Status
Not open for further replies.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
"Check atomizer" usually means the device is measuring infinite resistance (no circuit) either because there is no atomizer attached, or the atomizer has no coil installed. If that's not the case and it's doing it on all (or more than one of) your tanks/toppers, there may be an issue with the device itself. If you're handy with a soldering iron, you might be able to disassemble it and maybe do the repairs yourself; otherwise, probably best off leaving it to a professional.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Its not my atty . Im using an Rda on it and it reads check atomizer

Most likely there is a break in the circuit somewhere. Commonly that would be either in the 510, the atomizer, or a fault in the device. You mentioned that it happens with several toppers so it's probably not the atomizer. I'd check the 510 connection. It may be adjustable or it may be stuck in a low position. If that's not it, then it's probably a fault in the device. If there is a fault in the device then you need to either get it repaired or repair it yourself - if you have the capacity to do a repair.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sounds to me like it's definitely your mod having trouble forming a connection with the tank. As others have said, check your mod's 510 connection to see if it has gotten depressed somehow, or stuck. Did it work at all, or was it like this from the moment you got it? If the former, sometimes screwing on tanks too tightly can cause damage to the pin, but if you have other setups working and it's been that way since the beginning it does sound like either a fault in the connection or an electrical issue.

If you try the above remedies and are still in the warranty period, I would probably warranty it. I lack the skill to do even the most rudimentary of electrical work, personally, but even if I were quite good at it, if my mod were under warranty I would replace it, simply because I don't much care for the idea of having to "repair" my mod myself if it's brand new. For one, I might void the warranty (that can happen) and also, I'd want to make sure I was starting out with a solid device.

Best of luck, the above is just my opinion as always. I hope you find a solution.

Anna

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I keep getting this stupid error Check atomizer . srsly like why ? I tried my other 2 tanks and my rda and same error. Gimme da help.

They do work on other batteries, yes?

If so, the mentioned stuck pin is a likely culprit, or it's gotten covered in dried on juice.

Take out the battery. Soak a Q-tip / cotton swab in rubbing alcohol and scrub out the the whole 510 connection area, push and release the pin with the swab. Give it enough time for the alcohol to evaporate and try again.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread