SIGH - Vets, please recommend me a new simple/reliable/easy to use PV/Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
sorry for the length.. just want every point covered.. i want this to be my last purchase..

1) Must not be TOO big.

• I understand when you get to the mods, it's going to be bigger.. but regardless, I still want something I can carry in my pocket... use while driving without it looking like i'm putting a tube to my mouth (when i smoke the most).
  • I would prefer something that stays the shape of a cigarette/cigar (yea i know.. you vets don't understand this). But I will sacrifice this shape if necessary
2) I don't want to use a cartomizer

• had a bad experience with them (as explained below) and feel they're not bringing out the taste of my juice consistently or they're just making them taste different
  • maybe something where I can direct drip? or one of those tank or bottle things where it can just store my juice because I want full flavor
3) Good Amount of Vapor & Warmth - Similar to an analog please!
  • with an analogs, I can take a short drag and produce alot of smoke. with the bloog i have to suck a long time and though it's a good amount of smoke, it still isn't as much as an analog.. or that thickness(?) in the smoke isn't there.
  • I would like the "suck time" to be as small as possible with alot of vapor. (just like an analog)

- Money isn't an issue.
- Some mods I was considering but still might go with depending on your guys opinions:

• ego or riva510 - i like the size.. but the youtube videos they were sucking a long time which i kinda don't want...and I seem to see ALOT of mixed opinions like they just don't work well for a long time.. no throat hit, dry smoke and stuff. please correct me if i'm wrong.. only did vague research. main thing though is i read that the flavor of the e-liquid isn't very good...which is a big thing to me
  • vv mod? - i don't know if this is a specific pv or a "type" but the ones I saw so far were pretty huge.
  • reo mini - this looks like a good candidate but i still would prefer the non-box shape. might consider this one.
  • glv2 - another good candidate but still want the cigar shape if possible.. might consider this one

Please just recommend me a model name of the PV, atomizers, and whatever else in the most laymans-terms possible. I'm still new to this. The information on this forum is really really overwhelming

I made this really long because I don't want to waste anymore money.. i want this PV to last a good long time if possible =(

Optional Reading:

Frustration & Background:
went with the Bloog kr808-something after hearing so much great things and the fact that it's small and compact. hated the automatic batteries (till i got used to them.. but still didn't like them) and i didn't like the prefilled cart flavors at all..

gave it another shot- got some juice and a manual battery. liked the manual much better and the juice was so much better than the prefilleds!

Then... I noticed the the flavor of the carts started tasting try and losing flavor after a good 20 or so hits.. refilled them (dripping from the top)- same taste. I also didn't know I had to keep rewetting the inside of the carts to keep it "moist" after a few hits... and i hit all the carts a good amount and they all have that "dry burnt" flavor.. so I think I just wasted 15 empty carts which cost a ....load (i read somewhere once u get that burnt taste u can't really remove it)

So... I did a little research and I guess it's because the juices I'm using are thick? and the juices are having trouble getting to the bottom (BWB and Halo juices) So I did the bottom filling condom method.. no matter how careful, it's always creeping up the sides of the cart and i'm wasting expensive juice... just now I did a condom / bottom filled method on the cart.. waited 15 minutes, di dripped from the top. Tried again - the flavor isn't there like how I remembered.. it's very mild compared to what I remembered when I first did it, sigh.

enough is enough - no carts, new PV or I'll probably never touch another ecig again =(

Last edited:

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
I might suggest that you check out the Jessy, at FSUSA.

I've just got mine, so can't claim that I know everything about it, but...I'm loving it.

VERY easy to use- it takes big "tank" carts, so you're not constantly refilling.

It uses some sort of frequency modulation to control the atomizer (I am not an electrical engineer, and don't really understand) giving you variable settings and more/less vaper according to the setting you choose.

My fave thing so far is that it seems to atomize the liquid so completely that your atties never get very dirty, and it also has a self cleaning feature...

It's ego sized, like a medium cigar or a big-ish magic marker.

All in all, a really good pv for those of us who don't like to mess with stuff too much.

And TONS of vapor.

It's sort of steep for an ego-clone, though, so look into it before you buy...

B Est,

Ande

PS- I didn't get mine from FSUSA, cause I'm in Korea where they come from. But I've heard they're the only US dealer, and a good company to do business with.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
This might give you a better idea of what you're looking for. As a general rule, however, most mods don't come in the size and shape of a cigarette and the eGo/Riva batteries are the closest you'll get to a cigar.
It's not that we vets don't understand, it's that we know what's out there right now.

Mod Buyer's Guide

Michele

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lewisville, Texas
I've walked in your shoes my friend. I'll tell you one thing that might discourage you. Your taste buds are changing from not smoking the analogs. They'll continue to change for some time. Don't give up. The eGo-T has what you need imo. A cigarette look, ease of use, lots of vapor, compact, and good price. I purchased mine from Totally Wicked. But there are many other vendors on this forum that sell the same thing--just maybe with a different name like Tornado or something different. I recommend that you go to each vendors site that you're interested in purchasing from and look at their videos and learn that way. I find visual much easier. Your choice.

What I can also tell you is each and every juice you purchase is NOT going to taste exactly like what the label says it'll taste like. Taste is very individual. Some can taste the flavor intended right from the start and others (like myself) cannot.

If you like tobacco you're in better luck. If you like sweet, try cinnamon. If you like non-sweet--you'll need to hunt and hunt. I'd suggest going to the classifieds and purchasing small amounts of different juices and see what happens.

Good luck to you!!

phantom2x

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
I manage to hold the ego the same way I did a smoke, between my two fingers with my thumb for support sometimes. I use a 510-t atomizer, because I also hated the cartridges, since I too found the vapor was inconsistent. The tank is consistent the whole way through and lasts a while. Its just hassle-free and does what it should do imo. Anything less kinda sucks.

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
If money isn't a factor, and your willing to wait. IMHO the GGTS with UFS is hands down, the best setup I have used to date. It's actually amazing to me, the flavor and vapor is better than direct dripping, There is a learning curve involved but it's pretty easy to figure out, didn't take me very long at all, and since then I haven't been able to put it down. There are too many features of this set up for me to post, but definitely check out the GG forum in the suppliers section, Amazing folks there! It has been worth every penny I spent on it, I wouldn't want to be without it. The UFS allows you to control the air, and the juice flow to the atomizer separately so you can tailor your vaping experience to your liking. A VV module will be available in the near future that you can add on to your GGTS. For me, it has everything and more I could think of... and it is sexy!

IMG_0200.jpg

P.S. I also dislike the "sucking through a coffee stirrer straw" for a drag feeling, vaping at 6 volts with a Ikenvape HV 3.5 ohm atty, requires almost no sucking to get a giant billow of vapor, very satisfying, and the flavor is truly unbelievable out of the UFS. (it's the one on the right in the picture)

Last edited:

SuziesMom

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
NY
REO Mini all the way....I frogged around with a Riva, and an Inferno. Switched up to a Maxi Roughstack for the battery life, and then jumped in with the REO. I haven't touched another ecig since I got my REO, and tonight I actually gave away my E-Power (kind of like a big Ego with a 14650 battery.

Personally I didn't love the tank system I tried. It may have just been the model, but it just felt cloggy the entire time, and I really had to work to get a good amount of vapor.

Second runner up was the Vortex from GotVapes- it's a really nice design, and holds about a ml of juice. The flavor and vapor production are really nice. It just felt a bit more delicate, and the mouth pieces kept falling off. They're working on revising them, and they're currently out of stock.

I resisted the box mods for the longest time, and really wish I hadn't. The Mini is small- the battery is the same size as a AA battery. It fits nicely in my hand, and is very pocket friendly. It's easy to keep an atty or cartomizer sopping wet with them, and the extra juice makes for a really yummy experience. I do use a Boge 2 ohm cartomizer because it's just the best experience I've had. The hit and flavor are great- and you can really fog a room up with the amount of vapor it produces.

If you drive and vape a lot a juice fed model is really the best way to go. Dripping and driving just doesn't work. Dripping itself just sort of gets old. With a REO you're good for at least half a day before you have to replace anything. I tend to gravitate towards the Grand because it's an all-day, all-night device for me, but it's a bit on the beefier side.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Go for the Reo mini. The bottom feeder is so easy and clean. It looks like a cell phone, so you are cool in the car without attracting attention. Everything is in the box so no tubes sticking out. All the 510/306 LR atty choices for a warm flavorful vape. Inexpensive 14500 batteries that you can have 3-4 around. You can use cartomizers and juice them from the bottom feeder if you want. I keep a few in my glove compartment in case my atty ever dies while I'm out. You can drip with them even mid-bottle. Flavor is pure, vape is consistent for atty/battery choices, design is simple and classy, and everything is mechanical so very low maintenance.

Keep your Bloogs for when you want to stealth vape with a cigarette looking PV.

Last edited:

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Reo Mini . Spent a LOT of money on mods, always curious as to the capabilities of PVs out there. Sold most of them over time, but hang on to a few. Reo I carry with me everyday to work, as it has the durability to hold up to being smashed and dropped and stuffed in my pocket. Its the ability to have 3ml capacity + attys that last forever that got me hooked. When I'm at home, I swap around flavors and use other mods, but for work: I have to have something that is fire and forget. Just like SuziesMom, I hated box mods when I first started vaping. I spent $400 on a GGTS + UFS just to get a good tank system and not have to resort to a bottom feeder. Reo came in, and 2 days later I sold my 2nd GGTS +UFS, other one I hang on to for sentimental reasons.

Cisco 1.8 ohm 306s and 510s are my attys of choice. 1.5s work fine but you have to pay attention and keep them wet if your a heavy vapor. You can order the ciscos with a special checkbox to make sure they thread to a Reo properly.

Grand I use for 6v vaping, and huge capacity. 3.5 ohm 306s on it.

Provari is 2.0 ohm Dual Coil Cartomizers: although you said you hated cartos.

Last edited:

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
I assure you that even if you have small hands the reo mini will fit in the palm of your hand. The only reason people notice mine is I've polished mine to a mirror like finish. Any ways for simplicity sake ease of use and durability with virtually nothing to go wrong with it I highly recommend a reo.

I'm using the Reo Grand with IKV LR306 atty most of the time right now and am waiting for my Reo mini to come in. I like it so much that I ordered the mini a week after I got my grand. It's probably the most simple pv you can use. My ego-t, Darwin, and P10 is collecting dust right now. I also have a SSGGTS that I vape from time to time but nothing beats the simplicity of the Reo. It just works. So another vote for the Reo.

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
I've walked in your shoes my friend. I'll tell you one thing that might discourage you. Your taste buds are changing from not smoking the analogs. They'll continue to change for some time. Don't give up.

ah i wish my taste buds were changing.. but i'm still smoking analogs atm =( today was the first day though where I wanted to smoke my PV more so than my analog.. which is why i really don't want to give up on this whole thing! ty for the advice though

If money isn't a factor, and your willing to wait. IMHO the GGTS with UFS is hands down, the best setup I have used to date.

wow man i was actually sold on that until i saw the price o_O i said money isn't a factor because i never knew a PV could even cost that much! that does sound like the perfect PV though

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
If you are looking for something that is all mechanical, just about the same size as an ego, 3.7V, hits like a champ, then look at an Icon by puresmoker.com. I take mine to work all the time. Very durable and takes a beating but you wouldn't know it.

i was very intrigued by this... it looks nice and i love how it looks.. but after thinking about it more.. since i don't want to touch another cartomizer ever again (lol) and i figure carrying a juice around outside of home will be a pain.. this probably wouldn't be the best option for me.

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
looks like i'm going with the REO Mini guys.. i'm convinced by every one of your guys reasonings.. jus makes the most logical sense atm i guess.

it's small, the least hassle free of the majority of PVs out there..juice feeds... and i'm just assuming that the vapor production is great because from what i researched, i haven't seen any complaints about that at all..

also i never thought about the whole dripping and driving thing.. i'm one of those that multi task in the car (i know i know..) so I really don't need to add another thing to do that >.<

only thing is i don't know how I'm going to use these on the outs.. i'm a college student and i guess ima have to stealth vape.. dont' really want the funny looks >.<

i just wanted to thank everyone that took the time to respond to this post.. i literally just ordered it and I hope this works out for me

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
wow man i was actually sold on that until i saw the price o_O i said money isn't a factor because i never knew a PV could even cost that much! that does sound like the perfect PV though

It is pricey compared to other mods, but if I would have gotten a GG in the first place, I would have saved money... all the trying carts, atomizers, tank systems, plus my time and frustration, messing with tweaking products that don't work the way they are advertised, leak all over the place etc. Now I just unscrew the top, fill the tank, and go all day long, no worries.

I personally don't want to go back to analogs, so the money is well spent on a reliable, no BS well thought out product. $300 was about 4 weeks of smokes for me (2 pack a day smoker)

I started with a Puresmoker Prodigy V3, and it was a reliable mod, it just didn't offer any solutions to some of the dislikes I had with my vaping experience (a lot of the same stuff that you are having) The GG was the only mod to address the fundamental oversights that I was displeased with vaping. Keep the GG in the back of your mind, it is worth saving for, even if it is down the road a ways!

I wish you the best of luck! Keep on vaping, you will lose the analogs eventually and not even want one again!

toddos

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Washington
Welcome to the club, new Reonaut. I think you'll definitely be happy with the mini. Don't forget the hardware! Get a couple 600mAh AW IMR batteries (I go through 2-3 of these per 3ml of juice -- wrap some electrical tape around the batteries to provide an easy-removal tab) and a charger. If you already have 510 atties or cartos you're good there, but I'd really recommend trying some low resistance atties. I really like Avid Vaper's 1.8ohm cisco spec 510s as a good compromise between the warmth of a 1.5ohm and the battery life of a 2.0ohm.

One suggestion that I haven't seen others mention yet that's not mod-related, but since you posted about wanting thick, voluminous vapor you could try using juices with higher VG content. The 50/50 PG/VG juice I vape from FSUSA in my mini produces literal clouds of vapor. Even 80/20 PG/VG will produce noticeably more vapor than straight PG, and in an 80/20 or 70/30 mix won't sacrifice much of the PG throat hit.

Don't worry about using the mod when out and about. If anything, enjoy the attention (pretty girls asking you "What's that?" rather than "Can I bum a smoke?"). Always carry a couple of spare, clean drip tips that you can swap on and let others have a try at it. You may just convert some analog smokers to the better way of vaping :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread