Not open for further replies.

Josh Sense

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
New Orleans, La
soundcloud.com
What's that you say?

Kidneypuncher has the Bagua clones (the Chigua, as some call it.) for about $35?
I already have a brass one, but might as well get a stainless one another another brass.

Bag-you.jpg

got them in this evening, and in about 5 minutes I went Two-tone with them

I have named them, the twin "bag-you's"
twotone.jpg

I have more than 10 sigelei mechanical mods, they're great beater mods, I never cry when one gets worn out/dropped/beaten up, and usually with a few tweaks you can customize them to have a pretty decent appearance. (in other words, i have multiples of each, and this thread turned into a hobby for me.)

Next I'm going to look at doing the top cap mod that gets rid of the top ring, if i can find the tools.

Josh Sense

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
New Orleans, La
soundcloud.com
I guess it might be common knowledge by this point,

but the brass bagua clone doesn't appear to be brass.. or stainless.

I have another of the brass ones that i've been beating up at work for 3 weeks, decided to brush it today. Didn't like that, figured I have 11 other sigelei mechs, so I put it in vinegar / salt. after almost an hour, nothing. Hit it with the butane torch for 10 minutes.. it got a much deeper gold/brass look to it.

put it in the oven for close to a hour set at 500. It changed color, I took it out, put it in a ice water bath, color changed back to the gold/brass it was after I hit it with the torch.

used pliers /gloves, held it over the blue flame of the stovetop for 10-15 minutes. changed color, color changed back.

next and last thing I guess I'm going to try is to go back to the white vinegar and let it soak overnight.

Josh Sense

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
New Orleans, La
soundcloud.com
but the brass bagua clone doesn't appear to be brass.. or stainless.

I have another of the brass ones that i've been beating up at work for 3 weeks, decided to brush it today. Didn't like that, figured I have 11 other sigelei mechs, so I put it in vinegar / salt.

My chemistry was off. Tried vinegar / peroxide and 30 minutes later, I found the bowl full of green water and foamy stuff. I took it out, washed it, hit it with steel wool, washed again, and lightly polished...

Dat Patina Tho, it's a 1890's sigelei bagua. (looks better in person due to lighting.)

datpatinatho.jpg

NamVet68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Orlando, Florida
home.roadrunner.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread