Sigelei meteor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
Does anyone have this rdta? What are your thoughts on it? How do you wick it?

I cant seem to wick this thing that good. I keep tasting cotton. Not like a real bad dry it, but like its not wicking well. Seems like it just doesnt have enough vacuum to saturate the wicks. I have to keep tilting the tank. I have the wicks fulling the wicking holes and into them maybe a 1/16-1/8 inch. Cant really find any videos on buulding and wicking these rdta's.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Does anyone have this rdta? What are your thoughts on it? How do you wick it?

I cant seem to wick this thing that good. I keep tasting cotton. Not like a real bad dry it, but like its not wicking well. Seems like it just doesnt have enough vacuum to saturate the wicks. I have to keep tilting the tank. I have the wicks fulling the wicking holes and into them maybe a 1/16-1/8 inch. Cant really find any videos on buulding and wicking these rdta's.

You have to tilt the mod on an RDTA to saturate the wick. That's how an RDTA works.
I wick all my RDTAs the same. I cut the wicks just below the deck. If your wicks are too tight in the wicking holes it will choke them. When you tilt the mod to take a hit it should be enough to wet the wick.

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
You have to tilt the mod on an RDTA to saturate the wick. That's how an RDTA works.
I wick all my RDTAs the same. I cut the wicks just below the deck. If your wicks are too tight in the wicking holes it will choke them. When you tilt the mod to take a hit it should be enough to wet the wick.

My other rdtas rtas i dont really have to tilt my mod. They seem to have more vacuum or jus the tilt for the hit is enough. With this tank, i really have to tilt it and spin it around to get it really saturated. My wicks arent tight at all. Even the couple wicks before this one were pretty loose. I seen one video for this that was in german where the guy left his wicks real long. Like he pulled them out the bottom and cut them even w where the bottom of the glass would be, filled pretty much the entire thing with wick so it was pretty much fully covered in wick, jus left a opening/channel where the side fill port is down to the bottom of the glass. I havent tried it that way, never had to with any of my rebuildables.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
My other rdtas rtas i dont really have to tilt my mod. They seem to have more vacuum or jus the tilt for the hit is enough. With this tank, i really have to tilt it and spin it around to get it really saturated. My wicks arent tight at all. Even the couple wicks before this one were pretty loose. I seen one video for this that was in german where the guy left his wicks real long. Like he pulled them out the bottom and cut them even w where the bottom of the glass would be, filled pretty much the entire thing with wick so it was pretty much fully covered in wick, jus left a opening/channel where the side fill port is down to the bottom of the glass. I havent tried it that way, never had to with any of my rebuildables.
Yep. That’s the other method. Some rdtas need it some don’t. My pharaoh 25 does for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread