Sigelei Fuchai 213 - Am I the only one satisfied with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is V1.1 and it's the least efficient mod I've ever owned. Using the same batteries, wattage and atomizer my YiHi powered 150tc, og 100w and DNA powered vt133 all have about 30% longer run time. Probably longer. With my other mods 2 sets of HG2s will last me all day at over 100w with a looooong ramp up. With the 213 I need 4 sets and they're all dead when I get home.

The integrated charger is garbage. It will say the batteries are 100% but after about 10 pulls it's back down to 80%. The DNA charger doesn't do that. It's like using a slow external charger.
The voltage meter for the batteries is 0.2v too high, saying my batteries are at 4.4v when a DMM says 4.17v.
After a few rips at 100w or when pulsing my coils the mod gets hot...very hot. All of my other mods stay pretty cool even chain vaping at their max wattage.
I've never been so unhappy with a product.

I loved Sigelei's mods till they started making crap like the Fuchai (the 213 and the 200w) and the Spark...you can barely get a battery in it without breaking the PVC and once you get it in there it's stuck. You can't get it back out because theres no ribbon! Plus the magnets fell out.

I will never own another Sigelei product. There are too many people making quality chips and devices to ever give Sigelei another dime.

The only thing I'll say about the TC is that it's reaaaaally bad. They didn't give you enough decimal places for TCR/TFR and even if they did it wouldn't matter. vaping in VW is way more predictable than the TC. There's no telling what the vape is going to be like. One hit will be too hot and the next one won't even fire. I only use 316l and using a custom TFR, TCR, and the built in 316 my infrared thermometer was never even close to the temp I set. Not only could it not get the temp right but it couldn't even make a predictable temperature. It was different every time by 50 degrees fahrenheit.
It's pretty bad when kanger tech...the lowest of the low can out perform the 213 in TC.

Oh wow sounds like bad news for you. Mine is v1.1 as well but I haven't had the issues you've had. This is only my second TV mod my first being the kanger topbox mini kit do maybe my opinion on it could be a little biased (think that's the word I'm looking for) as for the decimal points for TCR and TFR, it was my understanding to just enter the numbers in up to the 4th point. So .00333 just ends up .0033 that's how I've been using it and it seems to be working well for me at least. Hits consistently, if anything maybe slightly in the weaker side compared to my kanger at least..
I use 2 lg HG2s as well and they slide in and out without an issue and haven't had any damage to the wraps or anything of the sort. I typically use an external charger for charging my batteries because no matter what any company claims, charging internally makes me extremely nervous. But I did try using the on board charging the other day since I didn't have my nitecore with me. With the charging cable plugged into a 2A wall charger it seemed to charge pretty fast to me. I'm not sure of the exact time but I'd say it charges my batteries from about half to full in roughly and hour or so.

And as far as battery life goes, I don't vape at very high watts or anything but when I'm using TC I run the crown .5 ss at 380 - 440 with preheat set at 60 for . 01 sec and I'll get a day and a half before I charge the batteries. That's just using it when I'm driving around the different jobs for work, driving home and using it for a few hours at home

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
The wrap issue is in the Spark, not the 213. You have the same issues even if you don't know yet. Yes, it charges the batteries fast but they aren't charged at all. Compare the run time of batteries charged via usb vs an external charger.

And ignoring the 5th decimal place is kind of shoddy. No one else does that. Just Sig.

If thats only your second mod, you aren't going to notice the shortcomings of the TC and runtime. Especially if your base for comparison is Kanger.

And don't take these posts the wrong way, I'm sure you're a great guy. I just hate that Sigelei made good, reliable and consistent mods and then used their good name and lies to push out a bunch of mods before the deadline.
It will bite them though. Vaping will continue and so will the companies. Sigelei just won't have any customers left...not the ones that were there from the beginning.
I'll never forget them lying about the firmware updates, the superior TC, the efficiency and I definately won't forget how they threatened to sue a reviewer because he told the truth and wasn't swayed by their free swag.
I also hate that they are going to use my money and yours to try this crap again.

Use a YiHi or a DNA mod dude, you'll see.
The difference is night and day. Especially when you run your mod pretty hard. Or you're using TC on 9 wraps of 22/34 316l in your RTA...the difference in performance is laughable. No contest. Sigelei's TC is broken, yo.

Oh I gotcha, sorry kind of read that post quickly and missed it. Absolutely no offense taken whatsoever, one of the reasons I made this post was to hear other people's opinions were on it and I really appreciate all the feedback from everyone so far. I'm not defending what sigelei did at all, that's some extremely shady stuff they pulled and the only reason I ended up with this mod because I walked into the vape shop to buy something completely different, they didn't have it, and I ended up doing something stupid and bought this without looking into it. Knowing what I know now and didn't know at the time, I definitely won't be buying anything from them after I move on to a new device. And everything said still applies but this is my 2nd mod that does TC not my second mod ever but you're right I don't really have anything truly solid to compare it to. I guess my vaping needs don't really push my mod to to any extremes so yeah if this thing will keep working how it has for me ill run it until it craps out on me, however short or long that may end up being lol.

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
As much as I hate it, I can't kill it. I've dropped it many times. It has the same, quality 510 my other Sigelei's have.
I use it to pulse my coils now. It will live the rest of it's life firing 155w on my desk. Usually a process that takes the cells from 4.16 down to 3.8...lol. For what ever reason it will fire a 0.08 ohm coil long enough to work it up to 0.12. That's worth 44 bucks I guess.

When the battery meter reads around 70% to 60%, take the batteries out and swap them. Other wise it will keep hitting that same cell hard all day. The DNA is the only mod I don't need to do that with.

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
The cells are in series. One cell dumps power through the next cell in line and that one fires the atty. To make that connection power must also flow out of the atty and back into the cell we started with to complete the circuit. As the power goes through the coil, some of it is spent heating the coil and what's left goes into the cell. Therefore more energy left the one cell than was put back into the next.
In a series mod you're always hitting one cell harder than the other. That's why you use married sets of batteries...2 identical cells with the same internal resistance.

If you keep hitting that same battery over and over again, you'll reduce it's capacity faster than you should.
To eleminate this, you just rotate them periodically.

With the Fuchai, I used the mod till the batteries wouldn't fire 100w anymore and checked them with a DMM. They were off by 0.1v
Did the same thing with the DNA and the difference was only 0.01
I think they use some load balancing technology that I can't explain.

I still rotate them though.

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
No problem. That's why when you're browsing online vape stores, you'll see a disclaimer stating that you should have a diecent understanding of electrical systems and high drain batteries. It's not hard to make a mod explode or reduce you're battery's lifespan. If you haven't Google'd proper high drain battery handling, and some basic explinations of mods and how they work, you need to. These things can really be dangerous. There is a serious amount of energy in these cells and if they get too hot, the cell will get more and more excited until the lithium ignites. Once it ignites, there is no putting it out. It has to burn out.
There is some good literiture in the stickies of their respective subs right here on ECF.

Yeah I hear what you mean. I definitely feel like I have at least a decent basic knowledge of battery safety thanks to spending a decent amount of time browsing ecf when I bought my first 18650 mod. But it's definitely easy to take these things for granted. I'm always surprised at when I go into some of these B&Ms and they just send whatever battery out the door without giving any information to the customer about them. That's why I'm thankful for websites like ecf cause without them and all the people willing to help if probably either be missing a few fingers by now or still using some knock off ego pen lol

Hello everyone, this is my very first post , i too bought the sigelei fuchai 213 and thought it was worthless in temperature control mode. I've been vaping for about 3 months now and I have experience absolutely the same thing everyone else has in the previous posts and also did the check with the infrared thermometer shooting directly at the coil. When in TC mode I have it set for 50 Watts at .01 seconds with the temperature around 400. One thing I have noticed is if I do increase the seconds I do not see much of a difference and I increased it all the way up to 3 seconds. I've about wore the buttons out trying to figure out how the wattage, the seconds and the temperature all correlate to each other but with the previous settings I just stated I do find the coils maintain a certain temperature but I have no clue what it is, and with chain vaping it does seem to get hotter each time and the infrared thermometer has confirmed that as well. So whether this is what sigelei intended or we are working with faulty mods I have no clue, I did read that when you hold the fire button down and close the battery door you will be able to see which firmware your mod is, I've heard that the firmware 1.1 are the good ones and the ones with firmware 1.0 are the bad ones, mine is a 1.0. As messed up as this sounds I'm glad others are having the same issues I'm having. I just ordered an X Cube Ultra and I'm going to see how that works on temperature control. I learned early on that stainless steel coils are the way to go and that's what I am wrapping myself, The Taste and maintenance are much better than Kanthal. Looking forward to hearing from anyone else who is made progress in figuring out this temperature control puzzle,as a result of this I'm probably done with sigelei products forever... I'm currently using the sigelei fuchai 213 with a tfv8 cloud Beast

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Hello everyone, this is my very first post , i too bought the sigelei fuchai 213 and thought it was worthless in temperature control mode. I've been vaping for about 3 months now and I have experience absolutely the same thing everyone else has in the previous posts and also did the check with the infrared thermometer shooting directly at the coil. When in TC mode I have it set for 50 Watts at .01 seconds with the temperature around 400. One thing I have noticed is if I do increase the seconds I do not see much of a difference and I increased it all the way up to 3 seconds. I've about wore the buttons out trying to figure out how the wattage, the seconds and the temperature all correlate to each other but with the previous settings I just stated I do find the coils maintain a certain temperature but I have no clue what it is, and with chain vaping it does seem to get hotter each time and the infrared thermometer has confirmed that as well. So whether this is what sigelei intended or we are working with faulty mods I have no clue, I did read that when you hold the fire button down and close the battery door you will be able to see which firmware your mod is, I've heard that the firmware 1.1 are the good ones and the ones with firmware 1.0 are the bad ones, mine is a 1.0. As messed up as this sounds I'm glad others are having the same issues I'm having. I just ordered an X Cube Ultra and I'm going to see how that works on temperature control. I learned early on that stainless steel coils are the way to go and that's what I am wrapping myself, The Taste and maintenance are much better than Kanthal. Looking forward to hearing from anyone else who is made progress in figuring out this temperature control puzzle,as a result of this I'm probably done with sigelei products forever... I'm currently using the sigelei fuchai 213 with a tfv8 cloud Beast

The TFR settings work a lot better, still not great but a lot better.

Smok mods do not do great TC but I have never tried the Xcube ultra, only the Alien, hpriv and treebox plus.

If you really want the best TC experience then you would want either a Hohmtech G2 or Slice, DNA200 or 250 mod or a Yihi mod in that order. These are generally considered the most accurate for TC on the market, I own all 3 and can attest to how great they are. The DNA is probably the most accurate but also has the biggest learning curve to get the mod setup right. There is plenty of info on the web about the DNA so if your diligent enough you can get it done. I only put the Hohmtech mods above it because you do all the adjustments on the mod itself and it's ability to TC any metal.

I would stay away from the DNA75, it is not as efficient and has an amp limit. While it does provide a great TC vape the limitations can be a real negative compared to the DNA200 or 250. Not sure on the new DNA75C but that is barely making it to market so the jury is out.

For a value mod the Smoant Battestar does TC well, not as good as the other 3 I mentioned above but still enjoyable.

Most manufacturers see TC as a niche since probably 80% of vapers are power only users. There not going to spend too much time and effort into TC if most of there customers don't care. If you really think TC is for you then stop messing with the other brands and get a Hohmtech, DNA or Yihi mod and be done with it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

EBE1

May 30, 2017
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
Thanks for your suggestions, I'm fairly new to vaping and with all the various mods, tanks, rda's, whatever... you'll be lucky to get the right combination the first time, regardless of the hundreds of hours of research on these devices and products. One very interesting option I came across is apparently there is a guy in Russia who has corrected the problem with the fuchai 213,after soldering a few points on the circuit board and making it firmware upgradeable he was able to wipe out the existing firmware and upload new firmware that he has called the "Vortex mod" , which is basically a DNA firmware clone. Everything looks legit and he has written and extremely detailed instruction PDF ,in English, with pictures explaining the whole process. Now whether or not I would trust it and attempt it is another story but I found it very interesting. All Things Considered the fuchai 213 is still a great power mod with a good preheat function.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
I like sigelei products, and have a duo-3 on the way, don't have the 213.. What i noticed is, in 2 battery mode, the duo is rated at 170 watts, and in three battery mods 255 (i think).. and is definitely using a fuchai chip.. so i think they are starting to rate more realistically.. but for someone who needs to fit large atties and vapes under 155 watts, they are a great mod with lovely screen in the plus version. The duo looks a tad nicer to me and can fit 30 mm flush, so i'm looking forward to using it with my aerotank turbo and 2x0.25 TC MTL vaporshark coils for an intense 0.13 TC tootle!

Of course what they did to Daniel of DJLSB vapes was wrong, but he did say they apologised and the guy that threatened him was fired, so I don't think there's any reason to boycott sigelei anymore.
I'd use a 213, no probs. I like them.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
No sir, I am delighted with my collection of SIGELEI mods including the 213.. check out my video I did for a contest a while ago, these mods have taken a BEATING and continue to work like a charm.

Let's not spam the video all over the forums please.

Reactions: Vesh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread