ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
Thanks guys.
pemypesa.jpg

pyjyzy3e.jpg

Please forgive my phone pics, best I can do while I'm at work.

Thanks again

Anyone else notice that the fire button on this one is drilled into the threads for the bottom cap? That's like two I've seen like that now. Mine doesn't penetrate those threads...

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
My #8 is the same as astrocity. My #13 is just above the threads. China QA.

The real question is though does that mean the switch is slightly lower on the tube than those that are not this way? Or are there just some extra threads cut into the inside of the tube? The first might run into problems with the fire pin getting stopped in travel by hitting the delrin piece that the brass spring cup is secured into, especially if you are using washers or something to shorten the throw. The second isn't maybe as important but does imply less metal for contact.

Lhartman89

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Canal Winchester, Ohio
I hate to double post - but I fixed it. Who would have thought it WOULD NOT fire, when the button was attached all the way on to the "shaft" lol. What kind of garbage is that, seriously.....SMH. It's got to be out pretty far and it's going to fall apart so I guess my next step is to find a replacement machine screw in brass for the switch contact and I can cut it for plenty of length, so it can be secured correctly.

This can't be a one off thing - what are the rest of you guys doing to avoid this problem? I don't want to bond the 2 together so I can remove if necessary. Needless to say, I won't be firing low ohm setups with this mech in it's current condition - I'm afraid it will fall apart and something will blow up, lol.

Thanks again for all of your suggestions, it was Lhartman89 who had this to try, but all of your advice would have caught this if I had the working meter.

I'll still be replacing the meter so I can test the battery level on my mech mods - How are you guys determining if it's still safe to use?

I had the same problem and that is how I fixed it lol.

To secure the button head to the firing pin, you can use a little blue loctite as that will allow you to take the switch apart if you have to and it won't come apart while using it. Make sure the button lock nut is all the way off/back toward the tube. That can cause problems too if it is not completely off.

Last edited:

Rader2146

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Waco, TX
This can't be a one off thing -

It nearly is...

The thread diameter is slightly smaller that a M3 x .5 screw but the thread pitch is .7, which doesnt match any common ISO standard. A 4-40 might be close enough to work but would probably take some persuasion.

One of my 8's came with very sloppy threads and stripped after having to tighten the button a few times. I'm still looking for a suitable replacement for the pin, but haven't been trying very hard since my other 8 is working like a champ.

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
I've said it before and I'll say it again... one of the big vendors of these things NEEDS to convince Sigelei into shipping them an inventory of spare parts... springs, posts, switches, thready delrin bits, etc. A vendor that can swing that will always get my first look when I go shopping... promise! :D

Anvan

Apr 26, 2013
Orange County
Hey guys, I got my #13b (yeah i know...) in the mail yesterday from a rather kind fellow and shipped it to me along with the bottom cap for a #13a. So as you can imagine the only thing i'm missing is the metal switch so i can use the better built bottom cap (the one without the spring issue).
Is there any way to use something besides the original piece to put in there? Or is there some place i can get that original part?

stimps403

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2011
SoCal
Hey guys, I got my #13b (yeah i know...) in the mail yesterday from a rather kind fellow and shipped it to me along with the bottom cap for a #13a. So as you can imagine the only thing i'm missing is the metal switch so i can use the better built bottom cap (the one without the spring issue).
Is there any way to use something besides the original piece to put in there? Or is there some place i can get that original part?

Not aware of any vendors that sell parts. I've heard that the EA switch fits.

WinchellNomNom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Phoenix
My second 19 came in today. Was asked for pictures of the 510 sanded on the top cap. Pics below.

Just insert your carto into the opposite end of the top cap and insert into your drill. Then grind the top cap down on a flat surface graced with sand paper. Getting the 510 flush takes about 15 seconds with 220grit. If you want to remove the slope I would suggest 100 grit or lower.

20130503_130424_zpsc7fd59a5.jpg

20130503_130456_zpsd1417851.jpg

20130503_131643_zps75065739.jpg

Last edited:

TroyDestroy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
texas
My second 19 came in today. Was asked for pictures of the 510 sanded on the top cap. Pics below.

Just insert your carto into the opposite end of the top cap and insert into your drill. Then grind the top cap down on a flat surface graced with sand paper. Getting the 510 flush takes about 15 seconds with 220grit. If you want to remove the slope I would suggest 100 grit or lower.

20130503_130424_zpsc7fd59a5.jpg

20130503_130456_zpsd1417851.jpg

20130503_131643_zps75065739.jpg

thats quite a looker!
where are you getting your #19's from? I am still awaiting mine from vaportekusa....

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
I contacted Vaportekusa.com about a spare 13a topcap for the #19 I ordered and he seemed to think it wouldn't be too hard to get, though he hasn't sent me a price or anything yet.

Wow! Let us know how THAT goes? I'm hoping at least one vendor will stock spare parts for these things... I was thinking a cap off of a #8 would work too... maybe the same thing as the 13?

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
Im still waiting for 1 from vaportek. I got these 2 from sun vapers.

The 19 is my favorite beater mod at the moment.

Omg, my heart skipped a beat when I saw "this is not a pre-order, this item is in stock" then I scrolled down to hit the button and get one of these beauties... out of stock :(

Winchell your modding and refinishing skills are... inspiring. Makes me want a #19 even more than I did already.

WinchellNomNom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Phoenix
Not crazy about my #19 - getting a lot of misfires. When I screw down the locking ring, half the time I end up unscrewing the button.

Sometimes the button seems to even unscrew itself....? Do I need to put some loctite on there or what?

Mine dont unscrew unless I want them to. I also dont use the lock ring. It wont fire standing on a table unlocked, more so with the stock spring. I guess if you carry in a pocket that may be a different matter. My lock ring is smooth opening and closing on one 19 and rougher on the other. Sigelei QC ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread