got mine a week ago at VCCNE in Springfield Mass. So far so good. I have had no problems at all. It seems to work great with the Kanger Genitank Mega, and the Kayfun 3.1 as well as with the vtc5 batteries I have been using. If it continues to perform as well as it has been, I can lay my desire for a DNA30 mod to rest. If there winds up being a problem and Sigelei honors the year warranty they claim, then that should be fine also.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't

Monday it stop working with my flat top batteries even with my dime fix, so that's only a temporary FIX that I see as do more damage and don't suggest. What I observed was with the dime, I was putting more pressure on the battery than I should have, therefore forcing something to change physically in the casing and lost it's ability to make the positive battery connection, thereby making my flat top batteries useless with this device. I've made contact with the vendor who said send it back and they're ship out a new.

Yesterday it went into the mail and I already miss my baby.

I suggest that only button top batteries be used with Sigelei-30. IMO: be cautious when screwing in the bottom connector to the casing, the screw on the bottom has the ability to apply a whole lot of pressure to the battery transferring that pressure to the top of the battery and where it meets the casing.. Nice and as cool as the new screw in the bottom is IMO sticking with a spring would have been a better idea and less prone to causing problems/failure with the device in the long run.

Last edited:

genesishep

Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2014
    Vermont, USA
    www.t3chlust.com
    Mine came in today. Looks and works great although my Aero tank looks tiny on it. Now I really need to make that decision on an RTA soon.

This thing is heavy! But smaller than I had feared it would be. Those YouTube video reviews always make these seem HUGE due to the up close camera angles.

~ Genesis

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." Mark Twain

- Sent from Tapatalk from my Moto X.

genesishep

Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2014
    Vermont, USA
    www.t3chlust.com
    OK... love, love, loving this thing so much. This is my first APV, an upgrade from my previous Ego-Vv.

All I can say is...Wow... this thing hits so hard...I build my own coils and use cotton wicks on my Aerotank but can only imagine what this would do with a true rebuildable RTA. I put myself on a budget (and asked my girlfriend to help talk me out of going on a buying frenzy) that I'd want more goodies once this got here but... August is SO far away and.. I NEED a true RTA.

I keep checking to see if my "Verified Member" status has been approved so I can access the classified section on the forums. I mean, if I see a steal there I would HAVE TO act quick and grab it right?? ;)

~ Genesis

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." Mark Twain

Jomiz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 1, 2014
    Alabama
    try getting a Kayfun you can find some nice clones on angelcigs

OK... love, love, loving this thing so much. This is my first APV, an upgrade from my previous Ego-Vv.

All I can say is...Wow... this thing hits so hard...I build my own coils and use cotton wicks on my Aerotank but can only imagine what this would do with a true rebuildable RTA. I put myself on a budget (and asked my girlfriend to help talk me out of going on a buying frenzy) that I'd want more goodies once this got here but... August is SO far away and.. I NEED a true RTA.

I keep checking to see if my "Verified Member" status has been approved so I can access the classified section on the forums. I mean, if I see a steal there I would HAVE TO act quick and grab it right?? ;)

~ Genesis

genesishep

Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2014
    Vermont, USA
    www.t3chlust.com
    try getting a Kayfun you can find some nice clones on angelcigs

Thanks! I'll check them out. I've been eying a few clones and one original that is within my self imposed "budget".

My criteria:

1. Must be a tank system with decent capacity as if prefer to fill and go.

2. I'd like to be able to change coils/wicks without emptying my tank. So far the only RTA's I'm aware of that do this and are within my budget are the Taifun clone, the eXpromizer and the SQuape clone.

3. I'd prefer one that allows for single coil builds but it's not a deal breaker if dual was required.

If anyone has other suggestions I would love to hear them as I'm completely open to other options.

Thanks again for the suggestion, I'll check them out.

~ Genesis

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I've been using the fogger 4.1, it's dual coil with air flow adjustment and I like it enough to recommend it. keep in mind there will be a learning curve just like with any new vaping equipment. I'm happy using 32 ga wire with a 5/64 bit, I found that the coil works better with winding the wire around smaller bit with cotton gotten from CVS drug store.

It's not a clone and can be gottent here for $23.95 Fogger V4 RBA Rebuildable Atomizer

Taken from their website - All orders that are more than US$15 will be shipped by Registered Airmail free(with tracking number)

I haven't purchased from them yet but will soon, only thing I suggest is make sure it's in stock and being shipped from their USA warehouse.

regal55

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2013
    york,PA
    Personally I haven't had that problem

Mines in shipping but I know if I run my aerotak at 10W it will burn some juices, this will run all kanger tanks with a 10W coils as a mechanical (no regulation). I have a DNA30 tube with the same issue. Now once the battery drops its like a provari.
    I can't wait till the sx350 chip which has down regulation becomes the norm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread